AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
WHY OUR INDUSTRY IS SINKING !

LAST FRIDAY MORNING I RECEIVED A CALL THAT CAME FROM A EMPLOYEE OF A STATE FARM CLAIMS OFFICE. WE HAVE CALLER I D . THEY NEEDED A RIGHT REAR WINDOW FOR THERE CAR . I QUOTED 257.00 INSTALLED IN OUR SHOP DUE TO POOR WEATHER CONDITIONS.
I QUESTIONED WEATHER OR NOT THIS WAS UNDER INSURANCE OR CASH . HE SAID HE HAD A 250.00 DEDUCTABLE.
HE THEN TOLD ME THAT HE HAD BEEN QUOTED 110.00 INSTALLED AT HIS WORK .
I THINK THIS SUMS UP WHY OUR INDUSTRY IS TAKING A HIT.

Re: WHY OUR INDUSTRY IS SINKING !

Unforturnately, bottom feeders hurt the industry. The only thing that consumers see is the end product. If it looks good to the untrained eye and doesn't leak, it's a good job. I think most of us can agree that nothing could be farther from the truth. It's sad. Maybe, you should call them back and see if they had it done and by whom?

Re: WHY OUR INDUSTRY IS SINKING !

I just love asking questions........lol lol

What would State Farm have to gain by making a call like that and leading the shop to believe that he has been undercut by a very large amount?

You ain't the only one that has gotten calls like that, we have caller ID too, and I think it's pretty darn common these days, and insurers know it.

If I were an insurer, and worried that shops were developing a backbone on a larger and larger scale, I would try anything to break their back as soon as possible.....including propoganda.

Mabey, just mabey, the faxes ain't cuttin' it with shops anymore and they're finally paying attention to their accountants.

How 'bout this: The announcement on Bytes that 8500 shops are signed up to Metryx, and before that, a month past the Metryx deadline they admitted to being down 20% from previous O/A members, and it's mandatory to be Metryx to be SF or All O/A members. A 20% loss would be huge considering the Farm said in the past they had 20000+ shops in the program. Betcha 20% made them sit right up and take notice.

Do you think 8500 shops is 51% of the market?

I give insurers a max of two more years to eliminate glass from coverage all together. Think the lowballers will survive at their cash pricing without quantity insurer referrals? (With industry quantity down across the board, they don't have the quantity now, read the big boy's financials, that's why steering has escalated so badly)

Think about that, and Happy New Year to us. I think mabey the pendulum is swinging back. Let's do what we all can to push it our way, and hang on to it this time around. Customer and quality first, always.

Now, back to football, and dinner's just about ready!

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com