AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
'04 NAVIGATOR

We installed a new laminated LFD in 2 separate 2004 Navigators today (DD10172 GTY) and neither one will operate fully up and down, so we assume they have pinch protection. The car dealer has nothing to offer us as to reset/recalibrate them. Anyone run into this that could offer constructive advice please? Thanks, Dave

Re: '04 NAVIGATOR

Let me restate what happened: One of them works fine, took 15 minutes to replace since no vacuuming...other one will not operate properly...now the dealer says pinch protection not available on '04 models...so now we are assuming something is wrong with the motor/switch or whatever. So thanks for viewing anyways and I'll advise if I learn anything on this one.

what is it doing or not doing? is it just going up a little, is it stuggling to move, does it go up then automatically comes back down???

Re: Re: '04 NAVIGATOR

if controls automatic up and down, you may have to reset the control ...turn key off, then wait several minutes or disconnect battery cable. this will reset the computer. had same problem on 05 honda accord

Apparently pinch protection is not available on these so we feel it is a motor or switch problem since one of the two works perfectly fine. Will advise if we figure it out. Thanks

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com