AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
OK 2006 I'M READY

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE AND LETS KEEP OUR CHIN UP FOR 2006.

Re: OK 2006 I'M READY

The more of us that take a stand the way you are ,,, We WILL have a HAPPY NEW YEAR! Merry Christmas!!

This is not just for classy...and no offense but I bet you said that in 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, and 2005 and yet here we are in about the same rut a little older. what positive changes do you anticipate seeing in the glass industry for 2006? Anyone can HOPE and PREY for the best? We all know where that gets us. To make change there has to be action. what are you committed to do this year to make marketwide changes?

OK MR. DOOM AND GLOOM,

I TAKE THIS INDUSTRY DAY BY DAY. I CONTINUE TO THINK POSITIVELY ABOUT THE INDUSTRY THAT I AM IN RATHER THAN THINK NEGATIVELY. IN MY OPINION, NEGATIVITY DOESE NOT MAKE A SUCCESSFULL COMPANY. WE ALL HAVE TO REMAIN POSITIVE AND STRONG. YOU WILL NOT LAST 2006 IF YOU DONT. THE ONLY CHANGES I SEE FOR 2006 IS THE INSURANCE COMPANIES ATTEMPTING TO TAKE MORE AWAY FROM US. BUT IT IS UP TO ME TO REMAIN POSITIVE AND STRONG AND NOT GIVE THEM THE DISCOUNTS. I AM SENDING MY INVOICES TO THESE INSRUANCE COMPANIES TO WHAT I THINK IS FAIR AND REASONABLE. THEY WILL BE DEALT WITH FOR WHAT IS SHORT PAID. EVERYTHING WILL BE NOTED AND DOCUMENTED. I AM DETERMINED TO GET EVERY PENNY I AM BILLING THEM FOR. EVERYONE SHOULD START DOING THE SAME THING. LIKE I SAID IN A PREVIOUS POST, I WILL NEVER COLLECT FROM THE INSURED FOR SOMETHING THEY PREPAY FOR. IT IS NOT THEIR FAULT. SO, MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU BUTCH.

Well, ClassyGlassGal, I for one would certainly say those are pretty darned positive changes, judging by the mounting numbers that are doing exactly what you are.

I say "GO GIRL,GO!"

As has been said before, you're NOT the only one, not even close.

Happy Holidays to all.

difficult situations nonetheless. I am actually a very positive minded individual. I mean hey it's christmas time and im in good health. hope you all are too. I have nothing to be ungrateful about. I just like to hear how people respond to adversity. I take it in stride everyday. I guess Id like to think that everyone could turn a negative into a positive. And wish there was a way to get everyone networked up so that we were all on the same page instead of floating about like lost atoms. Mery christmas!

I guess if we were as organized as the industries that fight us we would have a chance in battle. Until that day. I do not forsee victory. A 8 engine diesel locomotive with 100 cars behind it can be held in place with a 4"x2"x2" block of steel. But when you remove that block of steel and it gets fired up hot moving down the tracks at 70mph what does it take to stop it then?

And those are the exact positive changes we ALL need to make and we will ALL have a much better new year! Way to go Gal, and like mark said you are not alone by any means, and the numbers are growing!

BUTCH,
THE ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION ABOUT HOW DO YOU STOP SOMETHING FROM GOING 70 MPH ETC...

YOU PUT A BIG BRICK WALL IN FRONT OF IT AND LET IT CRASH!!!!!!

WE ARE THE BRICK WALL SLOOWWWWLLLY CREAPING UP THE OTHER SIDE OF THE TRACK (YEAR 2006),

THE INSURANCE COMPANY IS THE ONE WHO CRASHES GOING 70 MPH (DERR) INTO OUR BRICK WALL. AND WHEN I SAY OUR, I MEAN YOU, ME, AND EVERYONE ELSE THAT HAS BEEN ROBBED OF THE RIGHT TO CHARGE WHAT THEY FEEL IS FAIR AND REASONABLE. EVERY OBSTACLE HAS ITS WAY OF BEING BEATEN!!!!!! WE WILL BEAT THIS.

THE UNFORTUNATE THING IS WE, AS AN INDUSTRY, FOR MANY YEARS HAVE SPENT TOO MUCH TIME CUTTING EACHOTHERS THROATS RATHER THAN KEEPING A CLOSE EYE ON THE INSURANCE INDUSTRY. THEY GOT US WHILE WE WERE SLEEPING. THEY SUCCEEDED.

NOW ITS OUR TURN, BUT THERE ARE STILL GLASS COMPANIES OUT THERE THAT ARE ONLY FOR THEMSELVES AND WILL NOT STICK THERE HEADS OUT OF THEIR OFFICES. THESE ARE THE ONES WE NEED TO BREAK. WE ALL HAVE TO DO IT TOGETHER!!!!

I like the way Classy looks at it!

You could derail that 70mph train by cutting that block in half diagonally and using it to do so, just a couple little wedges to push in the right direction, and the whole train derails one car at a time, like dominoes.

Keep goin' Classy! I like your style! All we need to do is put the wedges in the right place at the right time.

We should use wedges against them instead of letting them drive wedges between us.

Merry Christmas!

yeah you know I have been thinkin. what i charge is way too low. I need to start thinkin about other people besides myself. Even if it means losing out on some business. what is sustainable profit for me is not realistic for others and I am being selfish to think it is ok. we all win if we don't low ball!

GP,,,, EXACTLY!!!!

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com