AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
IF I AM NO LONGER A PARTICIPANT....

If I am no longer a participant in the lynx network, can I negotiate rates? Also, do I reserve the right to continue to charge and demand 30$ or more on a kit even though some of the ins. co.'s are starting to only paying a max of 15$ per kit, not per tube, PER KIT. Thats about my cost on just the two tubes. What about the big conversion vans, and conventional cabs that can take 2.5 to 3 tubes? What about the grind work I do on pinchwelds that are corroded? Don't they understand that the kit is glue, glass cleaner, pirmers, etc....
Please do not criticize. I am just looking for simple opinion. Thanks for anyones input.

Re: IF I AM NO LONGER A PARTICIPANT....

Criticize? Not me...congratulations! Welcome to a growing club: We call it the free market.

Sounds like you have a pretty good grasp on things. I don't care for the 'negotiate' part, but the point is, charge for what you do, and DO what you charge for. The only person you have to negotiate with is the person that owns the car. If you do your job well, and better than your competition, you deserve to be paid for it, and paid enough to make a decent profit.

It's like this, you can't walk into Foot Locker and buy Nike for what Kmart sells canvas tennis shoes for, so what's the difference if you aren't selling Kmart shoes?

I wish I could tell you it's a cake walk now, but it isn't. It's a bed of roses, it has its benefits and its thorns. It's called open competition.

Oh, and to your question don't they understand about charges for everything, sure they do. They just hope that you are gullible enough to fall for the line that you're the only one thats charging for them.

You ain't, not by a damm sight.

RIGHT ON! WAY TO GO CLASSYGLASSYGAL. THESE ARE THE NEXT BEST POSTS I'VE READ IN A WHILE. THE INDEPENDANTS THAT ARE WILLING TO TAKE BACK THIER BUSINESSES ARE GROWING DAILY!!!! CONGRATS TO US ALL!

It seems that the word PROFIT has become a dirty word. Everybody forgets that the tpa,s need you way more than you need them. God forbid we should ever figure that out.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com