AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
1999 E 320 Mercedes Backglass woes .ramble/rant

We are an independant non network shop .
One of my regular accounts sent us a customer in need of a tempered backglass with antenna for a 99 E 320 Merc which after many phone calls was determined to be dealer only.We ordered all the trim/glass etc from Mercedes and went out and cleaned the job up and secured it against the weather so that when it rained for the past day+ it would be ok.Also to determine what was needed to install the glass properly.Today on receipt of the glass mouldings etc we called to get some safelite (USAA) talking head on the phone telling us that LOF makes the part and they're not autorizing any dealer piece when aftermarket is most certainly avaialable!(100+ miles from me in Fairfax VA) So this safelite nazi is telling me that USAA will send me the glass blah blah blah (Via LOF) of course tomorrow I have 5 jobs going in and im sure this would entail MONDAY at the bare minimum (insureds glass has been broke since tuesday) and I have no idea how I am supposed to make a thin dime off this sent to me part .

I am about ready to walk away from the job and hold all these parts for a week so that NO BODY can get them for safelite but I have a duty to my cutomer to get his car back on the road as quick as possible safelite has a duty to USAA to scrape 300 off this glass price and leave the cutomer hanging for another 5 days or who knows.

I had to vent sorry!

Re: 1999 E 320 Mercedes Backglass woes .ramble/rant

TALK TO YOUR CUSTOMER EXPLAIN THE SITUATION. HAVE THEM PAY YOU FOR THE JOB AND THEN GET REIMBURSED FROM THEIR INSURER. THEY WILL PAY THE INSURED............

Call the customer and let them know you have the parts.Ask the customer to call USAA and ask them why you are not allowed to install the parts that you ordered.It is your duty to get the customer on the road.

You have now placed the monkey on the insurance companies back.You did what you knew was correct and you will still look like the good guy.

Thanks guys I knew id hear some good from you all . I will keep you posted on this.

Re: Re: 1999 E 320 Mercedes Backglass woes .ramble/rant

Also have customer explain if any damage to interior for their delays the ins. co. will be resposable.They dont want to replace interior.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com