AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
50's chev

I can't find a supplier that keeps the counter sunk screws and nuts for the door glass frames on old model chev's. Any body know a source?

Re: 50's chev

The screws you are looking for are 8-32 flat head phillips. Try a local hardware store. Some of the tru-value stores have a great selection. Or search the web for flat head phillips screws. Lots of info there.
http://www.smallparts.com/products/descriptions/mpx-f.cfm

Re: Re: 50's chev

The problem I have had is that the screws go into a female threaded end that is also countersunk. I have checked every supplier and all seem to have discontinued them. Thanks for the help.

CRL had them when I ordered about 6years ago. They were obsolete. I still need some . Try rivits.

Are you looking for nuts and screws for 55 up chevy truck door glasses??

if i remember right theese bolts are kind of like sex bolts

Right, I need the nuts and bolts and both have to be countersunk to clear the channel. CRL shows them in the old big red but they are discontinued.

almost impossible to find but an older installer says he has used rivets instead

http://www.restorationspecialties.com
They list sleeve nuts on page 177 of there cat. You may be able to make them work. HTH

Found what I needed. Thanks for the help everyone.

Where did you find the screws? Please share.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com