ATTENTION: The glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.
You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
State Farm issued a new Offer and Acceptance letter to glass shops this fall that included asking participants to sign up for the METRYX system and to do so by October 19. A little more than a month later, glassBYTES checked in with the company to find out how things went and found that, as far as the insurer is concerned, the O&A was well accepted.
Even if the numers are true, that means they lost 20% of their participants over this. That is a big number!
To me it shows that more shops realize that Metryx is just a way to cheat more shops out of a fair price. This is a step in the right direction. More shops will figure this out and OPT OUT of LYNX, Safelite, and the rest!
I guess some people have to go bankrupt before they figure out they've got a lousy deal.
I am one of the 20% that haven't signed on with METRYX yet. I felt that PPG/LYNX has no business getting in my business.
THEN i discovered that I was no longer on the "approved" list. LYNX now will only pay the insured directly if they want to use my shop!! Isn't this restraint of trade?????
SOOO I decided to join 'em since I couldn't beat 'em. NOW I can't get through their system to save myself. i think I've done everything right but it comes up "incomplete" and no way to know what the H____ I've done wrong. Try calling them and you get eternal hold on your own nickel. Perhaps my frustration with this high handed business shows!!!!
It's a catch 22 situation.Screwed if you do,double screwed if you don't.They have got 80% of us right where they want us,doing it THEIR way.I did not sign up and have lost work over this.For me it just doesn't seem right that a company that says it will pay claims for any claim filed,and then turn around and tell the insured;nope sorry you have to pay this one and then you can send the bill to us and have to wait abt 3 weeks for your check,minus your deductible of course.
IT IS SO SAD THAT 80% OF THE SHOPS OUT THERE ARE SO RELIANT ON ST FARM AND TPA'S. THERE WILL BE NO CHANGE UNTIL 80% OF THE SHOPS GO IT ON THIER OWN! THEY ARE LOOKING FOR THE BOTTOM OF THE BARREL, AND BY SHOPS ACCEPTING THIER BS THEY WILL JUST TAKE AWAY MORE. WHAT ARE YOU SHOPS GOING TO DO WHEN THEY HAVE YOU MAKING 50 BUCKS OR LESS PER INSTALL? WORK 24 HRS A DAY AND KEEP THINKING YOU'RE MAKING MONEY BY JUST DOING MORE NON- PROFIT JOBS???? WITH 80% OF THE SHOPS ACCEPTING THIER TERMS THAT ONLY LEAVES 20% OF THE SHOPS THAT CAN GO AFTER THEM. I DON'T BELIEVE THEY EVER REALLY NEEDED METRYX TO BE WHAT THEY SAID IT WAS GOING TO BE, THEY JUST WANTED THE MAJORITY TO ACCEPT THOSE BOGAS TERMS SO THEY CAN BE OFF THE HOOK. SMART ON THIER PART,, REALLY STUPID ON THE 80%!!!
Can't win for loosing! I really didn't want to sign up but what choice do I have. I'm a one man shop and can't afford to have any customers told that if they want to use my shop that they have to foot the entire bill up front. I refused to do a single job for only one insurance company that billed through Safelite about 5 years ago.It took me about 4 years before I was able to get back on their list for all the insurance companies. I lost well over 25% of my business! It's hard to get a customer back once you have lost them. If I didn't sign up, the other 6 shops in my area are going to willingly take my business. The average consummer isn't so loyal that he will come to me if he has to pay for the entire windshield out of his pocket. I didn't like giving out information concerning my business but I don't have a choice. Yea for the IGA , at least they are trying to fight for us little guys.