Homepage for Mill Creek Landing Forum

Welcome to the MCL Homeowners' Association forum. Feel free to post a message, question, or comment related to our community.

Please Note:  We will not allow any posts that are disrespectful, disruptive, profane, religious, political, or sexual in nature.

We encourage all in our community to participate in this forum!!

MCL Homeowners' Association Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
News from the pond committee

The website is not allowing me to post, so I will place this in the Forum section until I can post regularly again!

NOTES FROM THE POND COMMITTEE

At the annual meeting, a pond committee was approved. The members are Anna Martin (President-elect), Frank McGee, Dan Hughes, Ed Kubicek and Bob Winger.

There have been several working committee meetings since the annual meeting. Our focus right now is to determine which of the multiple causes is responsible for the unusual loss of water level on the pond. We are investigating a number of things including the sluice valve and the drain pipe, a spring outfall on the down side of the dam, rainfall and evaporation rates, the composition of the soil under the dam, and damage to the liner.

We are measuring the height of the water level daily. The outcome of the investigation will be a calculation that accounts for the input and loss of water measured in gallons by cause. This way we can, by the process of elimination, determine what the major uncontrollables are and what will be needed to correct or mitigate the loss. We will then present the findings and recommendations to the Board and the Association for next steps, and should have some results by December.