Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Episodes of Countdown that have not aired on Rage yet - 2022 update

Armin,
Ep 527 - 21.09.1986 - Gavin Wood (live Uncanny X-Men, Dragon, Hoodoo Gurus, Reels) has aired. Can't say exactly when it was aired but I have a file created date of Feb 2015.

Thanks Armin. Your updates are so interesting and useful when calculating what has been played and what is still yet to be played on rage. There are still so many episodes to air, especially from 1983, 1985 and 1986. Let's hope we have a larger number of Countdown episodes played on rage next year.

criscles
Armin,
Ep 527 - 21.09.1986 - Gavin Wood (live Uncanny X-Men, Dragon, Hoodoo Gurus, Reels) has aired. Can't say exactly when it was aired but I have a file created date of Feb 2015.
You are right, I have got Countdown Sept 21 1986 as well.

I can't seem to find the old playlists on the Rage site anymore and Jason hasn't updated the Rage Re-runs page for 10 years so can't confirm the year but it was probably about 2015.

Thanks for letting me know, I'll update my records.

Circumstantial evidence only, but I'm going to guess it aired on Sunday 18th Jan 2015,
because that is the one night of retro month I completely missed out on since 2014, and I don't have a recording of Ep 527, so that kind of matches up.

According to my notes, 21/09/86 was missed when scheduled to air in the regular 2015 retro season, it must have been something else running overtime.

Due to a large number of people complaining about the show being missed, the Rage team relented and showed it on 04/02/2015 - about the only time they have ever done this...for some reason my notes say "ABC 3" - but Ive got no idea what that means...

Armin - one of your older postings in here which has all Rage dates that Countdowns aired does have 21/09/86 with (2015) in brackets next to it.

Brett (2)
According to my notes, 21/09/86 was missed when scheduled to air in the regular 2015 retro season, it must have been something else running overtime.

Due to a large number of people complaining about the show being missed, the Rage team relented and showed it on 04/02/2015 - about the only time they have ever done this...for some reason my notes say "ABC 3" - but Ive got no idea what that means...

Armin - one of your older postings in here which has all Rage dates that Countdowns aired does have 21/09/86 with (2015) in brackets next to it.
Cheers Brett
One of my cut and paste jobs must have had a glitch, or maybe as the episode was shown separately I overlooked it.

I just had a look at the episode and noticed that there was no watermark on it which was nice, just the occasional Rage subtitles with the episode date. I think this sometimes happened on ABC3 at the time so that would match your notes. I do remember there was one episode they showed in a usual replay slot section after Retro month as it was bumped from the original scheduling.

I just typed "527" as the search word at the top of this page and we had a bit of discussion going in 2009 (when I found the run sheet details on TARA which hadn't been listed by Jason) and 2015 (when they aired it).

Anyhow I guess that means we need 25 episodes (not 26) from 1986 and there are 70 (not 71) episodes still to go....assuming I haven't botched anything else.