Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: rage goes retro 3 - Awful news unfortunately

I watched the video for 'Hammer Horror' last night (which the audio and video s t u f f e d up) and went to sleep when this nerdberger came on with no personality introducing an act...Bring back Molly!

Not that this really matters too much as Hitscene March 13, 1971 (Ep 82) had already been shown during Retro Month 2001 so this was a repeat.

I'm with everybody else, show more Unaired Countdown in Week 4 please.

An excellent night, really enjoyed most of it except for stuff like Led Zeppelin and Sabbath ugh

The trouble is, we get 20 hours of "RETRO MONTH" per year (not counting the 5am "PG" music videos) (and this year we're getting about 16 hours!) but because they now want to do more than "Countdown" ..... well, just think of how many episodes of "Rock Arena", "The Factory", "Beat Box", "The 10:30 Slot" and "Recovery" are in their vault. Not to mention all the miscellaneous stuff (musical guests on various TV shows).

Quite frankly, it is my unconsidered opinion that they need to do a "RETRO NIGHT" on "rage" once per week, maybe twice, on one of their overnight repeats (Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday, not Monday - VAULT night). Or add it to "ABC TV Plus" which, otherwise, sucks! Or even stick it on ABC-ME where 11pm to 5am is free every night bar Sunday.

I guess this all stems from the fact that there is a new generation in charge of "rage" who haven't finished trawling the vaults yet and who think that if it is over 20 years old then it should be played. Coming soon, "Stan" by Eminem in the old song section. Also, given how much the ABC's budget has been cut (down by 25% in 2019 compared to 2009 then more cuts in 2020) they probably can't afford to have more than interns programming "rage".

Picture of Tim Finn on Countdown set for week four