Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 'rage goes retro' 2 - FULL ARCHIVAL INFO on TWO of the ROCK ARENA episodes being screened

Yep, I tuned out on 1989 RA as well. Awful.

I am SO glad to have the Sylvian episode FINALLLLLLY !!!!!!!!!

And I did enjoy the 1983 episode as well as I loved the Dave Edmunds selections.

Re: 'rage goes retro' 2 - FULL ARCHIVAL INFO on TWO of the ROCK ARENA episodes being screened

Interesting to see people's different points of view. Whilst I agree week 2 was a bit of a bummer I still got something out of it. The 3 H & C clips were good. Been years since I saw those. Also that Black Sorrows set was also cool. A much younger Vicka & Linda. I enjoyed watching that set.

I was one of the only ones that got something out of rage goes retro 2. Whilst the first Rock Arena had clips many see on rage all the time, I love the Rock Arena format and I've always been a Rock Arena fan since the 80s.

And as for episode two, I certainly got A LOT out of it as I requested that episode. Certainly not for Hunters And Collectors as I only like their first two albums when they were Post Punk/New Wave. Me being a HUUUGE Japan and David Sylvian fan was my reason for requesting that episode and I am one happy boy to finally have the interview that Suzanne so very gracefully conducted with KING SYLVIAN!

It takes a certain sophisticated musical palate to appreciate Japan and Sylvian and I luckily have that sophisticated musical palet unlike most Australian bogans as I am European/Irish and English.

I fortunately tuned out and pressed stop on my DVD Recorder on the awful 1989 RA, I loathe Vika and Linda and The Black Sorrows. Jo Jo Zep was SO GREAT in the Falcons and was STUNNING solo and then came that travesty!

I got plenty out of it as well even though it was just the two RA's.