Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Playlist for Retro week 1

rage always play pretty common videos in January in between Countdown Episodes and in their morning slot. They venture out more on their Monday night VAULT special.

ABC Archival items in between Countdown's like Flashez clips or Interview outtakes from Countdown with Molly overseas would have been perfect for Retro season but why should I complain?!

rage are playing 4 Episodes out of my requested 11 from my list, so I thank them greatly!!!!!!!!!

It is however a pity that retro month doesn't continue from 5 to 6am, instead of a David Bowie hour that again could have been a chance to please the 70's fans with GTK or play Beatbox, Rock Arena ... But hey, 4 episodes in one night is SUPER PERFECT!!!

Jason 'The Moderator'
rage always play pretty common videos in January in between Countdown Episodes and in their morning slot. They venture out more on their Monday night VAULT special.

ABC Archival items in between Countdown's like Flashez clips or Interview outtakes from Countdown with Molly overseas would have been perfect for Retro season but why should I complain?!

rage are playing 4 Episodes out of my requested 11 from my list, so I thank them greatly!!!!!!!!!

It is however a pity that retro month doesn't continue from 5 to 6am, instead of a David Bowie hour that again could have been a chance to please the 70's fans with GTK or play Beatbox, Rock Arena ... But hey, 4 episodes in one night is SUPER PERFECT!!!
That is quite true Jason. It is super nice to have 4 brand new Countdowns that I have never seen before. You are also quite correct in that a Rock Arena or Beatbox could easily have been shown instead of the David Bowie special. His special was only shown about 3 or 4 years ago. A Machinations or Real Life special would be awesome! Surely it can't be that hard.

I'm just happy to have "new" Countdowns to watch again. It's been too long!!

Very happy that they managed to squeeze in 4 Countdowns to the time that the ABC had allotted to them. They are also 4 episodes that I am keen to see. Could have done without Nick The Stripper though as a space filler.

I didn't make any requests this year but just listed the remaining shows that have yet to air on Rage so I am glad there are no repeats amongst their selections and that they chose from the remaining shows.

Not fussed that they are playing David Bowie after 5am as they wouldn't have played any more retro shows in that timeslot anyhow so I had no expectations there.

I know some people collect individual clips and are more interested in clean clips and high quality but I prefer these full shows as I remember them. I am not too worried about individual clips anymore (almost all are on YouTube), I just love watching complete episodes of the shows as that gives a better vibe of the era.

Just hope that the other 3 weeks have something similar as they have tended to make the first night Countdown specific before drifting off somewhat after that. Will be interested to see what Rock Arena and GTK they use.

I laughed when I saw the Playlist. As out of the 11 Countdown episodes I requested for this year - the 4 played tonight are all on my list. Another 7 to go and I get all on my 11 Episodes list!