Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Ugggggggggggh, rage goes retro 4 has been announced. 1999 rage on the couch,

While I agree with your comments to a certain extent, your use of colourful language isn't appreciated.

Re: Ugggggggggggh, rage goes retro 4 has been announced. 1999 rage on the couch,

Ummmm .... this is my Forum and I can use the word F U C K if I wish. Seriously? Are you that much of a prude.

Matt73
While I agree with your comments to a certain extent, your use of colourful language isn't appreciated.
Oh! Hahahahaha! I thought you were talking to me for when I said this week's show could be ****. I forgot about the title of the thread!

Matt73, you are more than welcome to not use this Forum 'I' created.

If you want a Forum with no swearing now and again I suggest you start your own. I pay good money to keep my website up every year to celebrate Countdown and also pay money every month for this Forum so people can enjoy using it and if one swear word is really that offensive I suggest you get some humour perhaps.

1999 was easily the worst year of the 90s, musically. So, of course it's the one that rage have focused on. But as I've commented on their facebook post, the guest programmers they will air aren't even representative of what was popular in 1999 - it'll be just what Triple J thought was 'cool', and their focus was on awful Australian male vocal-led pub rock 'alternative' bands by that stage (think: Jebediah, Frenzal Rhomb and the like).

It would be like if, instead of airing Countdown to represent the 80s, rage instead decided to have a night of 80s 'alternative' music clips, like The Birthday Party, The Sisters of Mercy, The Smiths, The Jesus and Mary Chain, The Cure (who I like, but you know what I mean), The Reels - as if that, and only that, represented what the 80s were about, musically.

Nathan, you forgot their staple Joy Divisions ' Love Will Tear Us Apart'. I like the song, but really? every week???? PS - I only just discovered Paul Young's version on 'No Parlez'! I bought it recently as a reissue on record - purple with red wine marbling!

And I have supported your forum too over the years plus many many years ago had a truck load of C'downs transferred to DVD for you & I simply comment about inappropriate language that just makes an otherwise mature forum look bogan then so be it. Assuming you don't want the Countdown Revolution full episode that I have had since November featuring your "beloved" Boy George, just one of seven complete episodes in excellent condition received from an old school friend that recorded them back in '89 & '90..... I bid you farewell.

Now, now, settle down, gentleman. Sit down and have a cold beer / hot coffee and discuss it. I have a feeling you're both just stressed out and if you sat down for a yarn, you'd both relax and have a good time.

[/diplomat]

Now, as for passing judgement on this week's playlist..... meh! Nothing really bad that I don't like, but nothing really great that I'd love to get. And that is really all I can say about it.

Matt73 I Would be interested in any Countdown Revolution shows you may have also and happy to help with something else you are after in return too. Just msg me through my email. I don’t get much time to get on here as much as I would like though your post did catch my eye. Don’t mind if it is online with for example WeTransfer or copied to a DVD. Whatever way is convenient is fine with me.

Much appreciated.

Scott.

Yeah this 1999 stuff is horrible. Very disappointing indeed. Wait all year for these weekends in January.

Re: Ugggggggggggh, rage goes retro 4 has been announced. 1999 rage on the couch, F U C K . O F F

It like with any new era it's starts off with a bang and ends in a whimper. The new wave 80s did it and here we have the 1999 with all it's derivative excesses. A few good songs but mostly bands just treading water until something new comes along. There was a slight bump for rock after this period but even now rock has completely disappeared off the charts and we just have pap.

As the programmers get younger and we get older we might not even see countdown on retro month at all.

Re: Ugggggggggggh, rage goes retro 4 has been announced. 1999 rage on the couch, F U C K . O F F

AussieTV
It like with any new era it's starts off with a bang and ends in a whimper. The new wave 80s did it and here we have the 1999 with all it's derivative excesses. A few good songs but mostly bands just treading water until something new comes along. There was a slight bump for rock after this period but even now rock has completely disappeared off the charts and we just have pap.

As the programmers get younger and we get older we might not even see countdown on retro month at all.
I just know that Triple J TV is going to end up being shown in retro month before long...