Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Any Pink Floyd Fans here ?

A little off topic, but......Pink Floyd recently re-released their 1988 Delicate Sound Of Thunder Concert on Blu-Ray. If you are familiar with the concert, it has been remastered in a major way, simply, its mind blowing and has been professionally re-done in 16:9 format. I am usually not a fan of seeing something changed from 4:3 to 16:9, but when its done professionally, wow !

Here is an example from it, I managed to upload Comfortably Numb to Youtube. It is of a lesser quality, but I am sure you can see the quality.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDY5bo-NJtQ

Greed unfortunately reigns......the only way you can get this bluray concert is to buy the new Pink Floyd Later Years box set which is retailing for up to $500.

I have a complete BluRay rip of the Delicate Sound Of Thunder concert which is in .mkv format. It is absolutely massive in size at just under 30 gb. It has both the stereo and 5.1 sound tracks intact.

If anyone is interested in a copy, let me know and I will provide a download link. Happy to offer something up that's hard to get, as I have picked up a number of Countdown episodes here lately which have been much appreciated.

Jason, if this posts breaches anything, please delete, cheers

Re: Any Pink Floyd Fans here ?

Andrew
A little off topic, but......Pink Floyd recently re-released their 1988 Delicate Sound Of Thunder Concert on Blu-Ray. If you are familiar with the concert, it has been remastered in a major way, simply, its mind blowing and has been professionally re-done in 16:9 format. I am usually not a fan of seeing something changed from 4:3 to 16:9, but when its done professionally, wow !

Here is an example from it, I managed to upload Comfortably Numb to Youtube. It is of a lesser quality, but I am sure you can see the quality.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDY5bo-NJtQ

Greed unfortunately reigns......the only way you can get this bluray concert is to buy the new Pink Floyd Later Years box set which is retailing for up to $500.

I have a complete BluRay rip of the Delicate Sound Of Thunder concert which is in .mkv format. It is absolutely massive in size at just under 30 gb. It has both the stereo and 5.1 sound tracks intact.

If anyone is interested in a copy, let me know and I will provide a download link. Happy to offer something up that's hard to get, as I have picked up a number of Countdown episodes here lately which have been much appreciated.

Jason, if this posts breaches anything, please delete, cheers
Fan of 60's psychedelic Floyd with Syd (loved the video for Arnold Lane) and some later era Floyd like Another Brick In The Wall that's about it

The live performance of Careful With That Axe Eugene was freaky

It's brilliant, isn't it?!

I believe the original film was 16:9 so the home video versions that were released were cropped to 4:3.

Hopefully they release it as a standalone Blu-ray.

Your not wrong Grant, its just a pleasure to watch.I still have the original VHS I bought kicking around somewhere.

I don't have much hope of seeing it as a standalone. Its just plain wrong, I am more than happy to pay for it and the new Pulse remaster, but I am not happy to stump up for the box set. You cant do the right thing even if you want to.

Do you have Pulse ? I havent seen it and am unsure if it is a remaster on DVD or also on Bluray ?

I've seen the remastered Pulse too. It was sourced from video tape so it's nowhere near as improved as DSOT but it would be a definite purchase for me too if they put it out as a standalone release. I actually prefer the original Pulse DVD because they've altered the frame rate on the blu-ray to make it look like film which I think makes it look weird.