Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Countdown episodes shown by Rage since 1993

Thanks Armin!

I prefer burning and sending as you do as well. Not into all this Digital FIle sharing at all!

I will let you know what 1979 Episodes I need, thank you sooooo much!!!!

You are a GEM!

Armin
- April 19 1983 1982 Countdown Awards (2009)

The Sydney Morning Herald suggests this was broadcast on 17th April 1983, which explains why there is no regular show for this particular Sunday.

Screen-Shot-2020-01-19-at-8-19-20-am

Armin, you might be able to help me.

I am looking for a Countdown episode from 1981. I don't know the episode number. On that episode, The Angels played live, actually really live. They played "Fashion and Fame" and "Night Attack".

Do you know the episode number and do you by any chance have it ? I know of it because VH1 played the songs when they got hold of the Countdown archives and played stuff on Foxtel a few years back.

Also, just wondering. Why do two of the TV Week Rock Music Awards have a show number, and the rest of the Countdown Awards do not? Although, the 1982 show is in brackets.

235 April 13 1980 TV Week Rock Music Awards (2009)
277 March 22 1981 1980 TV Week Rock Music Awards (1995)
- (324?) April 18 1982 1981 Countdown Awards (2009)
- April 15 1984 1983 Countdown Awards (1998)
- May 19 1985 Countdown Music & Video Awards 1984 (2008)
- April 20 1986 Countdown Music & Video Awards 1985 (2007)

I'm just trying to get the right show numbers to the right show, that's all. I've seen a number of discrepancies on this website in the past.

Andrew, I have that Episode with The Angels doing those few ones live.

RetroTragic
Armin

The Sydney Morning Herald suggests this was broadcast on 17th April 1983, which explains why there is no regular show for this particular Sunday.

They did only produce the Countdown awards that week, although as it is dated the 19th it must have aired live on the Tuesday. That's why they had alternative programming on the Sunday night.

The numbering around that period seems to skip a week.

Ep 366 was April 10 1983 with The Globos, which aired in 2018

Ep 368 was May 1 1983 with Lene Lovich, which aired in 2017

That means that the Countdown Awards were not numbered, as happened a lot from this time onwards and episode 367 aired on April 24 but I have no information whether it actually still exists. I am hoping it does as I didn't think the May 1 1983 episode existed either until Patrick found out about it and requested it a few years ago.

Therefore the numbering of episodes at this time was:
Ep 366 April 10 1983
Countdown Awards unnumbered episode April 19
Ep 367 April 24 1983
Ep 368 May 1 1983

RetroTragic
Also, just wondering. Why do two of the TV Week Rock Music Awards have a show number, and the rest of the Countdown Awards do not? Although, the 1982 show is in brackets.

235 April 13 1980 TV Week Rock Music Awards (2009)
277 March 22 1981 1980 TV Week Rock Music Awards (1995)
- (324?) April 18 1982 1981 Countdown Awards (2009)
- April 15 1984 1983 Countdown Awards (1998)
- May 19 1985 Countdown Music & Video Awards 1984 (2008)
- April 20 1986 Countdown Music & Video Awards 1985 (2007)

I'm just trying to get the right show numbers to the right show, that's all. I've seen a number of discrepancies on this website in the past.
They gave them episode numbers in 1980 and 1981.

In 1982 it doesn't appear to have an episode number but there is no known episode 324 which would have been on that week so I am assuming that the Awards show was episode 324 but it just wasn't given officially. For some reason after that they stopped giving episode numbers to Awards shows and episodes before and after had consecutive numbers. They also did for Summer Shows where they had no episode numbers.

Andrew
Armin, you might be able to help me.

I am looking for a Countdown episode from 1981. I don't know the episode number. On that episode, The Angels played live, actually really live. They played "Fashion and Fame" and "Night Attack".

Do you know the episode number and do you by any chance have it ? I know of it because VH1 played the songs when they got hold of the Countdown archives and played stuff on Foxtel a few years back.
Fashion And Fame and Night Attack both featured on the December 6 1981 episode (No. 313) hosted by Greedy Smith. It was shown on Rage in 2007.

Thanks Armin, is there any chance I could buy a copy of it from you ? I am an Angels fan and its a bit of a rare one in that The Angels played 2 songs actually live on Countdown.

Andrew
Thanks Armin, is there any chance I could buy a copy of it from you ? I am an Angels fan and its a bit of a rare one in that The Angels played 2 songs actually live on Countdown.
As it is a fairly recently aired episode, shown in 2007, I would think that a lot of people would have it, including those that can share episodes online. I think most people on this forum have been watching and recording since the mid 90s.

If none of them have it then I can do a DVD copy but it would set you back costs ($2) and postage ($3) so you would be up for $5. My copy was actually recorded in analogue onto video and transferred from there to DVD, I didn't start digital recording until 2010.

I would also be happy to trade for the July 27 1986 Edinburgh Games episode which aired on Rage in 1993. I missed it that night and only have about half the episode from someone who did record it. It's the only episode I don't have in full that Rage have shown. There are also a couple of episodes which aired in 1994 which I wouldn't mind upgrading as I had poor reception, such as the first show for 1979 with Tom Baker interview and first show of 1983 hosted by James Reyne.

Armin
Andrew
As it is a fairly recently aired episode, shown in 2007, I would think that a lot of people would have it, including those that can share episodes online. I think most people on this forum have been watching and recording since the mid 90s.

If none of them have it then I can do a DVD copy but it would set you back costs ($2) and postage ($3) so you would be up for $5. My copy was actually recorded in analogue onto video and transferred from there to DVD, I didn't start digital recording until 2010.

I would also be happy to trade for the July 27 1986 Edinburgh Games episode which aired on Rage in 1993. I missed it that night and only have about half the episode from someone who did record it. It's the only episode I don't have in full that Rage have shown. There are also a couple of episodes which aired in 1994 which I wouldn't mind upgrading as I had poor reception, such as the first show for 1979 with Tom Baker interview and first show of 1983 hosted by James Reyne.

Thanks for all the info Armin, does anyone have it online that could help me out with it ? If not I am happy to get a copy from Armin.

Armin I do have 27 July 1986 - 519, the time it runs is 53.27 which appears to be all of it, but I suspect it is missing a touch off the end....perhaps a few seconds, perhaps 10 ? I dont know where I got it.

If you like I can upload it, you click on the download link I give you and download it to your computer and you can take a look (double click on the file and your computers media player will play it). If its ok, you should then be able to burn it to disc ?

If you know the dates or episode number I can take a look to see if I have the others.

Andrew
I only have 28 minutes of the Edinburgh episode so 53 minutes is longer than what I have got. Would love an upgrade. Would be happy to cover the costs of the 1981 Angels episode for that and treat it as a trade.

The other two episodes I only have in average condition aired on Rage in 1994
Ep 181 Feb 18 1979 which was the first show for 1979 and has a Tom Baker Dr Who interview
Ep 360 Feb 27 1983 hosted by James Reyne - first show for 1983

Armin
Andrew
I only have 28 minutes of the Edinburgh episode so 53 minutes is longer than what I have got. Would love an upgrade. Would be happy to cover the costs of the 1981 Angels episode for that and treat it as a trade.

The other two episodes I only have in average condition aired on Rage in 1994
Ep 181 Feb 18 1979 which was the first show for 1979 and has a Tom Baker Dr Who interview
Ep 360 Feb 27 1983 hosted by James Reyne - first show for 1983
I definitely don't have the 1979 episode with Tom Baker, but I do have the 1983 with James Reyne.

I have it listed as ep 359, but the date matches and I can see plenty of James Reyne in it so it must be it. Major problem , it only shows as 49 minutes.

What I might do (you might have to give me a day or 2) is find and go through a pile of DVD's. I know thats where all the episodes are from, and I converted them from DVD to digital files in a week spending 12 hours a day doing it. From memory there was 2 episodes on each disk. I used Handbrake to encode them and its possible it has guessed or used an incorrect chapter marker.

I will find and check the episodes to see what their status is, and if the software has blundered will re-encode them.

Thanks Andrew