Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 'rage goes retro 3' - THREE COUNTDOWN EPISODES / FULL ARCHIVAL INFO * SATURDAY 18TH JANUARY,

Att: Jason and Brett (2)

That 1982 Countdown is not a repeat, it is the one that they were going to show in week one but then changed it to The Globos episode instead. We didn't know if it was going to be the Dr Hook or the Billy Miller episode as they mixed the name and episode number up. You will have seen the time-coded episode though so it will be familiar.

That means that this Retro season we get 6 x 1982 episodes and 5 x 1980 episodes for a total of 11 episodes (I don't count the repeated Countdown and Rock Arena). Overall that is a lower return than we have had over the last decade.

As they have a new generation of JJJ apprentices working at Rage now, who don't know the difference between Boomers and Gen X, we may get more of these types of Retro seasons in future.

Re: 'rage goes retro 3' - THREE COUNTDOWN EPISODES / FULL ARCHIVAL INFO * SATURDAY 18TH JANUARY,

Never knew Duran Duran were on Countdown Revolution, would have been when they were going through a down phase before the come back with "Ordinary World"

No, I saw Duran Duran at Countdown Revolution when they were promoting Violence of Summer from Liberty in 1990

Okay then, a clean copy of HEPNOBEAT on the 1982 Episode tomorrow night which is great :-) It's a fantastic Episode!

I think Armin, I asked if you had september 5th, 1982 as it was on my request list to rage and they never played it for me after asking so much and you did have it so I took it off my request list to rage and you gave me a copy as I know I have it in TImer Code.

So rage didn't play September 5, 1982 (344: Billy Miller - The Great Blokes/ex Ferrets) (ABC)

It gets very confusing when one has many TImer Code's! ... I thought rage had played it after you also gave me the Timer Code but I guess not. So good it's not repeated tomorrow night!

Dreadful so far except a few clips here and there. All this noodling and jamming is :zzz:

Looks like there's nothing interesting until the Bowie interview....

All the GTK rubbish was absolutely awful!

It only got good when Bowie began.

Agreed Jason, it was boring as fark.

ABC has also shown most of the B&W stuff prreviously too.

CCR, Led Zep etc I have seen many times.

The wait has officially begun .... no more Countdown til January 2021. Huhhhh! Such a long time! At least there are five Saturdays next year, not just four.

RetroTragic, I once would get excited with 5 Saturdays in january and I looked a few weeks ago and saw that in 2021 rage will have 5 Saturdays in January BUT I don't get thrilled by that anymore as it certainly by any rate doesn't mean that rage will be played COuntdown every weekend or any Rock Arena.

Out of those 5 Saturday's one could be Recovery and the 10:30 Slot and one could even be the 00's as rage did say on their Facebook page that 00's is now Retro.

It's just ridiculous that Countdown is not being shown at all next weekend, not even two Episodes. It's simply unfair.

Don't think I'd seen that performance of "I'm Bored" by Iggy. Was awesome! Drugged to the max and freaking out the teeny boppers :slightly_smiling_face:

You haven't seen I'm Bored on Countdown?

WOW, okay ... I thought everybody had, it's been played that much!

RAGE have repeated that Iggy performance and interview many times over the years.

We get it almost every year

Have in on DVD just haven't gotten around to watching it. IV I've seen but think that's the first time for "I'm Bored"