Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: rage say NO Countdown Episodes on Weekend 4 :-(

I wonder if the finishing at around 4am thing has to do with daylight saving being/not being a thing in different states? Though it has never been a problem before.

From the last couple of years, rage have been very rigid about retro month content (and guest programmer/special content, for that matter) that isn't just a repeat of part of the Saturday morning show (the 5-6am Sunday hour) finishing by 5 a.m.; presumably so they can be sure that only PG content is repeated on ABC ME, even though the ABC ME shows don't start until 9:30 p.m. at the earliest (and often start later). Though nothing on Countdown is above a PG rating anyway! It's silly.

I remember when we used to get new retro month content up until 7 a.m. Sunday. That gave them plenty of time to squeeze in things like GTK etc. without impacting too much on the rest of the show.