Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Amazing 1979 - 1980 Vault on Monday night

Thanks Armin

I missed catching up with you last Summer, but we certainly will this time round. Will contact you soon. Cheers Regards Brett

I edited my recording of this VAULT on Friday (28 June). I had not read the playlist since recording it in the first place and I had not watched it previously. At the moment, I am in a music mood so I'm playing every song as it pops up before saving it. In other words, I set my start point, play the song then set my end point.

Anyway, as you can see from the playlist, I eventually got to this song:

ADRIAN MUNSEY The Lost Sheep

Now I'll bet everyone here had the same reaction of "What the f**k is this?"
I had a different reaction: "Oh! I have this on a DVD!"

Yes, you read that right.

I got a DVD from the UK called "Oh, Please Yourself: Frankie Howerd At ITV" from Network. The special features are both of Frankie's appearances on the London Weekend Television talk show hosted by Russell Harty. The DVD includes the full shows in both cases, not just the Frankie Howerd interviews.

The second one, from 14 April 1979, features Charlton Heston as his first guest, a performance by bleater Adrian Munsey and then the interview (and a song) from Frankie Howerd. They played the performance of "The Lost Sheep" which is from this episode. But the DVD uses the LWT master tape so it is in much better condition than what the ABC played - plus Russell interviews the guy after the "song" to ask what made him choose that direction.

It's all in good fun, but, seriously, what were they thinking including that?
Anyway, here is the entire episode of the Russell Harty show if you's want it
MP4 - 720x560 - 50min - 481MB
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PjB-5-qAHAgTzARA2vI5VQVKOI5g-JgS/view?usp=sharing

OK, it's been 18 months. I've had to clear space on my Google Drive account, so I've deleted that Russell Harty video. I've put the sheep segment on YouTube, but if anybody likes talk shows and wants the whole thing, contact me and I'll arrange something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yzJ_LiT3SM