Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Amazing 1979 - 1980 Vault on Monday night

I was 10 in 1979 and for 2.5 hours I was transported straight back there. That was one brilliant episode of the Rage Vault.

Thank You Rage. You can play a Nick Cave special if this is the compensation.

KIM CARNES What Am I Gonna Do
NIGHT Hot Summer Nights
POINTER SISTERS All Your Love
HEART Straight On
DARLING Lookin' Kinda Rock 'n' Rolled
BLONDE ON BLONDE Whole Lotta Love
RITA COOLIDGE One Fine Day
SHEILA B. DEVOTION Seven Lonely Days
KELLY MARIE Make Love To Me
GRAHAM GOULDMAN Sunburn
BOOMTOWN RATS, THE Rat Trap
JOAN ARMATRADING Bottom To The Top
SINCEROS, THE Take Me To Your Leader
TARNEY / SPENCER BAND, THE No Time To Lose
JOHN STEWART Midnight Wind
EXILE You Thrill Me
SANTANA You Know That I Love You
ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA The Diary Of A Horace Wimp
CLIFF RICHARD We Don't Talk Anymore
ROBERT JOHN Sad Eyes
DOOBIE BROTHERS, THE Minute By Minute
HOT CHOCOLATE I'll Put You Together Again
DEAN FRIEDMAN Lucky Stars
WINDSOR DAVIES AND DON ESTELLE Cool Water
ADRIAN MUNSEY The Lost Sheep
IAN DURY and THE BLOCKHEADS Reasons To Be Cheerful
QUANTUM JUMP The Lone Ranger
PATRICK HERNANDEZ Born To Be Alive
FLEETWOOD MAC Tusk
VOYAGER Halfway Hotel
CARS, THE My Best Friend's Girl
KISS Sure Know Something
QUEEN Flash
BABYS, THE Everytime I Think Of You
KORGIS, THE Everybody's Got To Learn Sometime
BOOMTOWN RATS, THE I Don't Like Mondays
JULIE COVINGTON (I Want To See The) Bright Lights
MOTELS, THE Whose Problem?
MARTHA and THE MUFFINS Echo Beach
KATE BUSH Breathing
JUDIE TZUKE Stay WIth Me Till Dawn

Re: Amazing 1979 - 1980 Vault on Monday night

Hi Armin

There are some seriously rare clips amongst that lot. Was Kelly Marie a promo or TV performance, that is one I have never seen a clip for other than the European TV performances on-line. John Stewart - never seen before, nor Exile. Robert John, Doobies and Dean Friedman as well. I think Julie Covington was shown previously, but another long-forgotten track too.

There have been a few nights this year with rare clips, I think there was some from 1978 a while back too. And the odd other thing here & there.

I certainly hope all this was recorded, as I still dont have any recording facilities since moving to the country 4 years ago.

Cheers

Regards

Brett

Kelly Marie was a promo I think but could have been a studio clip. They were mostly promos although a couple were from TV shows. Motels and Judie Tzuke were Countdown performances.

I did record the entire show and decided to keep the lot so put it across two DVDs....I'm not into clouds, HDs and whatever other digital storage systems there are.

There was another 70s Vault in about August when they did the Captain + Tenille tribute.

Thanks Armin

I missed catching up with you last Summer, but we certainly will this time round. Will contact you soon. Cheers Regards Brett

I edited my recording of this VAULT on Friday (28 June). I had not read the playlist since recording it in the first place and I had not watched it previously. At the moment, I am in a music mood so I'm playing every song as it pops up before saving it. In other words, I set my start point, play the song then set my end point.

Anyway, as you can see from the playlist, I eventually got to this song:

ADRIAN MUNSEY The Lost Sheep

Now I'll bet everyone here had the same reaction of "What the f**k is this?"
I had a different reaction: "Oh! I have this on a DVD!"

Yes, you read that right.

I got a DVD from the UK called "Oh, Please Yourself: Frankie Howerd At ITV" from Network. The special features are both of Frankie's appearances on the London Weekend Television talk show hosted by Russell Harty. The DVD includes the full shows in both cases, not just the Frankie Howerd interviews.

The second one, from 14 April 1979, features Charlton Heston as his first guest, a performance by bleater Adrian Munsey and then the interview (and a song) from Frankie Howerd. They played the performance of "The Lost Sheep" which is from this episode. But the DVD uses the LWT master tape so it is in much better condition than what the ABC played - plus Russell interviews the guy after the "song" to ask what made him choose that direction.

It's all in good fun, but, seriously, what were they thinking including that?
Anyway, here is the entire episode of the Russell Harty show if you's want it
MP4 - 720x560 - 50min - 481MB
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PjB-5-qAHAgTzARA2vI5VQVKOI5g-JgS/view?usp=sharing

OK, it's been 18 months. I've had to clear space on my Google Drive account, so I've deleted that Russell Harty video. I've put the sheep segment on YouTube, but if anybody likes talk shows and wants the whole thing, contact me and I'll arrange something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yzJ_LiT3SM