Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Tribute to Martin Armiger, Stuart Fraser and Andrew 'Greedy' Smith

Martin Armiger I remember as being associated with the Sweet & Sour TV series in 1984. They could show the Countdown from August 19 1984 (which has not been shown on Rage) which was a Sweet & Sour/Takeaways based episode hosted by David Reyne.

Greedy was one of the nice guys of the 80s Australian music scene and his character never changed. It was good that Rage played a 3 hour tribute for him on Friday night. Greedy and The Mentals often hosted Countdown and the following episodes have never been shown on Rage before which could be a tribute in Retro Month.
August 15 1982
December 19 1982
June 26 1983
September 29 1985
June 21 1987

I think I recall Noiseworks being on Beatbox or The Factory but am not sure. The first time I saw the clip for No Lies on Countdown (October 19 1986) I remember the song being one that just stood out for a band I hadn't heard of at the time - great song, great clip and ultimately a great album.

Three more individuals who shaped my life in the 80's gone.

Tribute to Stuart Fraser is on rage this Sunday night.

oh yeah, and Marie (Roxette, get your tickets in....) is on tonight.

It was good that they threw in the Countdown Revolution clips for Roxette and Noiseworks.

Michael
oh yeah, and Marie (Roxette, get your tickets in....) is on tonight.
seems my post was a little premature after seeing the disappointing Roxette playlist.