Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: RAGE: Saturday Night Upcoming Guest Programmer

Armin
Really looking forward to this.

Mi-Sex clips were always harder to find as they didn\'t release any Best Of video.

Fantastic that they have the video for People. I have seen a version that looks like a concert so I am not sure if that is the actual clip or they made an actual promo.

Apart from the actual video of But You Don\'t Care, there were two different versions live on Countdown - Molly invited them back after it hadn\'t done much on the charts - but they will only air one live performance. Maybe they didn\'t know that there was a second version and actual video clip at Rage as they could have played one Saturday morning and the others at night.

I think they played 5 O\'Clock a few years back on Rage but am not sure. If not then that is a rare clip.

I guess there are no videos for Space Race, Castaway, Missing Person and It Only Hurts When I\'m Laughing which is unfortunate. I loved Space Race when it came out.

This is as close to the complete works as we will ever see I guess.

I do have their Live Concert from Nightmoves (Ch7 circa 1982) which has the following performances:
It Only Hurts When I\'m Laughing
Pages And Matches
Living In September
Still
I Don\'t Know
Ghosts
Burning Up
Castaway
Hi Armin,

I found this copy of a clip for Castaway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-hzA_Q9Mk8

cheers,

kiersey

I expect that some of the Countdown eps that the Mi-Sex clips were taken from will be shown in their entirety this January

Upcoming Guest Programmer

11:33 pm - 05:00 am | Saturday 12th October

Boy And Bear

Sydney rock-folk act Boy & Bear showcase the music videos that inspired their soothing sound.

kiersey
Armin
Really looking forward to this.

Mi-Sex clips were always harder to find as they didn\\\'t release any Best Of video.

Fantastic that they have the video for People. I have seen a version that looks like a concert so I am not sure if that is the actual clip or they made an actual promo.

Apart from the actual video of But You Don\\\'t Care, there were two different versions live on Countdown - Molly invited them back after it hadn\\\'t done much on the charts - but they will only air one live performance. Maybe they didn\\\'t know that there was a second version and actual video clip at Rage as they could have played one Saturday morning and the others at night.

I think they played 5 O\\\'Clock a few years back on Rage but am not sure. If not then that is a rare clip.

I guess there are no videos for Space Race, Castaway, Missing Person and It Only Hurts When I\\\'m Laughing which is unfortunate. I loved Space Race when it came out.

This is as close to the complete works as we will ever see I guess.

I do have their Live Concert from Nightmoves (Ch7 circa 1982) which has the following performances:
It Only Hurts When I\\\'m Laughing
Pages And Matches
Living In September
Still
I Don\\\'t Know
Ghosts
Burning Up
Castaway
Hi Armin,

I found this copy of a clip for Castaway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-hzA_Q9Mk8

cheers,

kiersey
Thanks Kiersey

Upcoming RAGE Guest Programmer

11:38 pm - 05:00 am | Saturday 19th October

SCREAMING FEMALES

New Jersey rock act Screaming Females bring their DIY punk philosophy to the Rage couch.

The promo music video of People have got a mixture of live concert performance and the studio appearances of three of the band members includes lead singer Steve Gilpin doing spoken vocals with special effects technology, how cool is that?

Change of Programmer

11:38 pm - 05:00 am | Saturday 19th October

RIDE

Riding ethereal distorted soundwaves all the way to the Rage couch is seminal British shoegaze band, Ride.

11:38 pm - 05:00 am | Saturday 26th October

DEVIN TOWNSEND

Strap in as Canada's extreme metal legend takes you through what influenced his solo work and that of Strapping Young Lad.

11:32 pm - 05:00 am | Saturday 9th November

RICHARD LOWENSTEIN

Australian filmmaker Richard Lowenstein talks Michael Hutchence, U2, and more in this special episode of Rage.

11:29 pm - 05:00 am | Saturday 16th November

PAUL KELLY

Esteemed Australian singer-songwriter Paul Kelly hosts Rage from his Melbourne home.

12:16 am - 05:00 am | SUNDAY 24th October

JESSICA MAUBOY

Singer-songwriter Jessica Mauboy guest programs Rage.

12:05 pm - 05:00 am | Sunday 1st December

THE MURLOCS

Sharing members of King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard are Australian psychedelic band The Murlocs.