Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Countdown Information Errors on Rage

I was enjoying watching some 1979 Countdown shows recently, and I noticed the following ...

Screen-Shot-2019-03-25-at-3-48-24-PM

Now, this is definitely a 1979 episode, with Roger Voudouris hosting the show, along with guests, The Knack. The day/month is correct, but someone messed up the caption's year. It got me thinking, how many other errors have people seen?

Re: Countdown Information Errors on Rage

I don't recall the text saying 1977 for this episode. Will have to check it out again. Way back in Jan '93 when Countdown repeats started on rage, they only used the month and year. They played a 'May 1985' episode, which was actually an April episode. Recently, when they did the Michael Shrimpton special back in Sept 17 and played a handful of 70s episodes they got half the episodes wrong ie they got them jumbled up amongst the ones they played.

Soz, other way around - 'April 85' when it was actually '5 May 1985'.

I also recall there have been a few dates incorrect over the years, but would have to go through them all to find them. For archiving purposes I have always used the link from this website with the Countdown archives, I would say most of that information is correct and a much more reliable source.

This may not technically be a mistake, as it could be the re-aired episode that was replayed the following Saturday. But this Countdown originally aired on Sunday 17th June, 1984. But on Rage it was dated 23rd June, 1984 (which was a Saturday).

Screen-Shot-2019-04-10-at-6-50-36-AM

Screen-Shot-2019-04-10-at-6-52-08-AM

Thanks Matt. I'll keep posting them as I find them too.