Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Countdown 70s line up this Saturday night - 24th September, 2016

Michael
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the 1 March '75 episode hosted by John Farnham had some serious tape damage during Daryl Braithwaite's 'You're My World'. Is that new or was it the same when they aired this episode in the 90's? Anyone know, or do I have to pull out my VHS recording to compare. I seriously hope the master tape hasn't deteriorated over 20 years.
Noticed this last night when I watched the special for the first time. Will dig out my old copy and see if there's damage to the Daryl Braithwaite clip on that one as well.

Jason, Love your insight and dedication to Countdown. Long time collector. Upset to learn about this Saturday night special as I only caught wind of it later. Managed to digitally tape the repeats on ABC and ABCMe through the week but missed out on Mar 1, 1975, Jul 3 1977 and Jan23, 1977. Is there any way I can get hold of them ? I'm in the process of digitising my entire collection so happy to share with you. Cheers. Anthony.

The 1st March 1975 is also a home recording folks - which is why tape damage is evident in places including Daryl Braithwaite. It was an extremely good quality U-Matic which has been cleaned up considerably since its first repeat on Rage around 93/94. Those of us who recall seeing it back then would remember what poor quality it was back then. No Master tape exists as such other than the digital remaster of the U-Matic dub.

Brett (2)
The 1st March 1975 is also a home recording folks - which is why tape damage is evident in places including Daryl Braithwaite. It was an extremely good quality U-Matic which has been cleaned up considerably since its first repeat on Rage around 93/94. Those of us who recall seeing it back then would remember what poor quality it was back then. No Master tape exists as such other than the digital remaster of the U-Matic dub.
Never knew the March 1 1975 episode was a home recording or that home video recorders were even around in 1975. In light of that it's now in pretty good shape with the exception of a small section of the DB clip.