Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Countdown Memories Forum

I understand Jason’s decision to close the forum as I have checked it now and again throughout the year though there isn’t much activity by forum users including myself so I get why he decided to take this action. I am more than happy to support any other forum related to the retro period. Gee why stop at music, so much Aussie tv drama and variety series of that era that is all now too but forgotten. 🤔

Is this a good idea?

Bravenet t&c's say "Bravenet further reserves the right to terminate any user's account if there is no evident activity for a period of 90 days.". Isn't there a possibility that they might delete all the content here if there are no posts until December?

:sob: :-1:

stoob
Is this a good idea?

Bravenet t&c's say "Bravenet further reserves the right to terminate any user's account if there is no evident activity for a period of 90 days.". Isn't there a possibility that they might delete all the content here if there are no posts until December?
It looks like this Forum will stay open as I will lose all content after 90 days.

I am going overseas this year and thought l could save some money seeing Countdown is not on during the year.

Anyhow, guess it will stay open.

Jason ‘The Moderator’
stoob
Is this a good idea?

Bravenet t&c\'s say \"Bravenet further reserves the right to terminate any user\'s account if there is no evident activity for a period of 90 days.\". Isn\'t there a possibility that they might delete all the content here if there are no posts until December?
It looks like this Forum will stay open as I will lose all content after 90 days.

I am going overseas this year and thought l could save some money seeing Countdown is not on during the year.

If money is the issue, maybe you should post (maybe not publicly) an account where people can make a donation, if they wish.

I've opened a section of my forum as a substitute, but it would be a shame to lose all of the content here.

How much do you pay a month for this forum, may I ask? (I think I have before, but I forget).

I pay US$30 (about $A40-45 a month) for my forum, and it has much better forum software than here - but that's for up to an average of 40 users online at any time across the month (if the average no. of visitors is higher, the bill goes up).

ohnoitisnathan
Jason ‘The Moderator’
stoob
Is this a good idea?

Bravenet t&c\\\'s say \\\"Bravenet further reserves the right to terminate any user\\\'s account if there is no evident activity for a period of 90 days.\\\". Isn\\\'t there a possibility that they might delete all the content here if there are no posts until December?

If money is the issue, maybe you should post (maybe not publicly) an account where people can make a donation, if they wish.

I've opened a section of my forum as a substitute, but it would be a shame to lose all of the content here.

How much do you pay a month for this forum, may I ask? (I think I have before, but I forget).

I pay US$30 (about $A40-45 a month) for my forum, and it has much better forum software than here - but that's for up to an average of 40 users online at any time across the month (if the average no. of visitors is higher, the bill goes up).

At Nathan,

Mine has better software than mine? I really don’t care if yours has better software or not, l am retro and not care about such modern things.... My website was around long before the forum and l put a hell of a lot of work into my website. It hasn’t stopped you from posting for the last year so obviously this forum has been useable enough for you, whether you want to use this forum or not is really your decision if the software isn’t good enoug then off you go. I am keeping my forum open so l don’t lose posts and money is not a big issue as l pay $30.00 every three months but the forum isn’t majorly active when Countdown isn’t on.

That I always gripe is news to me.

I wasn't boasting about my forum having better software - it's just easier to use and has features like personal messaging and doesn't require e.g. captchas if you make more than a certain no. of posts in a period of time like here does. While this forum is usable, it's very early 2000s in its functionality. That's not a personal criticism of you.

Anyway, what I was leading to by making that point is... if your forum was costing a similar amount per month as mine, you're getting ripped off, because it could be on newer software. I was going to suggest, if that was the case, that you look for another, similar hosting site.

Jason ‘The Moderator’
At Nathan,

Mine has better software than mine? I really don’t care if yours has better software or not, l am retro and not care about such modern things.... My website was around long before the forum and l put a hell of a lot of work into my website. It hasn’t stopped you from posting for the last year so obviously this forum has been useable enough for you, whether you want to use this forum or not is really your decision if the software isn’t good enoug then off you go. I am keeping my forum open so l don’t lose posts and money is not a big issue as l pay $30.00 every three months but the forum isn’t majorly active when Countdown isn’t on.
I never said anything about leaving; you said the forum was closing in February and would not re-open until December.

You may not post much in the in-between months, but the vault playlists thread, for example, is active throughout the year, and some who don't post still read it every week as they don't 'do' facebook.

While you may want Countdown and Countdown-only discussion, the forum has never been only about that.

Furthermore, you've had to delete posts from this forum several times, when it has run over the limit of posts. That has never happened on any other forum I have been on. Again, this is not a personal criticism of you.