Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: rage goes retro 4 already mentioned on the rage facebook page and not good :-(

ohnoitisnathan
Gary
Perhaps it would be a good idea if Rage started a retro month for fans of Recovery/ 90\'s alternative pop?
They had a Saturday night Recovery special in 2016 and 2017, plus I think a separate special (hosted by Dylan Whatshisname and Jane Gazzo) in 2016 to mark the 20th anniversary of the show. They can do that again if need be, outside of January.

A whole month of Recovery would be insufferable. Let's not raise the suggestion.
Was thinking of another month to keep January Recovery/10.30 slot free

Re: rage goes retro 4 already mentioned on the rage facebook page and not good :-(

:angry: Boooo!!

Things shouldn't be played just because they are old and they exist. Countdown is loved because it was great. Recovery was a pile of garbage even at the time, so why revisit it now.
Hopefully there's plenty of backlash and Rage avoid the same mistake in future retro months.

[and I say all that as a lover of 90's - particularly the first half of the decade - music]

Brett (2)
So only three weeks this year. Thats not a great finish. I would not watch an episode of Recovery or 10:30 slop under any circumstances.

Back to hibernaton after tonight is over, see you all next January.

Cheers.
Same Brett, see you next January. Life ends after Countdown does till next January.

Yeah, as expected, Week 4 seems like it will be saturated with 90s rubbish. Let's hope they squeeze in a Countdown episode, or more! I found myself just fast forwarding through The Factory, as it was complete crud. And to think, Rage could play two Countdown episodes in those 2 hours. Such a shame!

RetroTragic
Yeah, as expected, Week 4 seems like it will be saturated with 90s rubbish. Let's hope they squeeze in a Countdown episode, or more! I found myself just fast forwarding through The Factory, as it was complete crud. And to think, Rage could play two Countdown episodes in those 2 hours. Such a shame!
Ughhh, absolutely. The Factory was beyond boooooring. COuld have been two COuntdown's with studio performances or Rock Arena

Gary
If retro week 4 is a write off I'm going to watch the Michael Shrimpton special from 2016! 70's heaven!
Yes that Michael Shrimpton special was really good....pity I missed the beginning..:white_frowning_face:
hopefully they will repeat it again sometime
:heart_eyes:
I had a tour of the gordon street abc studios and went through the old countdown studio 31....sat in the green room and the dressing rooms where many guests sat...very nostalgic..visualised being there in the 70s...got some great shots ...wish I had been there in the day

Mohntana
Gary
If retro week 4 is a write off I\'m going to watch the Michael Shrimpton special from 2016! 70\'s heaven!
Yes that Michael Shrimpton special was really good....pity I missed the beginning..:white_frowning_face:
hopefully they will repeat it again sometime
:heart_eyes:
I had a tour of the gordon street abc studios and went through the old countdown studio 31....sat in the green room and the dressing rooms where many guests sat...very nostalgic..visualised being there in the 70s...got some great shots ...wish I had been there in the day
Recorded the Shrimpton special but haven't watched it yet - tonight will be the perfect time to watch it. Will not be watching Recovery!

Tonight is very disappointing. That does it time to go out now. I will set the record for the Suze DeMarchi performance though am happy to forget the rest of tonight. Very disappointing Rage for the final Rage Retro Month Saturday. Only saving grace is we all get a 1982 Countdown and Beatbox show on Tuesday which I gather will air Wednesday morning January 30.

rage posted on facebook this morning:

'Good morning retro-Ragers! Tune in soon at 10:14am for some 1990s and 2000s goodies - and if you're free later tonight we'll be showing full eps of Recovery and the 10:30 slot from 12:33am on ABC + iview. (picture of Jane Gazzo)

my reply:

'I watched this all back in the day - sorry, the type of music I'll prefer to forget about. Bring on some real retro from 1980-88'

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: