Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Every Monday night Vault special &New Music Friday

Metal may be my most disliked genre - that or opera:thinking_face:

Re: Every Monday night (Tuesday morning) on ABC1 now a Vault special

rage wrote back to me about my requests which I posted here last week but I didn't email them about the watermark.

I don't think me emailing them is going to really do much when it comes to the abc logo going into the picture section of Countdown episodes. I only hope that the logo at least stays out of the the picture as the two episodes last weekend was getting quite ridiculous when the logo kept moving in, I'm surprised the logo won't end up in the middle of the screen at this rate :-(

I am very grateful rage even emailed me and took note of some of my requests so there isn't much any of us can do about the logo not staying to the very right unfortunately ...

I guess they picked the genre that is the most polar opposite to the retro we are getting with Countdown! Did Countdown ever play a metal song? I don’t recall they ever did.

There was some Judas Priest the other week, but no, not much.

Haha, yeah, funny timing. I'm just in the process of editing that 1980 episode of Countdown that had the

… along with a description of what Heavy Metal is, so it's fair to say that they didn't play much of it!
Adorable stuff really.

I'm no fan either although I do have a little bit of Rammstein and System of a Down in my collection.
I like the "polar opposite of Countdown" theory. Sounds about right. And as long as we keep getting Countdowns I'm more than happy to keep skipping crappy Mondays.

Did they ever show any Iron Maiden videos?

Here is an Iron Maiden snippet from Countdown in 1982 ...