Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: rage goes retro '2' - FULL 'COUNTDOWN' ARCHIVE DETAILS ON EACH EPISODE - Saturday 12th Janua

That's okay with me as I like the '86 episodes! Still hundreds? of Rock Arena's to air so plenty of options to mix things up. Then start over again. Those of us who are missing episodes could start requesting episodes to complete their collection.

Oh and loved the Bop Girl video with Molly:smile:

Re: rage goes retro '2' - FULL 'COUNTDOWN' ARCHIVE DETAILS ON EACH EPISODE - Saturday 12th Jan,

ohnoitisnathan
Thanks, Jason.

See, no GTK yet :laughing:
I looked at the Sunday morning programming and rage are playing the very exact retro videos which I posted below as they are on Saturday morning, this could have been another Countdown or Rock Arena or even GTK. Interesting thatrage are keeping the retro them going up until 6:00 am on Sunday morning.

5:00am
THE BOOMTOWN RATS I Don't Like Mondays (Sony)
BOOMTOWN RATS Banana Republic (Polydor)
BOB GELDOF The Great Song Of Indifference (Polydor)
REAL LIFE Send Me An Angel (BMG)
REAL LIFE God Tonight (BMG)
JOHN FARNHAM Pressure Down (Sony)
EURYTHMICS Here Comes The Rain Again (BMG)
EURYTHMICS There Must Be An Angel (Playing With My Heart) (BMG)
5:30am
EURYTHMICS Sweet Dreams (Universal (MCA))
LITTLE RIVER BAND Help Is On Its Way (EMI)
SPLIT ENZ I See Red (Fest/Mush)
SPLIT ENZ Late Last Night (Festival)
SPLIT ENZ Stranger Than Fiction (March 24th, 1975) ()

Re: rage goes retro '2' - FULL 'COUNTDOWN' ARCHIVE DETAILS ON EACH EPISODE - Saturday 12th Janua

ohnoitisnathan
Thanks, Jason.

See, no GTK yet :laughing:
There is some GTK after Countdown but no full show.

CREEDENCE CLEARWATER REVIVAL on GTK Interview by Jeune Pritchard and live performances, Sydney (ABC)
CREEDENCE CLEARWATER REVIVAL Looking Out My Back Door (Festival)
4:30am
DADDY COOL Interview From GTK (Festival)
DADDY COOL Flip - live on GTK (Independent)
DADDY COOL Come Back Again (Live at Ridgetop Pop Festival, 1974) ()
DADDY COOL Lollipop (Live on Eyeforce, 1971) ()

Credence Clearwater Revival always seem to get a look in during Retro Month, go figure ...

Eleven Countdown episodes in 2 weeks of Retro Month ... I'm happy! Very happy! I just hope the Countdowns keep coming in the second half of the month.

RetroTragic
Eleven Countdown episodes in 2 weeks of Retro Month ... I'm happy! Very happy! I just hope the Countdowns keep coming in the second half of the month.
I think on rage goes retro 3 there will be a vast amount of GTK and probably only 2 or =3 Countdown's or even worse Recovery. I would love a few Rock Arena's on weekend 3.

On rage goes retro 4, rage usually play a vast amount of Countdown episodes so hopefully that will be the case again this year.

I hope after this weekend rage play more episodes with Studio Performances as the 1985 and 1986 episodes this weekend are very video clip orientated. Looking forward to Corey Hart with the interview and of course Real Life with Face To Face, which should have been a massive hit!

Jason "The Moderator"
Credence Clearwater Revival always seem to get a look in during Retro Month, go figure ...
As does 'Six Month In a Leaky Boat'. It is being aired again on Saturday morning. I remember joking about it getting aired every retro month in about 2012, and it's on yet again.

No Rock Arenas for me so far :worried: ... 2 weeks to go

Clip Magnet
I don't think there were any Rock Arena's last year as well. I miss Suzanne :slightly_frowning_face: I might request a few for Retro 2020.

There were two Rock Arena shows played on the 2018 final Saturday/Sunday morning of Rage Retro Month January 27. Shows from June 1983 with The Angels and later a 1985 show from April. Only two from memory in that final weekend. I too would like to see some more Rock Arena shows though not bothered if there are not any played this year as Countdown is my first preference to see again first.

The '83 episode was ordinary although kind of liked the "Eat City" clip

I certainly hope, that after all the Countdowns have been played on Rage (whenever that may be), the ABC replay episodes, especially the ones aired in the 1990's when we either didn't know about it, or we recorded on VHS with non-digital reception. Just keep playing Countdown for EVER, please Rage. :)

RetroTragic
I certainly hope, that after all the Countdowns have been played on Rage (whenever that may be), the ABC replay episodes, especially the ones aired in the 1990's when we either didn't know about it, or we recorded on VHS with non-digital reception. Just keep playing Countdown for EVER, please Rage. :)
Yes forever just to annoy the recovery crowd :smile: I remember the early days of recording off analogue and often the reception was average at best. But thanks to some savvy trading I have a lot of those early episodes in digital. Still there are some gaps that need filling. Countdown / Rock Arena forever!

Gary
Clip Magnet
I don't think there were any Rock Arena's last year as well. I miss Suzanne :slightly_frowning_face: I might request a few for Retro 2020.
There were two Rock Arena's last year. One amazzzing one from 1985 with Kam Sha, FLoy Joy, Aztec Camera e.t.c...