Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Countdown - Digital File Sharing

You can upload any file type to wetransfer.com. I upload mainly .vob files, which are just DVD files.

Luuuc massive thanks for uploading those episodes. Is there any chance you could please reupload some, specifically the 24.07.83 episode. I'd waited ages for that one only for the recorder to pack it in.

Luuuc
Countdown episodes from 2014 Rage Retro Month. This is the last batch I have to share:

Countdown 77-12-24
Countdown 80-04-20
Countdown 80-08-10
Countdown 81-03-15
Countdown 82-03-21
Countdown 83-07-03
Countdown 84-04-22
Countdown 84-08-05
Countdown 85-07-14 - Missed the last 30 minutes :(
Countdown 84-12-16
Countdown 85-07-14 - Missed the first 20 minutes :(
Countdown 87-05-31

Download Link: http://www.filefactory.com/folder/1b5bb3e76b253fc5
> Countdown 85-07-14 - Missed the last 30 minutes

I've got that one. I've put it here if you want to grab a copy..

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5u7qu6hzij0v0f1/AAAi0OZQSci7pD5cgD8kBVyRa?dl=0

Thanks very much Chad!!

Again ... people can collect as they wish but l like to collect DVD recordings and a back up on my WD box which is a hardrive box and l have two hardrives with the exact same content but l only get that backed up now and again as a friend does them for me, nearly most of my Countdown collection is on there. Once my hardrive deleted everything and since both have been backed up, lucky l had all my dvd’s just in case as a back up.

I guess l put up with the room that dvds take but l have great tubs they go into. I like backing up on hardrive as well so l have a few forms of media l can have my collections in, especially Countdown episodes.

I would hope if l needed something this January that someone would do a disc for me and post me it if any technical issues come along, l always offer money for people’s services.

Btw Nathan, sometimes a few years older does mean younger people have much more skill with technical things, you are very clever when it comes to recording in 16.9 and putting the ratio back into 4.3 mode with rage clips as you told me, so you are very computer savvy.
I
I am 44 soon, anyhow.... if my house burnt down l would grab my WD box harddrives and all my dvds and vinyl and cds and l would most likely die in the fire, haha.

If anyone here needs any Countdown episodes etc l am always willing to send you a DVD disc and then you can transfer to hardrive, USB or whatever you wish 🙂

Luuuc
Thanks very much Chad!!
That's no problem :)
Would it be ok if I can grab 80-08-10 from you? I am converting all of mine to MP4 at the moment and just saw that one has signal issues (might have been a storm that night). Thanks.

As an interim measure I will use FileFactory again to share what I have, using these links:
1977-1981 Episodes
1982-1984 Episodes
1985-1987 Episodes

At the moment only the first folder is populated. The second one has only the episode that Mike asked for. After next weekend I will have more time and will start adding more.

Awesome. Thank you. I have also been putting in files into the folder I shared before so you are welcome to any of those files also.

if anybody is recording the 2019 countdown eps in 4:3 please get in touch. cheers.

Hi Jason, I have gone through my Countdown episodes collection and seem to be missing quite a few episodes, I don't know what has happened to them. Was just wondering if you or anyone else could possibly make a copy of the following episodes on DVD disc for me please, I will cover the expenses, costs etc. It would be much appreciated. The episodes I am missing are:

January 23rd, 1977 (Top 100 for 1976 16-1) (I also missed recording this episode on the Michael Shrimpton tribute a couple of years ago.)

April 30th, 1978 (Saturday Night Fever Dance Competition)

April 8th, 1979 (Bob Welch)

May 6th, 1979 (Smokie)

October 28th, 1979 (Steve Gilpin from Mi-Sex)

November 16th, 1980 (Annie Lennox from the Tourists)

June 13th, 1982 (Toni Basil)

July 4th, 1982 (Bucks Fizz)

November 14th, 1982 (Daryl Hall and John Oates)

February 27th, 1983 (James Reyne)

March 31st, 1985 (Greedy Smith from Mental As Anything)

May 18th, 1986 (The Sweet)

I know there are quite a few episodes there, but I would be so grateful if yourself or somebody else could make a copy of these episodes for me so I can complete my collection. Thankyou.

Luuuc thanks again for uploading all the episodes. I gave up ever getting that July 83 episode. You've made my year. Mega thanks.

Chad thanks for all your effort uploading too. Much appreciated.

Luuuc
As an interim measure I will use FileFactory again to share what I have, using these links:
1977-1981 Episodes
1982-1984 Episodes
1985-1987 Episodes

At the moment only the first folder is populated. The second one has only the episode that Mike asked for. After next weekend I will have more time and will start adding more.
Just a heads-up that I have now finished populating those links for anyone that wants a look.

And a thanks once again to Chad for your link. I've been pillaging it hard! :)

Luuuc
Luuuc
1977-1981 Episodes
1982-1984 Episodes
1985-1987 Episodes

Just a heads-up that I have now finished populating those links for anyone that wants a look.

And a thanks once again to Chad for your link. I've been pillaging it hard! :)
Hi Luuuc,

A huge thankyou for all your help and kindness in uploading all your countdowns, especially in HD. I somehow missed 9/5/1982 Countdown, so another huge thanks for this one! :)

Luuuc
Luuuc
1977-1981 Episodes
1982-1984 Episodes
1985-1987 Episodes

And a thanks once again to Chad for your link. I\'ve been pillaging it hard! :)
Hey.. That's no problem at all. I've been doing the same to yours to make sure I've got any missing ones. I've also still got a stack to put into my dropbox so keep an eye on that :)

GAAAAHH !! My digital recording app on my PC didn't trigger and I missed capturing the 3 Countdown episodes from last night ( Week 3 ).

If anyone has digital copies for upload on public or personal drives, I'd be more than happy to share whatever I have in kind.

Cheers

criscles

criscles, if you check my links above you will find copies there (Countdown 84-05-13, 85-02-10, and 85-06-23)

Luuuc, thankyou so much !

Hi All,

I have the following 1979 episodes available for download:

1979-06-17 - Eric Oldfield (incomplete 38:31)
1979-07-08 - Glenn Shorrock
1979-07-22 - Shirley Strachan
1979-07-29 - Roger Voudouris
1979-08-19 - Shirley Strachan
1979-10-07 - Steve Gilpin (incomplete 49:23)
1979-10-28 - Russell Hitchcock
1979-11-04 - Molly
1979-11-25 - Marc Hunter
1979-12-02 - Elton John
1979-12-16 - End Of The Decade Special

PM me for a Link as it is hosted privately.

Cheers :slightly_smiling_face:

criscles

Also looking for Tuesdays February 1982 Countdown if anyone managed to capture that one!! I would be appreciative of a copy.

Cheers

Regards

Brett

Brett (2)
Also looking for Tuesdays February 1982 Countdown if anyone managed to capture that one!! I would be appreciative of a copy.

Cheers

Regards

Brett
I was slow to upload this week ... reduced enthusiasm due to there being only one Countdown :(
At least it was a good one. It's now in my 1982-1984 link above.

Thanks Luuuc - cheers!! Yes I understand the lack of enthusiasm

Would anyone be able to share the New Years Eve special from 5 weeks ago? I'd really like to get the footage of AC/DC playing from 1976.

This has been brilliant! So many generous people to thank: Andrew, Luuuc, Chad, and Criscles I’ll be in touch with you too! 1979 was a fab year.

Seriously this has been so awesome. About 4 years ago I had a bad hard drive crash. Lost years worth. I was so devastated I didn’t bother to reconstruct my collection - until now.

Incidentally I think I have Some episodes in MP4 format (ie: consistent with the uploads) which I’m happy to share. I’ll have to do a reconciliation and let you know what they are.

Luuuc
1977-1981 Episodes
1982-1984 Episodes
1985-1987 Episodes
Just a reminder for anyone who wants to download any of the Countdown episodes that aired from 2014-2019 using the links above - these files hosted on FileFactory expire if they haven't been downloaded for 3 months, and that deadline is approaching for some of these files - so get in while you can.

Anyone keen to put these all onto usb for me? email me.

Hi. i'm an avid countdown fan, if you could send me download links, that would be great.

regards

Marcus

Hi Mate, 1985 - 87 episode list is unavailable? any solutions?

cheers.

I recently uploaded the "Classic Countdown" series (that was aired in 2017) for someone, so while it's online and shareable feel free to grab a copy:

Classic Countdown

Thanks to whoever sent me some digital files!

Michael
Thanks to whoever sent me some digital files!
Ditto! That was random but very much appreciated!!

yep that was me,sorry it was random,i'm moving so i had to send the links out asap,otherwise i would of forgotten.anybody who wants countdown/rock arena links and didn't get them,feel free to email me. cheers.

Chad
Luuuc
Countdown episodes from 2014 Rage Retro Month. This is the last batch I have to share:

Countdown 77-12-24
Countdown 80-04-20
Countdown 80-08-10
Countdown 81-03-15
Countdown 82-03-21
Countdown 83-07-03
Countdown 84-04-22
Countdown 84-08-05
Countdown 85-07-14 - Missed the last 30 minutes :(
Countdown 84-12-16
Countdown 85-07-14 - Missed the first 20 minutes :(
Countdown 87-05-31

Download Link: http://www.filefactory.com/folder/1b5bb3e76b253fc5
> Countdown 85-07-14 - Missed the last 30 minutes

I\'ve got that one. I\'ve put it here if you want to grab a copy..

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5u7qu6hzij0v0f1/AAAi0OZQSci7pD5cgD8kBVyRa?dl=0
Thanks Chad for sharing all those episodes. I have almost doubled my collection now. Cheers.

Luuuc
Luuuc
1977-1981 Episodes
1982-1984 Episodes
1985-1987 Episodes
Just a reminder for anyone who wants to download any of the Countdown episodes that aired from 2014-2019 using the links above - these files hosted on FileFactory expire if they haven\\\\\\\'t been downloaded for 3 months, and that deadline is approaching for some of these files - so get in while you can.
Luuuc, Thanks for providing those links. I d/l a few episodes thanks. But there was nothing left in the 1985-87 folder. Any chance of a re upload. thanks, kiersey.

Hi All, I am new to the forum. I have attached a link for my Countdown Episode list. If anyone needs any episode then please let me know. Thanks to everyone who has posted links to episodes. I have increased my collection as a result. Cheers, kiersey.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6235hus9tpiimli/My%20Countdown%20List.docx?dl=0

for those recording the january eps this 2020,i ask you to record them in there original 4:3 Aspect Radio,even if there looked streched on playback you can re-encode the file to 704x528 witch will fix the streched issue,recording in 16:9 you lose to much picture top and bottom and also looks crap on playback.

Hi kiersey,

I would love ...

16/11/1980 - Annie Lennox
14/12/1980 - Tim & Neil Finn

... can you provide a link for those, thanks.

todd.w
for those recording the january eps this 2020,i ask you to record them in there original 4:3 Aspect Radio,even if there looked streched on playback you can re-encode the file to 704x528 witch will fix the streched issue,recording in 16:9 you lose to much picture top and bottom and also looks crap on playback.
Not sure I understand you about that.
The ABC has a habit in recent years of screwing with the aspect ratio in their broadcasts. Typically they either stretch it horizontally to fill up more of the screen, or stretch it both horizontally and vertically (resulting in the top and bottom of the original clips being cut off). When they do broadcast a standard 4:3 frame they also sometimes don't center it properly.
Recording in 4:3 doesn't help solve any of these issues, and in the case of the last problem it only results in further loss of picture.

You are both right to a degree , however the best way to record is via a set top box on the ABC's HD channel on to a USB drive.

You will then have a .ts file (Transport Stream). It will be exactly as it was on the ABC's HD channel......it looks like 4:3 as it has black bars on both sides but it is in fact 16:9 because you are recording what they are transmitting in,which is 16:9 with black bars included.

ABC's HD channel, like all channels on Australia's FTA (free to air) network compress their transmissions to save on bandwidth costs. If you record as described, it will be at a bit rate of about 4000 which is what they transmit HD at.

You can then convert it to MP4 with any number of different softwares. Personally I use Filmora.

Anything you do after that, you are messing with it and its up to you. I personally remove the ABC logo from the black bar on the right hand side.

Anyone who stretches old 4:3 format picture over to 16:9 has got absolute rocks in their head and I have no idea how they can even look at something with the top of peoples heads missing.

Oops, I forgot I also wanted to ask if anyone has the Countdown episode from 1981 (episode number unknown) where The Angels actually play live ? They play "Fashion and Fame" and "Night Attack". If anyone has this episode, please let me know. It aired on VH1 on Foxtel a few years back, but I dont know if the ABC have played it.

I have a very average copy of it here, but obviously am looking for better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vzHw1NEKyM

Re : sharing Countdown episodes, I did have a few suggestions but it was a couple of years ago and I dropped out of discussion here due to the death of a family member.

Putting episodes up on cheap file sharing sites that nuke your files after 7/14 days and only allow you to download at old dial up speeds are pointless. Recording and encoding a Countdown episode from the HD channel without compressing it (and reducing quality) will result in a file of about 2 gb for a 1 hour episode.

People need to put them up on decent quality sites, such as Dropbox, Google Drive and Microsoft Onedrive where people can get them at full speed for it to be worthwhile.

I will be recording all Countdown episodes and anything else interesting this January. I will consider uploading them for those that are perhaps not technically proficient, in all honesty I would rather see my work up and being shared because I know it will be done properly.

Some of you may have seen my channel, I enjoy restoring music videos for my own collection, a few examples :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8Z8G7OmBcU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fF5xo9j4xJk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ik3MGcjZDBE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpXjLWwlEzE

These are encoded at 1920 x 1080 in 16:9 with all audio tracks replaced and re-synched.

countdownforever
Hi kiersey,

I would love ...

... can you provide a link for those, thanks.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d70kxazmxypklhx/Countdown%2080-11-16.mp4?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cyw45tnmhbn9xwx/Countdown%2080-12-14.mp4?dl=0

enjoy my friend and here's hoping we get some new unbroadcast episodes this summer.
Cheers.....

I am editing a few recent year episodes, here is 9 October 1983.
Bitrate 4905 kbps. Original 4:3 encoded in to 16:9 @ 1920 x 1080.
ABC HD logo removed. Size : 1.88 gb

Download from OneDrive
https://1drv.ms/v/s!Ajbk82UjdTNihZYkGASU2A1BFgQJJQ

Thank you kiersey,

You are a champ! I love them, and it is so good to fill the gaps. I really appreciate it, thank you so much. :)

I know these aren't on your list, kiersey. But I thought I'd ask if anyone has these 1980 Countdown episodes which have been on Rage. Please, if anyone has them, it would be most appreciated if a link could be shared. Worth a try ...

01/06/80 - Village People
15/06/80 - Skyhooks
24/08/80 - Xanadu Dance
21/09/80 - James Freud
26/10/80 - The Romantics
30/11/80 - Bette Midler

A BIG thank you, in advance. :smiley:

Andrew, did you ever get all your Countdown episodes onto Google Drive? Or set up a room on your site for uploads? Just wondering.

Hello all! I'll be uploading all the Countdown episodes from overnight to the cloud, and if i get time i'll upload the last few years of Rage Countdown re-runs too. Stay tuned! ps let me know if this is ok to do, dont want to break any rules....

RetroTragic
Andrew, did you ever get all your Countdown episodes onto Google Drive? Or set up a room on your site for uploads? Just wondering.
@ Retrotragic, no I didnt, though I would be happy to setup a private section if people wanted it.
I am also encoding and uploading at the moment. Encoded the first, uploading it now.

COUNTDOWN August 15, 1982 (341: Greedy and Peter from Mental As Anything)
Recorded from ABC HD channel. Note : Its disappointing to see that the ABC has lowered its bit rate yet again on their HD channel. It was something like 3300, previously they have all been around 4500. I encoded at 6000 regardless and removed the ABC logo from the right hand side. It is encoded at 1920 x 1080 as a whole, but the episode looks like traditional 4:3.

Download Here : https://1drv.ms/v/s!Ajbk82UjdTNihspp47iVu9fcLIMq_w?e=Qb5lal
Link expires 31 Jan 2020

COUNTDOWN February 21, 1982 (316: Alex Smith from Moving Pictures)
Download Here : https://1drv.ms/v/s!Ajbk82UjdTNihspylVTQhJEAowTVBw?e=raDyCH
Link expires 31 Jan 2020

I have an issue with COUNTDOWN September 19, 1982 (346: Globos)

My recorder records in 4 gb blocks. In split this episode in to 2 pieces, thats usually no probably as they simply go back together. But for some reason its caused a 2 second freeze when joined. Its still in sync, but I dont really want that freeze there because I am fussy :)

If anyone is recording in a similar way to me and has this for download, I would appreciate it.

Andrew
I have an issue with COUNTDOWN September 19, 1982 (346: Globos)

My recorder records in 4 gb blocks. In split this episode in to 2 pieces, thats usually no probably as they simply go back together. But for some reason its caused a 2 second freeze when joined. Its still in sync, but I dont really want that freeze there because I am fussy :)

If anyone is recording in a similar way to me and has this for download, I would appreciate it.
I'm happy to give you my whole .TS file if you have somewhere I can upload it. It is 8,932,370,680 bytes in size.

Cheers for sharing this Andrew.

My USB drive was full when i went to record the shows last night, so I missed half of the John Cougar clip when swapping to another drive.

Thanks Robelinda that would be awesome if you could upload them!

I missed the 'December 19, 1982' episode so would love to get a copy of that one.

:)

No worries Stephen, happy to help.

COUNTDOWN April 11, 1982 (323: Ross and Jo from Starstruck)

Download Link below :
https://1drv.ms/v/s!Ajbk82UjdTNihsp348QRiLzn6olWdQ?e=3GID52

Will get back to it tomorrow, had to go out this arvo so didn't have time to do the rest. Might take you up on that offer Luuuc if no one has anything in similar quality. So its a 9 gb .ts file ? Do you have any software to just cut the particular episode ?

Cheers

1 2 3 4 5