Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: rage goes retro '1' - FULL 'COUNTDOWN' ARCHIVE DETAILS ON EACH EPISODE - Saturday 5th Januar

Same here, I would rather it was not there at all. I’m sure there are others who feel the same. Maybe we should all petition the ABC to remove it. Never know if enough people complain to have it removed they might just consider it. Every channel seems to have a watermark on them now. Programming for other shows during a show or movie on commercial tv well don’t even get me started about how annoying that is.

Re: rage goes retro '1' - FULL 'COUNTDOWN' ARCHIVE DETAILS ON EACH EPISODE - Saturday 5th Januar

We had a blackout last night, and the electricity didn't come back until 3.30am. I got the last episode, but missed out on the first 5 episodes.

Can someone please help me out? Thank you.

My power went off for a few seconds during the Vapors interview in the last episode, but I can live without that.

RetroTragic
We had a blackout last night, and the electricity didn't come back until 3.30am. I got the last episode, but missed out on the first 5 episodes.

Can someone please help me out? Thank you.
Hey.. They should appear in this folder over the next hour.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5u7qu6hzij0v0f1/AAAi0OZQSci7pD5cgD8kBVyRa?dl=0

Thanks Chad, you are a champion! So appreciated.

The clip of She's A Mod was so out of place with the rest of the show. I was amused.

I was curious to see "Motions" by Craze that Jason was so keen to get. Never seen/heard it before.

Unfortunately I can tell that the Countdown copy of the clip is a film transfer - the original clip was recorded on videotape. As a result the fidelity is pretty bad - the colours are shifted, it's very blurry, and there are dust mark/scratches on the film transfer.

You can tell by comparing it to this copy on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcKcxJ6OJEI

Although that copy isn't great either (from a VHS tape with a few dropouts) the clarity and dynamic range are much better.

Unfortunately there was a period from about 1978 to 1982 where copies of clips sent to Australia were often film transfers, even if the original was shot on videotape, because videotape was so expensive and making film copies was much cheaper. They basically would show the videotape on a CRT and film the screen! This transfer method also resulted in loss of the picture edges. It was so lo-tech.

rage still has in their archives lots of clips which were recorded on videotape but rage only has poor quality film transfers. I should send them upgraded copies I have of many of these clips and see if they upgrade their archive.

Lucky I had no black outs on my signal, everything was played all fine with no black outs and no pixelation but that d a m n watermark going into the picture and on others so close to the left edge is utterly annoying. I think rage will continue like this with every episode from now on, it is just s h I t ....

As far as Craze with Motions, it was a pity that it was cut and the quality was not great. going to have to try and get the video somehow, someday.

Hey Jason, if you want to earn a few bucks for your overseas trip, any chance of you burning Week 1 Countdowns onto disc for me in 4.3. I also need 13 April '86 episode from last year. email me. Cheers.