Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
'Aussie 80s' special on rage this coming weekend
Re: 'Aussie 80s' special on rage this coming weekend

I was watching a bunch of your Rage top 60s from the early 90s over the weekend and it got me thinking it was about time for Rage to do a show dedicated to 90s aussie music and another (though it may need more than one) for the 80s. Nekminit … this. Thumbs up.

Luuuc
I was watching a bunch of your Rage top 60s from the early 90s over the weekend and it got me thinking it was about time for Rage to do a show dedicated to 90s aussie music and another (though it may need more than one) for the 80s. Nekminit … this. Thumbs up.
Yes. Except, knowing rage, they tend to focus more on the 'credible' acts from these eras, like Nick Cave, The Go-Betweens (who are pictured in the Aussie 80s special image on the rage site), etc., rather than what was actually popular at the time.

Yes I just seen the link through Twitter myself. I hope Girl On The Wall from Jane Clifton gets played as to my knowledge Rage have never played it or if they have it must have been very early on during the late 80s. Please Rage play this rare music clip. πŸ™πŸ‡¦πŸ‡ΊπŸŽΆ

I would love 'Girl On The Wall'.
As far as I know the only time it's been played standalone (it may or may not have been on Countdown) since it left the charts was on Video Hits.

Fingers crossed for less of the alternative eighties acts.

Playlist is up!
https://www.abc.net.au/rage/guest/aussie-80s-special-on-rage/10554162

Not bad at all, and it even includes a request I made yesterday (Geisha). Whether coincidence or not, it's a good result.

Pretty good special last night. A few clips there that have never been played in the digital era. I'm also pretty sure that rage re-striped the audio on quite a few of those clips - many of them were originally mono but they have been overdubbed in stereo. Nice job!