Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: If you hosted/programmed RAGE, what would you request?

Some interesting requests here. So many videos out there. I wish Rage would reopen their requests on Facebook, and allow us to ask for videos rarely seen. If anyone could upload the Rage version of Bright Eyes anywhere, that would be great. The only one I can find is plastered with annoying graphics and a shaky picture. Otherwise, hopefully they will play it again sometime in the next 50 years! :)

A Madonna special and during January!

Michael
A Madonna special and during January!
I assume you're joking. That happened in 2007, the last full special they've had. They had a Monday night Vault episode on her though in 2016 when she toured here.

Glory Of Love - Peter Cetera

Don't think it's ever been on Rage, has it?

Again, not sure if these have been on Rage before. Even if they have, I'd love them to be on again.

Sailing – Rod Stewart

Convoy – CW McCall
Devil Woman – Cliff Richard

Six Ribbons – Jon English

Carrie – Cliff Richard

Geno - Dexy’s Midnight Runners
Carrie – Cliff Richard

Jackie Wilson Said - Dexy’s Midnight Runners

Juno And Me – Dugites

RetroTragic
Again, not sure if these have been on Rage before. Even if they have, I'd love them to be on again.

Sailing – Rod Stewart
'Sailing' has aired as a standalone clip on rage, albeit during the era where the ABC1 watermark (as it was, then) was plonked within the 4:3 region of the screen, in March 2012. I've used two separate 15-second snippets of it in my 'Australian top 100 singles of 1975' (at #24) and 'Australian top 100 singles of 1976' (at #57) videos, on YouTube. I re-did the audio for it, though, as from memory the original audio was mono and not the best.

from 21:18

from 12:35

I do hope it airs on rage again, though, some day, as it would be nice to grab it without the watermark.

Thanks Nathan. Hopefully, the programmers of Rage tune in to Countdown Memories, and get some ideas about what to play in future. Great compilations!

RetroTragic
Thanks Nathan. Hopefully, the programmers of Rage tune in to Countdown Memories, and get some ideas about what to play in future. Great compilations!
Someone I know suggested they might do this indeed. I asked earlier this year whether anyone had a digital copy of the solo Deborah Harry clips shown after Blondie's guest programming in 2003, and presto, they had a Blondie special, re-airing those clips back in June or something. While it may just have been a coincidence, there was something else aired on rage that I'd expressed a wish to see again - I forget what it was now, though.

This person also joked that the late 80s/early 90s dance vault episode that aired a few months ago could have been programmed by me, as there were several videos (though most from rage) I'd previously uploaded to my YouTube channels.

I think rage are definitely aware of this forum's existence; though whether they check it on a regular basis, or at all, I don't know.

YES !!!!!

Carrie - Cliff Richard

My request has been answered on the Vault tonight. Rage programmers, thank you for reading this (I think you do) and taking notice.

You've Lost That Loving Feeling - Long John Baldry