Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Wa Wa Nee tribute this Saturday night on rage

Matt73
Sorry for the late reply here, but I enjoyed the Wa Wa Nee special on Rage. IMO the audio version of "Gone" on Beatbox (as the Triple J Band of the week!) is better than the album version and also the 12" version from Ultamixes. The Beatbox version doesn't appear to be live audio, it looks mimed, however it is definitely a more stripped down version than the two aforementioned. The clip is quite funny too, just the look on their faces cracks me up, they didn't take it too seriously & that's one of those songs that you can't get out of your head!

And - how pretty was Elizabeth Lord back in the day? Particularly in "I Could Make You Love Me". Plus a great backing vocalist too.

So sad Paul passing away from cancer, such a great guy. Would have been sad for his family & friends. Not sure if he had kids, but I think I have read somewhere that he has. It would have been devastating for them to deal with.
If my memory of the facebook post I saw a couple of years ago that mentioned his illness is correct, there was mention of his children.