Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 1982 Countdown 2nd Edition and Countdown Friday

This one is the last one I have in the set of Kent Music Report photos, taken from the collection held in the National Library of Australia. Somebody else photographed these. Later listings of Countdown only have the Sunday playlist.

Jason 'The Moderator"

Where did you get those COUNTDOWN snapshots saying Countdown Friday? WOW!!!!!!

Those Countdown Friday snapshots are just very basic as I played the one timecoded episode that I have got I took pictures of my TV screen. It's nothing fancy but as it is a different styling to what we have seen on the standard shows I thought someone might find the images interesting. I reckon it looks great.

Brett (2)
Wonderful work Guru - answers a lot of questions I had as well. Great stuff

Are you able to look at 1983 and "Countdown Flipside" as well when you get a chance. Not sure there will be much besides TV guides etc. I would very much like to date the episodes I have as well - the only one I know for sure is the one with the football score plastered which will be easy enough to locate

Cheers

It's something that I had never looked into in detail before due to a lack of information but when Nathan added those playlists from Brad I felt I could do a bit of detective work and join the dots. TV guides had very little information but helped put the rest in place with the Commonwealth Games and World Cup soccer as I couldn't work out why the sequence numbering didn't equal the total number of weeks.

I will have a crack at the Flipside as well as I have got copies of your episodes. I think the progress score from the 1983 VFL Qualifying Final between Hawthorn and Fitzroy comes up on the screen of one episode so that one is easy to date. I know I was listening to the radio of that game at the time as Hawthorn got up with late goals to Loveridge and Tuck so I definitely didn't watch Flipside that day. I'll see what I can find regarding Flipside.

Thanks for these Nathan. It looks like they played fairly run of the mill standard requests on those few shows.

I'm guessing the Deckchairs Overboard clip would be the one they made especially for Countdown and showed on a February episode.

Marianne Faithfull - Running For Our Lives really reminds me of early 1983 as that was the only time I heard it played before it vanished forever. It would be great to see that clip played again.