Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Does Scott still read/post here?

The guy who used to have YouTube channels focusing on Australian female artits?

Trying to contact you to see whether you have Lisa Edwards' 'Until the Day' video, but can't find you on facebook/your email address from the late 00s doesn't seem to work anymore.

Does anyone know how to reach him?

Re: Does Scott still read/post here?

Yes I am still around just not on here as frequent as I would like. I have had some personal family stuff going on the last few months so have been quiet. In regard to your request I unfortunately do not have a copy of the ‘Until The Day’ music clip though I wish I did. I could have a copy of Lisa performing it from an Ernie And Denise show. I will check and let you know.

Thanks for responding. The video does exist, as someone I know caught it once on rage as a new release, but unfortunately didn't record it.

I found I have Lisa singing Lose Myself (In You) from Ernie And Denise show. Great work with the music era countdowns by the way. I did watch a couple of them from You Tube about a year or so back which were very enjoyable. Have you thought about even going back further from 1978 to the start of 1970 or even 1960. It would take a considerable amount of time and effort I gather though would be worth it just the same. Probably not a particular era of interest though I’m sure many would appreciate these years having been included. 🙏

Nathan has to do some 80's comps excerpts first before even thinking about early 70s and 60s Countdowns! LoL

Lisa Edwards music video clip
I found I have Lisa singing Lose Myself (In You) from Ernie And Denise show. Great work with the music era countdowns by the way. I did watch a couple of them from You Tube about a year or so back which were very enjoyable. Have you thought about even going back further from 1978 to the start of 1970 or even 1960. It would take a considerable amount of time and effort I gather though would be worth it just the same. Probably not a particular era of interest though I’m sure many would appreciate these years having been included. 🙏
Thanks, glad you like the chart videos.

I've done #100 to #90 (starting at the bottom) of a 1974 chart, but haven't gone any further on it yet. This was the first end of year chart I consider 'official', since David Kent published it at the time. All of the end of year charts he compiled for earlier years were published years after the fact; I therefore don't consider them as being official.

The further back I go into the 70s, the harder it is to source actual videos, or even sometimes performance footage, for the songs, given that music videos weren't the norm really in the mid 70s. The Dutch TV show TopPop thankfully has many performances in great quality uploaded to YouTube, which helps, but still more and more clips get harder to source the further back I go.

If I were to do back to the 60s (which I'm not really that interested in myself), I suspect that it would be hard to source footage for many of the songs.

I gather from what you say it would me very difficult to resource much of the 60s era. I would welcome any clip countdowns from 1970 onwards. Even the 1970s early to mid era is somewhat sketchy as many clips were taken from live or pre-recorded shows like The Midnight Special or Soul Train so it is not an easy task by any means. I suggested it cause you have done such a great job with the later eras and all. I’m also somewhat curious as to what the top 50 or even 100 songs would have been on Australian charts 1970-1977.

Keep up the great work. 🙏

Scott
I gather from what you say it would me very difficult to resource much of the 60s era. I would welcome any clip countdowns from 1970 onwards. Even the 1970s early to mid era is somewhat sketchy as many clips were taken from live or pre-recorded shows like The Midnight Special or Soul Train so it is not an easy task by any means. I suggested it cause you have done such a great job with the later eras and all. I’m also somewhat curious as to what the top 50 or even 100 songs would have been on Australian charts 1970-1977.

Keep up the great work. 🙏

I have uploaded top 100 videos for 1975, 1976 and 1977 between December last year and March this year. As I think I've mentioned, I've started work on a 1974 top 100 video, but haven't progressed further than #90 so far (starting at the bottom). I've enjoyed making the 70s chart videos so far, as there are many songs in them I didn't know, but like, or had not previously seen videos/performances for. Even some of the songs appearing in the early 80s annual top 100 charts I did not previously know.

In case you've not seen them:

1975 top 100 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmFmLmGSCuE

1976 top 100 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkGdD76wsso

1977 top 100 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjgLyR2F7JU