Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: KIM WILDE Kandy Krush video on rage!

:-)

It'll be on the ABC ME watermark-free episode tonight if anyone wants to grab it.

What time and channel?

I just looked, 10 pm to 11 pm. I shall be recording for Kim watermark free!

You're doing a copy for Kim!

And of course I forgot to record ABC Me rage tonight...

One thing about new release videos - more often than not you can download them from YouTube in HD with no titles or watermarks, and they are official copies from the record company’s or artist’s channel. And so it is with this one.

Why have a rage logo and SD/faux HD when you can have it clean in true HD?

Some of us are old school :)

With New Release videos I barely record anything but I am so glad that rage are playing Kandy Krush from Kim quite a lot as Kim Wilde is my QUEEN and I love that such a great track and video are being played.

HD for new material is great so yeah and I guess on You Tube you have no logo in 16.9, though having the title and the rage symbol in the beginning doesn't phase me so much. And having it from ABC ME with no logo is brilliant just with the title of the song and the rage symbol in the beginning.

Clip Magnet
One thing about new release videos - more often than not you can download them from YouTube in HD with no titles or watermarks, and they are official copies from the record company’s or artist’s channel. And so it is with this one.

Why have a rage logo and SD/faux HD when you can have it clean in true HD?
YouTube isn't really true HD though. If you compare the file size of an actual HD video to a YouTube 'HD' video, the YouTube file is much smaller.

File size isn't everything - in fact it is an unreliable guide. It depends on the video encoder used and the native resolution of the source material. YouTube full HD *is* true HD (1920x1080 progressive) and uses H.264 encoding which is much more efficient than MPEG-2 (used by digital TV, DVD's and early Blu-rays) at around 25-33% of the bytes required to get similar quality. And it looks fabulous on a Plasma HD TV.

The bitrate of YouTube Full HD is around 3 Mbps - less than digital TV's 4-6 Mbps (even for HD), but the picture quality of YouTube HD is better than broadcast HD for the same bitrate.

The thing to watch out for though is a lot of people "upscale" SD or even lower resolution content to 1920x1080 and then they call it "HD" in their upload to YouTube but it isn't remotely that - it looks crap and it's a disease that is rife across YouTube.

But if the HD encoding is done properly from the HD source, which is what the record companies do, it is indeed true HD and looks great.

Yes, there's a lot of fake 'HD' videos on YouTube that look terrible. I don't see the point in upscaling SD myself, and always upload SD material in SD... even if YouTube does downscale 576 PAL to 480p.