Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: RAGE - Easter weekend - NEW WAVE special

Utterly FABULOUS Playlist, yes ... A lot of the videos I have from rage and in general but to have them all in one package is very stunning!!!! Presented extremely well and I love the mix of UK, OZ and US !!!

Though as well as it is put together a few RARER pieces not shown on rage before would have been great as this would have been the opportunity as there is soooo much rage could have played. And rage have presented many times in the last few years some ULTRA RARE videos on their VAULT Specials from the likes of Arvo, Kissing The Pink, Koo De Tah e.t.c... which I guess got played because I suggested them but they did have them in their library and have played some great material on their own from A Flock Of Seagulls like Who's That Girl which is vastly underrated plus they have played things from Sandii & The Sunsetz, Toni Basil like Over My Head not long ago e.t.c... on these specials. So goodness knows what they have in their Vaults, siggggh ....

I would have loved some early obscure Ministry videos from 1983, in particular their amazing single and video for Revenge and Classix Nouveaux videos like Never Again and The End Or The Beginning ... Plus material from Modern Eon, Kissing The Pink, Comsat Angels, Shock, The Fixx, Mick Karn & Midge Ure, King, The Venetians, China Crisis, Fake, The Dugites, Hazell O'Connor, Real Life not shown before, Strawberry Switchblade, Q Feel and shall I go on and from Altered Images instead of I Could Be Happy and Happy Birthday the videos for See Those Eyes, Bring Me Closer and Don't Talk To Me About Love would have been brilliant ... Not to mention some Toyah videos! ... And some later Kajagoogoo videos would have been brilllliant plus Hang On Now when Limahl was in the band. And some Nina Hagen with the video for Zarah would have been cool... And some early Models clips like Atlantic Romantic and On would have been spectacular...

From the Visage selection I can see that rage only have Fade To Grey and Beat Boy as they are the 2 videos they always play .... Would love them to get a copy of D a m n e d Don't Cry, Mind Of A Toy and Love Glove ...

I am however interested to see if Eurythmics with The Walk is the actual music video, I am hoping so!!! VERY RARE!!!!! But I think it will be a live at Heaven clip ...

Excited about Depeche Mode with Get The Balance Right, Flying Lizards with Dizzy Miss Lizzie and A Flock of Seagulls with the utterly BRILLIANT Transfer Affection!!!!! rage could have gone Space Age Love Song again but Transfer Affection is so BRILLIANT to see in the list and Nightmares which was shown only once on a Special last year on a Monday night and Propaganda with P Machinery xxxxxxxxxx I also don't think I have seen Mothers Talk from Tears For Fears before on rage, I am hoping it is the original 1984 video rather than the 1985 video but either way it is something different, though rage never play Change which is equally just as STUNNING as Mad World, sigh <3 And I do love that Edith Bliss is in there again, brilliant :-)

They aired 'The Walk' before after the Dave Stewart guest programming in 2012, and it was just a live/performance video. I too was hoping it was the music video, but that's unlikely, given it was never broadcast.

'Nightmares' has aired thrice before - always as a Halloween clip. And always with a watermark, as it is enlarged to 16:9. D a m n. I wish they would have aired it on Saturday morning instead, so we could get a watermark-free copy from the ABC ME repeats.

rage have aired 'Mothers Talk' before, in May 2012. I've got a watermarked copy. It was the first video.

There is some good stuff on this playlist, but almost all of it has aired in the digital era already, which is disappointing.

Oh good, the original video for Mothers Talk! YAY!

I saw Nightmares from Flock Of Seagulls on one of their Vaults and it was in 16.9 and I had pixelation on it so deleted it. I know it will air in 16.9 again but ah well ....

When are the ABC ME repeats again for Saturday morning just in case Get The Balance Right is in 16.9