Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: I'm Talking album Re-release.

Just gave mine a listen. Very cool. Those girls could sure belt out a tune. Dont like the fold up cardboard packs though.

It’s not in a jewel box? I agree, I don’t like CDs that only come in those cardboard fold-outs. Seems cheap and doesn’t look as good in my CD cabinet. In the early days I actually refused to buy CDs that came in cardboard fold outs and waited until they came out in a jewel box. Clouds Penny Century and James Reyne Electric Digger Dandy were two such CDs. I had to wait 6-12 months if I remember correctly.

But these days with physical CD releases becoming rarer, if something comes in a cardboard fold-out it will stay that way.

I also hate cardboard sleeves of any description.

I dont mind them for a single disc. Bit this has 2 discs and a booklet crammed in there. You can easily damage the cover trying to get a disc out

Also very similar was the 12" Australian 80's Pop CD's, except that had 3 CD's.
I have damaged the corners already, trying to put them into my CD rack.
Not Good!

Another one was Icehouse's 'Masterfile'. They were popular in the early 90's.

Yes, not a big fan of cardboard slip cases either. You have to be very careful in getting the CD's out of them and also not to damage the packaging.