Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Countdown - Digital File Sharing

Luuuc
Countdown episodes that were broadcast this year can be found here:
http://www.filefactory.com/folder/65d70e37e0104967

(Note - files at that site expire after 30 days, so get to it)

(Extra note - I believe you get slightly better download speed/quota if you sign up for an account there)
Just a few days left until those Countdown episodes expire, so please help yourself while you can if you are interested.

I've now started uploading the Countdown episodes that aired on Rage Retro Month in 2017
You can get them from here:
http://www.filefactory.com/folder/383019a399385b59

The episodes that will be available are:
Countdown 80-02-09
Countdown 80-02-24
Countdown 80-11-02
Countdown 81-04-05
Countdown 81-05-24
Countdown 81-11-08
Countdown 82-02-28
Countdown 82-04-17
Countdown 82-07-25
Countdown 82-11-07
Countdown 83-03-27
Countdown 83-05-01
Countdown 83-08-28
Countdown 83-10-30
Countdown 84-06-03
Countdown 85-06-09
Countdown 86-04-06

Thanks for sharing these Luuuc.

Any plans on uploading earlier Retro Month years?

I'll be doing all the ones I have - but unfortunately I only have 4 Retro Months worth of episodes (2015-2018)

Luuuc ... I just wanted to say that, although I already have all the Countdowns Rage has shown over the last several years, I really appreciate you posting these for those who wish to see them. What you've done takes time, and helps people out.

What would be fantastic is if the ABC uploaded them onto iview like they did with the Classic Countdowns. Better still, ABC could devote a whole digital channel to music, covering all styles and all eras. Showing reruns of Countdown, Flashez, Beatbox, GTK, Rock Arena, etc., would be fantastic, and cost them nothing (unless there are royalties involved).

Hi Luuc

A huge thankyou from me for your time and patience in uploading countdowns. I have got them all and they are terrific. I wish I could say that my older ones are as good as yours, but I can't as my equipment is nowhere as good as yours. So thankyou very much.

Shared folder of Countdown episodes that aired in 2016's Retro Month, which contains:

Countdown 80-09-28
Countdown 81-02-22
Countdown 81-06-07
Countdown 81-06-14
Countdown 82-04-04
Countdown 83-03-06
Countdown 83-07-24
Countdown 83-09-04
Countdown 84-05-06
Countdown 84-06-26 Boy George Special
Countdown 85-06-16
Countdown 85-08-25
Countdown 86-11-30
Countdown 86-12-14
Countdown 87-05-10
Countdown 87-07-05

Download Link: http://www.filefactory.com/folder/bb1935647d0c1713

Countdown episodes from 2015 Rage Retro Month, which contains:

Countdown 80-10-12
Countdown 81-04-26
Countdown 81-09-13
Countdown 82-03-14
Countdown 82-04-25
Countdown 82-11-21
Countdown 83-04-03
Countdown 84-11-11
Countdown 85-04-07
Countdown 85-04-21
Countdown 85-07-28
Countdown 85-11-10
Countdown 86-06-08
Countdown 87-04-26
Countdown 87-06-14

Download Link: http://filefactory.com/folder/a75a1f582fd354ee

Countdown episodes from 2014 Rage Retro Month. This is the last batch I have to share:

Countdown 77-12-24
Countdown 80-04-20
Countdown 80-08-10
Countdown 81-03-15
Countdown 82-03-21
Countdown 83-07-03
Countdown 84-04-22
Countdown 84-08-05
Countdown 85-07-14 - Missed the last 30 minutes :(
Countdown 84-12-16
Countdown 85-07-14 - Missed the first 20 minutes :(
Countdown 87-05-31

Download Link: http://www.filefactory.com/folder/1b5bb3e76b253fc5

Thanx heaps for the eps. Anyone got 2013 and earlier? Found this if anyone wants it ...

I think l am one of the only ones who appreciates actual burnt to DVD copies of Countdown etc and then putting onto WD box or whatever so one doesn’t have to use the discs but still archive them on discs. The whole downloading is just so not the way l like to do things when it comes to Countdown and music videos.

Jason ‘The Moderator’
I think l am one of the only ones who appreciates actual burnt to DVD copies of Countdown etc and then putting onto WD box or whatever so one doesn’t have to use the discs but still archive them on discs. The whole downloading is just so not the way l like to do things when it comes to Countdown and music videos.
You can put the downloaded files onto a USB device though and view them on your TV, if you want to.

Having videos on a hard drive makes it so much easier to access specific ones you want to view, and to keep track of what you have, rather than having to pull out individual discs and catalogue them.

Luuuc massive thanks for uploading those episodes. Is there any chance you could please reupload some, specifically the 24.07.83 episode. I'd waited ages for that one only for the recorder to pack it in.

Nathan, l know you appreciate the USB thing but l will continue to do discs. Physical discs are more my thing, l think hardrives etc are great to put discs onto or use usbs once you have transferred a disc on there but not as the main archive method. I use my WD box to watch my Countdown episodes so l don’t have to get out each disc and it is convenient but l have someone who transfers them for me and they only can do this for me sometimes so whatever is not on my WD box I need to watch via disc but most of my Countdowns are on my WD hardrive. For actually storing my Countdowns and Music Videos l am more precious about them and l prefer them on a disc than USB.

I still purchase cds and vinyl as well, downloading is just not my method unless l really have to if something is so rare that l can’t find it. I guess no one will be sharing anything l may need anymore in case of pixelation or stretching via disc ☹️ So l have to make sure l am always able to record and now keep copies in 4.3 and 16.9 and keep them as is as l am not technical with programs like you and some other younger folks

^ I think I'm only 3 or 4 years younger than you, Jason :laughing:

I still use (re-writable) discs to transfer recordings to my external hard drives; I just don't keep the disc anymore once they're transferred, partly because I've literally got hundreds of discs lying around that I never view, and it becomes clutter.

Also, it's worth having at least 2 back-up methods, as discs can potentially fail at some point. I back-up my hard drives to a second drive once they're full, and have even stored these off-site - so if my house burns down, I'm covered :laughing:

I'm a fan of physical media too. I've got a huge collection of CDs that I rarely even touch anymore ever since I ripped them all to MP3, but I can't bring myself to get rid of them. So I get it.
I've got large wallets full of DVDs too, most of them the ink jet printable type that I made labels for.
But as of a few years ago everything new I get stays only on hard drives. I just find it easier, less space-consuming, and easier to share this way.

Mike, after this retro month I will see what I can do about re-uploading my collection in some way that is less temporary. I would really like to add to my collection as well considering I've only got a small fraction of all the Countdowns that have been re-aired.

Luuuc
Countdown episodes from 2014 Rage Retro Month. This is the last batch I have to share:

Countdown 77-12-24
Countdown 80-04-20
Countdown 80-08-10
Countdown 81-03-15
Countdown 82-03-21
Countdown 83-07-03
Countdown 84-04-22
Countdown 84-08-05
Countdown 84-12-16
Countdown 87-05-31

> Countdown 85-07-14 - Missed the last 30 minutes

I've got that one. I've put it here if you want to grab a copy..

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5u7qu6hzij0v0f1/AAAi0OZQSci7pD5cgD8kBVyRa?dl=0

Thanks very much Chad!!

Again ... people can collect as they wish but l like to collect DVD recordings and a back up on my WD box which is a hardrive box and l have two hardrives with the exact same content but l only get that backed up now and again as a friend does them for me, nearly most of my Countdown collection is on there. Once my hardrive deleted everything and since both have been backed up, lucky l had all my dvd’s just in case as a back up.

I guess l put up with the room that dvds take but l have great tubs they go into. I like backing up on hardrive as well so l have a few forms of media l can have my collections in, especially Countdown episodes.

I would hope if l needed something this January that someone would do a disc for me and post me it if any technical issues come along, l always offer money for people’s services.

Btw Nathan, sometimes a few years older does mean younger people have much more skill with technical things, you are very clever when it comes to recording in 16.9 and putting the ratio back into 4.3 mode with rage clips as you told me, so you are very computer savvy.
I
I am 44 soon, anyhow.... if my house burnt down l would grab my WD box harddrives and all my dvds and vinyl and cds and l would most likely die in the fire, haha.

If anyone here needs any Countdown episodes etc l am always willing to send you a DVD disc and then you can transfer to hardrive, USB or whatever you wish 🙂

Luuuc
Thanks very much Chad!!
That's no problem :)
Would it be ok if I can grab 80-08-10 from you? I am converting all of mine to MP4 at the moment and just saw that one has signal issues (might have been a storm that night). Thanks.

As an interim measure I will use FileFactory again to share what I have, using these links:
1977-1981 Episodes
1982-1984 Episodes
1985-1987 Episodes

At the moment only the first folder is populated. The second one has only the episode that Mike asked for. After next weekend I will have more time and will start adding more.

Awesome. Thank you. I have also been putting in files into the folder I shared before so you are welcome to any of those files also.

I’m also old school in that I have copied my shows onto disc and before that video tape of course. I am however open to the idea of digital file sharing though I’m just not that familiar with the entire concept. I suspect you probably need to either join or sign up for the benefits though.

Scott
I’m also old school in that I have copied my shows onto disc and before that video tape of course. I am however open to the idea of digital sharing though I’m just not that familiar with the entire concept.
A method I use (mostly for individual files) is uploading them to wetransfer.com, which hosts the files for 7 days before they are deleted.

Thanks Nathan I will be sure to check it out. I would be somewhat confused as to which type of file though I gather it can tell you what file for uploading is acceptable mpg or mp4 or flv. file formats. I know a little but still learning this stuff. Gets a bit confusing with so many type of file formats to choose. I guess it comes down to preference. One thing I’m sure MP3 is a music file. 🤔😄

You can upload any file type to wetransfer.com. I upload mainly .vob files, which are just DVD files.

if anybody is recording the 2019 countdown eps in 4:3 please get in touch. cheers.

Hi Jason, I have gone through my Countdown episodes collection and seem to be missing quite a few episodes, I don't know what has happened to them. Was just wondering if you or anyone else could possibly make a copy of the following episodes on DVD disc for me please, I will cover the expenses, costs etc. It would be much appreciated. The episodes I am missing are:

January 23rd, 1977 (Top 100 for 1976 16-1) (I also missed recording this episode on the Michael Shrimpton tribute a couple of years ago.)

April 30th, 1978 (Saturday Night Fever Dance Competition)

April 8th, 1979 (Bob Welch)

May 6th, 1979 (Smokie)

October 28th, 1979 (Steve Gilpin from Mi-Sex)

November 16th, 1980 (Annie Lennox from the Tourists)

June 13th, 1982 (Toni Basil)

July 4th, 1982 (Bucks Fizz)

November 14th, 1982 (Daryl Hall and John Oates)

February 27th, 1983 (James Reyne)

March 31st, 1985 (Greedy Smith from Mental As Anything)

May 18th, 1986 (The Sweet)

I know there are quite a few episodes there, but I would be so grateful if yourself or somebody else could make a copy of these episodes for me so I can complete my collection. Thankyou.

Luuuc thanks again for uploading all the episodes. I gave up ever getting that July 83 episode. You've made my year. Mega thanks.

Chad thanks for all your effort uploading too. Much appreciated.

Luuuc
As an interim measure I will use FileFactory again to share what I have, using these links:
1977-1981 Episodes
1982-1984 Episodes
1985-1987 Episodes

At the moment only the first folder is populated. The second one has only the episode that Mike asked for. After next weekend I will have more time and will start adding more.
Just a heads-up that I have now finished populating those links for anyone that wants a look.

And a thanks once again to Chad for your link. I've been pillaging it hard! :)

Luuuc
Luuuc
1977-1981 Episodes
1982-1984 Episodes
1985-1987 Episodes

Just a heads-up that I have now finished populating those links for anyone that wants a look.

And a thanks once again to Chad for your link. I've been pillaging it hard! :)
Hi Luuuc,

A huge thankyou for all your help and kindness in uploading all your countdowns, especially in HD. I somehow missed 9/5/1982 Countdown, so another huge thanks for this one! :)

Luuuc
Luuuc
1977-1981 Episodes
1982-1984 Episodes
1985-1987 Episodes

And a thanks once again to Chad for your link. I\'ve been pillaging it hard! :)
Hey.. That's no problem at all. I've been doing the same to yours to make sure I've got any missing ones. I've also still got a stack to put into my dropbox so keep an eye on that :)

GAAAAHH !! My digital recording app on my PC didn't trigger and I missed capturing the 3 Countdown episodes from last night ( Week 3 ).

If anyone has digital copies for upload on public or personal drives, I'd be more than happy to share whatever I have in kind.

Cheers

criscles

criscles, if you check my links above you will find copies there (Countdown 84-05-13, 85-02-10, and 85-06-23)

Luuuc, thankyou so much !

Hi All,

I have the following 1979 episodes available for download:

1979-06-17 - Eric Oldfield (incomplete 38:31)
1979-07-08 - Glenn Shorrock
1979-07-22 - Shirley Strachan
1979-07-29 - Roger Voudouris
1979-08-19 - Shirley Strachan
1979-10-07 - Steve Gilpin (incomplete 49:23)
1979-10-28 - Russell Hitchcock
1979-11-04 - Molly
1979-11-25 - Marc Hunter
1979-12-02 - Elton John
1979-12-16 - End Of The Decade Special

PM me for a Link as it is hosted privately.

Cheers :slightly_smiling_face:

criscles

Also looking for Tuesdays February 1982 Countdown if anyone managed to capture that one!! I would be appreciative of a copy.

Cheers

Regards

Brett

Brett (2)
Also looking for Tuesdays February 1982 Countdown if anyone managed to capture that one!! I would be appreciative of a copy.

Cheers

Regards

Brett
I was slow to upload this week ... reduced enthusiasm due to there being only one Countdown :(
At least it was a good one. It's now in my 1982-1984 link above.

Thanks Luuuc - cheers!! Yes I understand the lack of enthusiasm

Would anyone be able to share the New Years Eve special from 5 weeks ago? I'd really like to get the footage of AC/DC playing from 1976.

This has been brilliant! So many generous people to thank: Andrew, Luuuc, Chad, and Criscles I’ll be in touch with you too! 1979 was a fab year.

Seriously this has been so awesome. About 4 years ago I had a bad hard drive crash. Lost years worth. I was so devastated I didn’t bother to reconstruct my collection - until now.

Incidentally I think I have Some episodes in MP4 format (ie: consistent with the uploads) which I’m happy to share. I’ll have to do a reconciliation and let you know what they are.

Luuuc
1977-1981 Episodes
1982-1984 Episodes
1985-1987 Episodes
Just a reminder for anyone who wants to download any of the Countdown episodes that aired from 2014-2019 using the links above - these files hosted on FileFactory expire if they haven't been downloaded for 3 months, and that deadline is approaching for some of these files - so get in while you can.

Anyone keen to put these all onto usb for me? email me.

Hi. i'm an avid countdown fan, if you could send me download links, that would be great.

regards

Marcus

Hi Mate, 1985 - 87 episode list is unavailable? any solutions?

cheers.

I recently uploaded the "Classic Countdown" series (that was aired in 2017) for someone, so while it's online and shareable feel free to grab a copy:

Classic Countdown

Thanks to whoever sent me some digital files!

Michael
Thanks to whoever sent me some digital files!
Ditto! That was random but very much appreciated!!

yep that was me,sorry it was random,i'm moving so i had to send the links out asap,otherwise i would of forgotten.anybody who wants countdown/rock arena links and didn't get them,feel free to email me. cheers.

Chad
Luuuc

Countdown 77-12-24
Countdown 80-04-20
Countdown 80-08-10
Countdown 81-03-15
Countdown 82-03-21
Countdown 83-07-03
Countdown 84-04-22
Countdown 84-08-05
Countdown 84-12-16
Countdown 87-05-31

> Countdown 85-07-14 - Missed the last 30 minutes

I\'ve got that one. I\'ve put it here if you want to grab a copy..

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5u7qu6hzij0v0f1/AAAi0OZQSci7pD5cgD8kBVyRa?dl=0
Thanks Chad for sharing all those episodes. I have almost doubled my collection now. Cheers.

Luuuc
Luuuc
1977-1981 Episodes
1982-1984 Episodes
1985-1987 Episodes
Just a reminder for anyone who wants to download any of the Countdown episodes that aired from 2014-2019 using the links above - these files hosted on FileFactory expire if they haven\\\\\\\'t been downloaded for 3 months, and that deadline is approaching for some of these files - so get in while you can.
Luuuc, Thanks for providing those links. I d/l a few episodes thanks. But there was nothing left in the 1985-87 folder. Any chance of a re upload. thanks, kiersey.

Hi All, I am new to the forum. I have attached a link for my Countdown Episode list. If anyone needs any episode then please let me know. Thanks to everyone who has posted links to episodes. I have increased my collection as a result. Cheers, kiersey.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6235hus9tpiimli/My%20Countdown%20List.docx?dl=0

1 2 3 4 5 6