Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Early rage recordings

Does anyone here still have any videos recorded from rage in the 80s/early 90s (digitised and/or the original VHS tapes)?

I've compiled a 13 minute video with some extracts of videos I recorded on rage in 1989, plus videos others recorded between 1987 and 1989 that I have obtained, so you can see the changes in the superscripts they used during that time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6k2ZStxxMI

Re: Early rage recordings

I still have about 24 VHS tapes (3 and 4 hour tapes) of rage recordings, from about 1990 onwards. But what I used to do is record over bits of each tape if there was stuff on there I wasn't interested in with new recordings. So it quickly became a mish-mash, not single recordings of single episodes all from the same era.

I've digitised all the clips from them that I want to keep. I was thinking about putting them all on eBay just in case someone else would be interested in them, although I'd have to spend the time and effort to write up the track listing of each one (currently hand-written and scrawly, lots of stuff crossed out).

^ Were the tapes you recorded predominantly from the top 50/60, or did they also contain new release/Saturday night special stuff?

Almost entirely specials and new releases. Very little top 50/60. You may have motivated me to type up the playlists, in case anyone here has an interest in any of them.

Clip Magnet
Almost entirely specials and new releases. Very little top 50/60. You may have motivated me to type up the playlists, in case anyone here has an interest in any of them.
I'm definitely interested to see what is on them. I wasn't really aware that rage showed new release videos before the top 50/60 until about mid-1992, and then didn't routinely watch/record that segment until about a year later.

A few years ago we discussed something similar here and I listed the playlists from some tapes that I had, hopefully this link works:
http://pub24.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=2015862427&frmid=135&msgid=937217&cmd=show

I did upload some 80's Australian clips from Rage to Youtube once that I thought were a bit rarer:

^ Thanks for the reminder of that thread. The link works.

Hi Nathan, have just checked out your YT upload, commented and now subscribed to your channel.

Matt73
Hi Nathan, have just checked out your YT upload, commented and now subscribed to your channel.
Replying to your comment on YouTube here (since it seems I can't message you on there; there's no link on your channel page [you need an About tab in your channel page layout])... I'd definitely be interested to see what what you have recorded from rage in 1989. You can message me through facebook at https://www.facebook.com/ohnoitisnathan, or, if you don't do facebook, I can link an email in another post.

Hi Nathan, Sorry but my YT channel info I keep to an absolute minimum and therefore no contact details. My email is (spelt out): mshearer at hondacentral dot com dot au - if you send me an email I will be able to reply to you.