Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Another January over :-(

So rage goes retro 4 just finished and what a night.

I finally got the Countdown from 14/10/1984 which I have requested for a few years played. I am in AWE of that episode, I just watched live in such excitement, what a REMARKABLE episode, sighhhhh .... Such a healthy music scene and an intro from Madonna for Lucky Star, ahhhhhhhhh! ... And to finally have Maybe Only I Dream from Eurogliders in the Countdown studio <3 This 1984 episode is my highlight episode of the year along with last weekends 1981 episode I requested x

The 1985 Rock Arena was MAGICAL !!!!! The RARE Kam Sha video clip KILLLLLED me xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo As did Suzanne Dowling's outfit and the different video for Close To The Edit from Art Of Noise! Aztec Camera and Floy Joy were BRILLIANT!

Though I have the 1983 Countdown in timer code it is a KILLER episode, so good to have a fresh copy :-) Amazing, love the Fairlight doco soooo much xxxx

As for the 1986 Countdown, well yeah .... it was okay .... Kate Ceberano talking was my highlight :-) And Dragon were FAB x

11 months of nothingness now, I shall sleep till January, 2019. Goodbye x

Re: Another January over :-(

May I add LOS TRIOS RINGBARKUS with 'COOKING IN THE KITCHEN' was so great!

Apart from the Rock Arena episode from 1983 which I found rather boring, I think it has been an excellent Retro Month this year especially having 18 un-repeated Countdown episodes shown.

I wish the ABC would play Countdown episodes on the ABCME channel each night in the timeslot when the channel normally ends transmission, but I guess that is just wishful thinking.

Anyway I hope Jason and everyone else who posts on this forum has a great and enjoyable remainder of 2018. I've really enjoyed reading everyone's posts regarding Retro Month and everything Countdown related.

First time in 3 years that none of my requests got up. But I'll try again next year.

I know you live for retro month Jason, but in a way, I'm usually kind of relieved when it's over. Because it means I no longer have to clear 5+ hours of space on my recorder every week. And plus this year with all of the aspect ratio issues... has killed the enjoyment a bit.

Of course, I might think differently next week when there's probably some current boring 'alternative' act I've never heard of guest programming and choosing the same videos that always get played. But hopefully there will at least be some good Monday night vault shows throughout the year to tide us over, with the occasional good/interesting guest programmer who has selected some videos never/rarely seen on rage.

The fact that only 80s Countdowns are left in the archives yet to be repeated on RAGE, killed the nostalgic feel for me sometime ago now.

Mid 80s Countdowns aren't retro enough for me, as I was already working and clubbing by this stage of my life anyway.

I have been taping since 1993, although majority are still on VHS from pre 2000s sadly.

I want some Beatbox next JAN19 anyway.

It's been a highly enjoyable Retro Month. Considering the "best" Countdown episodes have already been played, it just shows that there's still no shortage of good stuff in the un-aired episodes.

I'm low-key counting down to 2021, which has 5 Saturdays in January rather than just 4 ;)

if anybody has a good recording the first 1983 Rock Arena,as Rain interrupted my signal.cheers.

There are sill many 1980 episodes of Countdown to be played and many 1983's.

1979 to 1984 are the best Countdown years for me. But there are still also some 1985 Episodes I want that still has some magic.

Also some 1984's that still need to be played, though most of 1984 has been covered.

rage still can have many January's with lots of 1980 episodes that haven't been covered.

I do live for January and the rest of the year is just existing for me.

January can be pressure with pixelation and this year aspect ratios but the aspects seemed quite good last night. Luckiily with pixelation there is trading and people on here kind enough to copy episodes.

Though the 1986 and 1987 episodes of Countdown are rather boring for me as well, that 1984 episode rage played for me this morning was so magical, so there are still episodes with spark left tom play for quite some time.

ABC need to stop repeating CLASSIC COUNTDOWN and play full Countdown Episodes, there is enough demand for it and it would be perfect at this time.

Rock Arena episodes also need to be played as the 1985 episode last night was SOOOO good. I will treasure the Kam Sha video for Work Until You Drop.

I got 4 requested Countdown's this year being:

COUNTDOWN: Date: 16/03/1980
Show no: 231
Summary: GUEST PRESENTER IS STEVE GILPIN FROM MI –SEX.

COUNTDOWN: Date:23/08/1981
Show no: 298
Summary:GUEST PRESENTER IS PAUL NORTHAM,LEAD SINGER FROM MEO245.

COUNTDOWN: Date:14/10/1984
Show no: 438
Summary:Summary: THIS SHOW IS HOSTED BY COMEDY DUO LOS TRIOS RINGBARKUS WHO ARE PERFORMING SKETCHES BETWEEN CLIPS. MOLLY AND MEATLOAF PRESENTING HUMDRUM VIA SATELLITE FROM LONDON.

COUNTDOWN: Date – 28/06/1987
SHOW HOSTED BY DAVE DOBYN

The 1987 was the least wanted episode on my list but I suggested one 1987 episode simply because it was the best from 1987 for me that at least had some RARE things on it and I lover That's That. I hope next year has no 1987 at all, as they were a waste of time this January.

I had a few timer codes played this year as well but I am obviously missing some as on the 2nd week of rage goes retro there were a few I didn't have so maybe I need to check with Armin what timer code's left I may not have ...

Though i had the 1983 timer code played this morning I think it a great episode and am glad to have The Runners live in studio as I think the set is utterly marvellous as well as The Beat Goes On and my darling Duran, John Taylor <3

And Nathan, yes ... Monday VAULTS are good for RARE clips, the Chrysalis special was GENIUS but Countdown is my life and I wish it was on more often. Same with Rock Arena, as when Rock Arena is brilliant, it really is brilliant as shown in the 1985 episode last night <3

T.W I recorded everything last night.

Only recorded the first Rock Arena for John Peters as the show was awful as I am not an Angels fan but I can do you a copy.

Demolition Man video was cool though

Email me at romoelectric@hotmail.com

Really enjoyed this year. Love 70's and 80's up to 1986 so happy with whatever Rage gives us. 1983 Rock Arena was an exception

But disappointed in just the two episodes of Rock Arena (and one was horrid) or anything from the 70's. Will be requesting some Flashez inserts and more Rock Arenas for 2019.Plus a couple of Hitscenes and another episode or two of Antenna.

Despite the lack of variety 2018 was very enjoyable

Jason 'The Moderator'
So rage goes retro 4 just finished and what a night.

I finally got the Countdown from 14/10/1984 which I have requested for a few years played. I am in AWE of that episode, I just watched live in such excitement, what a REMARKABLE episode, sighhhhh .... Such a healthy music scene and an intro from Madonna for Lucky Star, ahhhhhhhhh! ... And to finally have Maybe Only I Dream from Eurogliders in the Countdown studio <3 This 1984 episode is my highlight episode of the year along with last weekends 1981 episode I requested x

The 1985 Rock Arena was MAGICAL !!!!! The RARE Kam Sha video clip KILLLLLED me xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo As did Suzanne Dowling's outfit and the different video for Close To The Edit from Art Of Noise! Aztec Camera and Floy Joy were BRILLIANT!

Though I have the 1983 Countdown in timer code it is a KILLER episode, so good to have a fresh copy :-) Amazing, love the Fairlight doco soooo much xxxx

As for the 1986 Countdown, well yeah .... it was okay .... Kate Ceberano talking was my highlight :-) And Dragon were FAB x

11 months of nothingness now, I shall sleep till January, 2019. Goodbye x
The 84 episode from last night was the episode I found most enjoyable throughout this retro month. Great choice :)

By my mental calculations, following this year's retro month, there are 106 remaining unrepeated Countdown episodes, but this includes several missing/suspected missing episodes - based on the end of 2017 retro month list in Armin's thread, minus the 18 episodes aired this year.

So... You now roughly have a 1% likelihood of having a 'requested' episode shown, just by chance.

I still think that rage (these days) just air what they want to and don't give much weight to requests for particular episodes. No-one here, for example, probably requested the Rock Arena with live Angels footage.

At around 15 episodes per year, they could have all of the Countdowns repeated within about 7 years; sooner if they average more episodes per year.

A great January, in my opinion. We always want more Countdowns, and they delivered with 18 episodes. I'm a late 70s, early 80s fan. I can take or leave 1986/87, but like to add them to the list nonetheless.

I think Rage could re-run Countdown once they have played everything they have. Don't forget it's over 20 years ago when they first started playing Countdown on Rage. I missed out on those early airings, so would love to have them back on again.

I really hope somewhere in the world there are some yet to be unearthed episodes from the 70s - in a basement, attic, box, garage, shed. You'd think that, perhaps, that just might be the case. I hope so.

RetroTragic
A great January, in my opinion. We always want more Countdowns, and they delivered with 18 episodes. I'm a late 70s, early 80s fan. I can take or leave 1986/87, but like to add them to the list nonetheless.

I think Rage could re-run Countdown once they have played everything they have. Don't forget it's over 20 years ago when they first started playing Countdown on Rage. I missed out on those early airings, so would love to have them back on again.

I really hope somewhere in the world there are some yet to be unearthed episodes from the 70s - in a basement, attic, box, garage, shed. You'd think that, perhaps, that just might be the case. I hope so.
Yeah once they finish the Countdowns can be rerun again. As you say many Retro fans may have come late to the party and missed a decade or more. Plus there's still loads of Rock Arenas & hundreds of Flashez inserts still to air.

Watching the repeat of the Top 10 songs of 23/11/86 on ABCME...Bliss!