Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rock Arena weekend 4 Rage Retro Month 2018

Good news that weekend 4 Of Rage Retro Month 2018 are playing a couple of Rock Arena shows one from 1983 and the other 1985. Plus a Countdown show from 1986. That is what has been promised so far. Enjoy!

Re: Rock Arena weekend 4 Rage Retro Month 2018

Blurb for those who don't do facebook:

Crank up the old hi fi and book in that perm, because we're upping the ante for the final week of Retro Month with episodes of Rock Arena.

Tune in as your charming hosts, Andrew Peters and Suzanne Dowling take you back to the live music scenes of 1983 and 1985, featuring performances by The Angels (Official) and Manfredd Mann. But we haven't forgotten about you Countdown fanatics - we've also got you covered with an episode from 1986, including interviews with Michael Hutchence and Jimmy Barnes - Official.

Watch the final week of Retro Month Saturday, January 27 from 10am and 11:52pm on ABC.

Live footage? Ugh.

I can't work out which Countdown episode it is based on what they've posted, but I'm guessing it's from late in the year, as that's when 'Good Times' was out (if Michael & Jimmy are interviewed together).

Ah, looks like it is this one:

Year: 1986
Date: 23/11/1986
Show no: 536
Summary: THIS SHOW HAS NO HOST OR STUDIO AUDIENCE. MOLLY DOES LINKS FROM BONDI PAVILLION AND INTERVIEWS WITH ARTISTS WHO ARE THERE TO LAUNCH 'AUSTRALIAN MADE' TOUR. MOLLY IV'S JIMMY BARNES RE TOUR, MICHAEL HUTCHENCE RE FILM DOG'S IN SPACE AND SONG WITH JIMMY BARNES. GREEDY SMITH FROM MENTAL AS ANYTHING AND KATE CEBERANO TALK ABOUT TOUR AND AN EXCERPT OF NEIL AND TIM FINN IN RECORDING
STUDIO SINGING FOR THE 'GET REAL CAMPAIGN' IS SHOWN DURING HUMDRUM. MOLLY ALSO INTERVIEWS DOC NEESON FROM THE ANGELS RE NEW ALBUM, INTERVIEW HAS CHROMA KEY EFFECT THROUGH IT. VIDEO CLIPS:
BIG PIG 'HUNGRY TOWN'
DRAGON 'WESTERN GIRLS'
THE ANGELS 'DON'T WASTE MY TIME'
A-HA 'I'VE BEEN LOSING YOU'
WANG CHUNG 'EVERYBODY HAVE FUN TONIGHT'
SPANDAU BALLET 'THROUGH THE BARRICADES'
THE PRETENDERS 'DON'T GET ME WRONG'
BOB GELDOF 'THIS IS THE WORLD CALLING'
BERLIN 'LIKE FLAMES'
CYNDI LAUPER 'CHANGE OF HEART'
DURAN DURAN 'NOTORIOUS'
NATIONAL TOP TEN:
STACEY Q 'TWO OF HEARTS'
BILLY JOEL 'A MATTER OF TRUST'
RIC OCASEK 'EMOTION IN MOTION'
ELTON JOHN 'HEARTACHE ALL OVER THE WORLD'
HUEY LEWIS & THE NEWS 'STUCK WITH YOU'
MADONNA 'TRUE BLUE'
PAUL SIMON 'YOU CAN CALL ME AL'
CHRIS DE BURGH 'LADY IN RED'
COMMUNARDS 'DON'T LEAVE ME THIS WAY'
JOHN FARNHAM 'YOU'RE THE VOICE'
SHOW ENDS WITH BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN 'WAR'

Doesn't look like that great an episode, based on the blurb, IMO.

I hope this doesn't mean that the Saturday morning hour will be filled with Angels and Jimmy Barnes clips. Or even solo Michael/INXS, as they've all been played before in the digital era.

Thank god it's not Recovery!

I love Rock Arena when it features contemporary videos, but the look at the "live scene' is worrying.

Not a very exciting Countdown episode (the music is fine, but common), but at least we're getting another episode.

ohnoitisnathan
Blurb for those who don\\\'t do facebook:

Crank up the old hi fi and book in that perm, because we\\\'re upping the ante for the final week of Retro Month with episodes of Rock Arena.

Tune in as your charming hosts, Andrew Peters and Suzanne Dowling take you back to the live music scenes of 1983 and 1985, featuring performances by The Angels (Official) and Manfredd Mann. But we haven\\\'t forgotten about you Countdown fanatics - we\\\'ve also got you covered with an episode from 1986, including interviews with Michael Hutchence and Jimmy Barnes - Official.

Watch the final week of Retro Month Saturday, January 27 from 10am and 11:52pm on ABC.

Live footage? Ugh.

I can\\\'t work out which Countdown episode it is based on what they\\\'ve posted, but I\\\'m guessing it\\\'s from late in the year, as that\\\'s when \\\'Good Times\\\' was out (if Michael & Jimmy are interviewed together).

Summary: THIS SHOW HAS NO HOST OR STUDIO AUDIENCE. MOLLY DOES LINKS FROM BONDI PAVILLION AND INTERVIEWS WITH ARTISTS WHO ARE THERE TO LAUNCH \\\'AUSTRALIAN MADE\\\' TOUR. MOLLY IV\\\'S JIMMY BARNES RE TOUR, MICHAEL HUTCHENCE RE FILM DOG\\\'S IN SPACE AND SONG WITH JIMMY BARNES. GREEDY SMITH FROM MENTAL AS ANYTHING AND KATE CEBERANO TALK ABOUT TOUR AND AN EXCERPT OF NEIL AND TIM FINN IN RECORDING
STUDIO SINGING FOR THE \\\'GET REAL CAMPAIGN\\\' IS SHOWN DURING HUMDRUM. MOLLY ALSO INTERVIEWS DOC NEESON FROM THE ANGELS RE NEW ALBUM, INTERVIEW HAS CHROMA KEY EFFECT THROUGH IT. VIDEO CLIPS:
BIG PIG \\\'HUNGRY TOWN\\\'
DRAGON \\\'WESTERN GIRLS\\\'
THE ANGELS \\\'DON\\\'T WASTE MY TIME\\\'
A-HA \\\'I\\\'VE BEEN LOSING YOU\\\'
WANG CHUNG \\\'EVERYBODY HAVE FUN TONIGHT\\\'
SPANDAU BALLET \\\'THROUGH THE BARRICADES\\\'
THE PRETENDERS \\\'DON\\\'T GET ME WRONG\\\'
BOB GELDOF \\\'THIS IS THE WORLD CALLING\\\'
BERLIN \\\'LIKE FLAMES\\\'
CYNDI LAUPER \\\'CHANGE OF HEART\\\'
DURAN DURAN \\\'NOTORIOUS\\\'
NATIONAL TOP TEN:
STACEY Q \\\'TWO OF HEARTS\\\'
BILLY JOEL \\\'A MATTER OF TRUST\\\'
RIC OCASEK \\\'EMOTION IN MOTION\\\'
ELTON JOHN \\\'HEARTACHE ALL OVER THE WORLD\\\'
HUEY LEWIS & THE NEWS \\\'STUCK WITH YOU\\\'
MADONNA \\\'TRUE BLUE\\\'
PAUL SIMON \\\'YOU CAN CALL ME AL\\\'
CHRIS DE BURGH \\\'LADY IN RED\\\'
COMMUNARDS \\\'DON\\\'T LEAVE ME THIS WAY\\\'
JOHN FARNHAM \\\'YOU\\\'RE THE VOICE\\\'
SHOW ENDS WITH BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN \\\'WAR\\\'

Doesn\\\'t look like that great an episode, based on the blurb, IMO.

I hope this doesn\\\'t mean that the Saturday morning hour will be filled with Angels and Jimmy Barnes clips. Or even solo Michael/INXS, as they\\\'ve all been played before in the digital era.
The only Angels video I'd like them to dig out is 'The Nature Of The Beast', as it isn't on their DVD.

Brad
Thank god it's not Recovery!

I love Rock Arena when it features contemporary videos, but the look at the "live scene' is worrying.

Not a very exciting Countdown episode (the music is fine, but common), but at least we're getting another episode.
Yep, I don't care for watching 'live' performances much at all.

I just saw the rage blurb on their website before here,

Sounds like a crappy end to Retro month, I loathe The Angels and a live concert is not great. And that Countdown looks like crap as well.

I suppose there will be 4 Rock Arena's and 1 Countdown.

I dunno why they can't do a retro hour every week. On ABC 3 even. All these channels and nothing on. Hmm sounds like a Springsteen song.

That Countdown looks like s h i t

Ughhhhh, The Angels live on Rock Arena and The Angels also on Countdown. Bogan fest enough

I wonder what else will be on this Saturday as it's not much info

It will be interesting to see if Rage puts up the playlist for week 4 of Retro Month on Thursday afternoon seeing that Friday is the Australia Day public holiday.

It's good to see that a couple of Rock Arenas are being shown, though I hope there is more than 1 Countdown episode being played.

Rock Arena can be great if it's not a live episode. But when they are live episodes of a band that is over played already like The Angels then it's pointless ...

I would prefer a night full of Countdown's than Rock Arena's with live bands like The Angels.

rage have played 5 Countdown's each weekend so probably only one this weekend, I thought they would jam pack with Rock Arena's on the final weekend.

Hopefully the Rock Arena's will have some RARE content not live of some interesting bands and artists.

I just looked up Manfredd Mann on You Tube, my goodness, they are just C R A P !!!!

I don't think I will be recording any of those Rock Arena's mentioned or watching them

It might be this 1983 Andrew Peters episode of Rock Arena which featured both The Angels and Manfred Mann.

ROCK ARENA
duration: 72.30
summary: ABC MUSIC PROGRAM, ROCK ARENA INC ANGELS, MANFRED MANN AND BLUES BAND

personalities: ANDREW PETERS,ABC PRESENTER;THE ANGELS,MUSIC GROUP;MANFREDD MANN'S EARTH BAND,MUSIC GROUP;THE BLUES BAND,MUSIC GROUP
shotlist: LIB FTG THE ANGELS LIVE, SHOOT IT UP;LIB FTG THE ANGELS LIVE, NO SECRETS;LIB FTG THE ANGELS LIVE, WATCH THE RED;LIB FTG THE ANGELS LIVE, IS THAT YOU;LIB FTG THE ANGELS LIVE, FACE THE DAY;THE ANGELS FILM CLIP, EAT CITY;MANFREDD MANN'S EARTH BAND LIVE FILM CLIP,DAVY'S ON THE ROAD AGAIN;MANFREDD MANN'S EARTH BAND LIVE FILM CLIP, YOU ANGEL YOU;MANFREDD MANN'S EARTH BAND LIVE FILM CLIP, DON'T KILL IT CAROL;MANFREDD MANN'S EARTH BAND LIVE FILM CLIP, LIES (THROUGH THE 80S);MANFREDD MANN'S EARTH BAND LIVE FILM CLIP, FOR YOU;MANFREDD MANN'S EARTH BAND FILM CLIP, DEMOLITION MAN;THE BLUES BAND LIVE, DIDDY WAH DIDDY;BLUES BAND LIVE, COME ON IN;THE BLUES BAND LIVE, WHO'S RIGHT, WHO'S WRONG?;THE BLUES BAND LIVE, AIN'T IT TOUGH;THE BLUES BAND LIVE, BACK DOOR MAN;THE BLUES BAND LIVE, MAGGIE'S FARM

If that is the case then the 1985 Suzanne Dowling episode may well be interesting. Most of the 1985 episodes seemed to be half live and half clips with the live performances often especially recorded for Rock Arena, if so then I will look forward to that episode as I generally loved the Suzanne Dowling years.

Depending on when Manfred Mann was filmed, maybe Shona Laing is with them.
Pity it's live though and not the videos for 'I (Who Have Nothing)', 'Lies (Through The 80s)', 'The Runner' or 'For You'.

ohnoitisnathan
Blurb for those who don't do facebook:

Crank up the old hi fi and book in that perm, because we're upping the ante for the final week of Retro Month with episodes of Rock Arena.

Tune in as your charming hosts, Andrew Peters and Suzanne Dowling take you back to the live music scenes of 1983 and 1985, featuring performances by The Angels (Official) and Manfredd Mann. But we haven't forgotten about you Countdown fanatics - we've also got you covered with an episode from 1986, including interviews with Michael Hutchence and Jimmy Barnes - Official.

Live footage? Ugh.

I can't work out which Countdown episode it is based on what they've posted, but I'm guessing it's from late in the year, as that's when 'Good Times' was out (if Michael & Jimmy are interviewed together).

Summary: THIS SHOW HAS NO HOST OR STUDIO AUDIENCE. MOLLY DOES LINKS FROM BONDI PAVILLION AND INTERVIEWS WITH ARTISTS WHO ARE THERE TO LAUNCH 'AUSTRALIAN MADE' TOUR. MOLLY IV'S JIMMY BARNES RE TOUR, MICHAEL HUTCHENCE RE FILM DOG'S IN SPACE AND SONG WITH JIMMY BARNES. GREEDY SMITH FROM MENTAL AS ANYTHING AND KATE CEBERANO TALK ABOUT TOUR AND AN EXCERPT OF NEIL AND TIM FINN IN RECORDING
STUDIO SINGING FOR THE 'GET REAL CAMPAIGN' IS SHOWN DURING HUMDRUM. MOLLY ALSO INTERVIEWS DOC NEESON FROM THE ANGELS RE NEW ALBUM, INTERVIEW HAS CHROMA KEY EFFECT THROUGH IT. VIDEO CLIPS:
BIG PIG 'HUNGRY TOWN'
DRAGON 'WESTERN GIRLS'
THE ANGELS 'DON'T WASTE MY TIME'
A-HA 'I'VE BEEN LOSING YOU'
WANG CHUNG 'EVERYBODY HAVE FUN TONIGHT'
SPANDAU BALLET 'THROUGH THE BARRICADES'
THE PRETENDERS 'DON'T GET ME WRONG'
BOB GELDOF 'THIS IS THE WORLD CALLING'
BERLIN 'LIKE FLAMES'
CYNDI LAUPER 'CHANGE OF HEART'
DURAN DURAN 'NOTORIOUS'
NATIONAL TOP TEN:
STACEY Q 'TWO OF HEARTS'
BILLY JOEL 'A MATTER OF TRUST'
RIC OCASEK 'EMOTION IN MOTION'
ELTON JOHN 'HEARTACHE ALL OVER THE WORLD'
HUEY LEWIS & THE NEWS 'STUCK WITH YOU'
MADONNA 'TRUE BLUE'
PAUL SIMON 'YOU CAN CALL ME AL'
CHRIS DE BURGH 'LADY IN RED'
COMMUNARDS 'DON'T LEAVE ME THIS WAY'
JOHN FARNHAM 'YOU'RE THE VOICE'
SHOW ENDS WITH BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN 'WAR'

Doesn't look like that great an episode, based on the blurb, IMO.

I hope this doesn't mean that the Saturday morning hour will be filled with Angels and Jimmy Barnes clips. Or even solo Michael/INXS, as they've all been played before in the digital era.
There were some more interesting Countdown episodes from 1986 suggested but as there are still so many from 1986 to be played I am very happy to cross another one off the list.

While I prefer episodes with live performances I do like the Big Pig, Angels, Wang Chung, Pretenders, Berlin and Cyndi Lauper clips/songs on this episode.

I remember watching this episode at the time as I was disappointed with Duran Duran and Spandau Ballet's songs which had lost their sound of previous years. The last Duran Duran song I liked was 1985's View To A Kill and with Spandau Ballet it was Round And Round also from 1985. Neither of them produced anything that interested me after 1985, maybe that's why I started losing interest in the charts around this time.

If the Rock Arena is the one I think it is from 1983 then at least I can enjoy Andrew Peters doing the intro. He was a good host and I liked the studio set up that had.
 photo a_zps1hpydk8q.png

Oh F U C K

That 1983 Rock Arena is utterly horrific, I won't even bother recording it.

Ughhhh, thank goodness both bands mentioned The Angels and Manfredd Mann are in the same episode. At least the other Rock Arena may be okay.

Wonder what will be on for the other 2 hours seeing only 2 Rock Arena's and 1 Countdown is mentioned ...

The Rock Arena episode doesn't interest me, and the 1986 Countdown looks boring. The latter has some good songs, but they've mostly been aired on rage as standalone clips or on Countdown episodes that have previously aired.

Surely the playlist for Saturday won't go up until Friday arvo, as I'm certain the ABC will be working on Friday - seeing they no longer "recognize" Oz Day as being on the 26th........... (by changing the date of the Hottest 100) :wink:

OK, the only Rock Arena with Mannfred Mann playing live is the 14 June 1983 episode, which also features The Angels and The Blues Band playing live, so that's the episode they are playing.

The 1985 'live' episode could be one of many. There were 10 Rock Arenas in 1985 that were predominantly or completely live performances. Of the ones that rage has not shown (thanks Armin), the options are:

Boomtown Rats and Howard Jones (22 Jan)
Hoodoo Gurus (20 Aug)
Flotsam Jetsam (24 Sep)
Boom Crash Opera (29 Oct)
Lou Reed (7 Dec)
The Style Council (24 Dec)
Jimmy Barnes (31 Dec)

I think what this does mean is that my #1 Rock Arena request did not get up :cry:

Nice to see we're finally getting some Rock Arena but have zero interest in The Angels live. Hopefully there are a couple more that are more videos then live, and hosted by Suzanne! Although I did enjoy Spandau Ballet in concert a few years back. And if it's one of the episodes posted by Clip Magnet please don't be Lou Reed or Jimmy Barnes.

I really don't like Countdown from 86 or 87...upto 85 were good. won't be staying up to watch this week

That's the irony of it. Countdown was better when there were live (miming) acts and Rock Arena better when there were videos shown. It's not as good the other way around.

However, especially recorded live material for Rock Arena in the studio was good but concert footage drags. In the first couple of years Rock Arena showed a few concerts as they were trying to compete with Nightmoves on Channel 7 (with Lee Simon)

Pub Rock is an important part of the music culture in Australia.

Andrew Peters posted a reply about his hosting gig on Rock Arena on the RAGE facebook for those interested.

Countdown was on its last legs in 86, and the 87 episodes from the Metro nightclub were boring as bat**** back then.

Where is GuruBob etc this retro month, haven't seen them this year at all in this forum?

I am long time contributor, and Jason helped me with some missing episodes once :)

Good old Andrew Peters ... A great Rock Arena host :-) Andrew's and Suzanne Dowling's hosting were exceptional but not so big on Glenn Shorrock as a host, he just didn't have the music passion and buzz Andrew and Suzanne had.

I wonder what missing episodes I helped Andrew Peters with ... It's sweet that he mentioned Guru Bob and me, what an honour xoxoxoxo

Countdown was on it's last legs in 1986 but so was Rock Arena and SOUNDS, it all was over by then ...

I am not a fan of the pub rock scene in Australia and always loved Dance Music, Synth, Electronic and Funk which is why all the OZ bands I love were more influenced by British, European and American culture but made it their own, which is why it ended up just as brilliant as Overseas acts: Machinations, I'm Talking, Pseudo Echo, Real Life, Flowers, Icehouse, The Dugites, Kids In The Kitchen, Models, Beargarden, The Ears, Deckchairs Overboard, Severed Heads, Whirlywirld, Meo 245, Jimmy & The Boys, Ignatius Jones, Koo De Tah, Stephen Cummings, Pel Mel, Eurogliders, Wa Wa Nee, Boxcar, The Venetians, The Expression, QED, Dropbears, Serious Young Insects, That's That, Essendon Airport, Mondo Rock, The Church, Jo Jo Zep, The Numbers, Early Inxs, Max Q e.t.c... A TON more <3

Metro nightclub was Countdown Revolution but 1987 episodes of Countdown are just as crap really with the Countdown Dancers who can't actually even dance minus a very few ... And all those crap bands like Noiseworks, Lime Spiders, Cattletruck, Painters & Dockers, Hoodoo Gurus e.t.c... ughhhhhh ... with no synthesizer in sight

I wouldn't bother with being on the RAGE Facebook page or Social media, period. I loathe it, it is a playground for childish behaviour, competitive nonsense and a waste of time. Those on Facebook's rage page are really not that into Countdown and Rock Arena anyway, all they do is ask for the same rubbish. rage have played 3 Countdown's from my request list this year by emailing them and not having to deal with Facebook politics, so who needs Facebook ... It has killed nightlife, creativity and has made people lazy, boring and sheep.

Andy Warhol was on the mark when he said In the future, everyone will be famous for 15 minutes, that's what Facebook sheep think they are, celebrities. Living in the age of faceless so called celebrities ... Yaaaawn.

THE END

Oh ... And The Reels whom I ADORE xoxoxoxoxoxoxo Little Heroes e.t.c....

A lot of great bands there Jason. Regarding The Church I recently discovered they are an Australian/English band. Never realized that both Steve Kilbey & Marty were born in the UK. Same thing with Chrissie Hynde always thought she was English but turns out she's an American.

GuruBob has been posting here, just under a different name...

And I think those lines were authored by stephen, Jason, rather than Andrew Peters.

Gary
A lot of great bands there Jason. Regarding The Church I recently discovered they are an Australian/English band. Never realized that both Steve Kilbey & Marty were born in the UK. Same thing with Chrissie Hynde always thought she was English but turns out she's an American.
Yes, I had the same mistaken belief about Chrissie Hyne until recently.

Chrissie Hynde is British to me, doesn't matter that she was from America, she is a Brit and has lived there since the 70s.

Okay, not Andrew Peters but Stephen.

This weekend's playlists are up on the Rage site now.

The 1983 Rock Arena and The Angels live look dire.

The rest though looks great - a 1985 Rock Arena and 3 Countdowns. 1983 to 1986 are all represented.

11:30pm
ROCK ARENA June 14, 1983 (The Angels, Manfredd Mann & The Blues Band) (ABC)
1:00am
THE ANGELS - LIVE AT NARARA '83 Comin' Down (Shock)
COUNTDOWN November 23, 1986 (536: Australian Made Tour) (ABC)
ROCK ARENA April 8, 1985 (330) (ABC)
COUNTDOWN April 10, 1983 (366: Mark and Wendy from Globos) (ABC)
THE GLOBOS Tinteralla Di Luna (Fest/Mush)
COUNTDOWN October 14, 1984 (438: Los Trios Ringbarkus) (ABC)

I'm pleasantly surprised to see 3 Countdown episodes being shown this weekend. I really thought we were only getting the 1 episode.

Yes I think I'll tune out for the first 2 items, but after that it looks exciting. Hopefully there will be rare videos on the 1985 Rock Arena, and Countdowns from 1983 & 1984 are always a good thing.
Plus there's a bit of a 1986 theme on Saturday morning.

Does anyone have a playlist for the Rock Arena episodes? They're probably on TARA.

Year: 1983
Date: 10/04/1983
Show no: 366
Summary: THE SHOW IS HOSTED BY MARK AND WENDY FROM THE GLOBOS. BLANCMANGE TALKS ABOUT THE MAKING OF THEIR CLIP 'LIVING ON THE CEILING' RUNNERS PLAY LIVE IN STUDIO AND MALCOLM MCLAREN INTRODUCES HIS CLIP 'BUFFALO GALS'. MOLLY PRESENTS MUSIC NEWS IN HUMDRUM INCL MINI DOCUMENTARY ON THE FAIRLIGHT COMPUTER. LOCAL ARTISTS:
GLOBO'S 'THE BEAT GOES ON'
EXPRESSION 'WITH CLOSED EYES'
MENTAL AS ANYTHING 'SPIRIT GOT LOST'
SPLIT ENZ 'NEXT EXIT'
OVERSEAS ARTISTS:
DAVID BOWIE 'LET'S DANCE'
MONTE VIDEO 'SHOOP SHOOP DIDDY WOP'
BLANCMANGE 'LIVING ON THE CEILING'
MALCOLM MCCLAREN ‘BUFFALO GALS’
FALCO 'DER KOMMISSAR'
HUMDRUM:
DURAN DURAN INTRODUCE THEIR NEW ALBUM. GORDON FRANKLIN & WILDERNESS 'LET THE FRANKLIN FLOW' MARS LAZAR DEMONSTRATES FAIRLIGHT COMPUTER.
TOP TEN ITEMS:
PRINCE '1999'
LAURA BRANIGAN 'GLORIA'
TEARS FOR FEARS 'MAD WORLD'
BLANCMANGE 'LIVING ON THE CEILING'
PHIL COLLINS 'YOU CAN'T HURRY LOVE'
KAJAGOOGOO 'TOO SHY'
DAVID BOWIE 'LET'S DANCE'
DIRE STRAITS 'TWISTING BY THE POOL'
JOE COCKER & JENNIFER WARNES 'UP WHERE WE BELONG'
MICHAEL JACKSON 'BILLY JEAN'

Year: 1984
Date: 14/10/1984
Show no: 438
Summary: Summary: THIS SHOW IS HOSTED BY COMEDY DUO LOS TRIOS RINGBARKUS WHO ARE PERFORMING SKETCHES BETWEEN CLIPS. MOLLY AND MEATLOAF PRESENTING HUMDRUM VIA SATELLITE FROM LONDON.
VIDEO CLIPS:
KAM SHA 'HE WILL SLEEP'
TINA TURNER 'BETTER BE GOOD TO ME' AND IV RE SINGLE,
ALBUM, COMING TO AUSTRALIA
COREY HART 'SUNGLASSES AT NIGHT'
EUROGLIDERS 'MAYBE ONLY I DREAM'
MADONNA 'LUCKY STAR'
PAUL MCCARTNEY 'NO MORE LONELY NIGHTS'
MODELS 'BIG ON LOVE'
LOS TRIOS RINGBARKUS 'COOKING IN THE KITCHEN'
BRONSKI BEAT 'WHY'
CULTURE CLUB 'THE WAR SONG'
CHARTBUSTERS (EXCERPTS):
MACHINATIONS 'NO SAY IN IT'
MALCOLM MCLAREN 'MADAME BUTTERFLY'
BILLY IDOL 'FLESH FOR FANTASY'
DIVINE 'YOU THINK YOU'RE A MAN'
TOP TEN:
PRINCE 'LET'S GO CRAZY'
ELTON JOHN 'PASSENGERS'
TINA TURNER 'WHAT'S LOVE GOT TO DO WITH IT'
ZZ TOP 'LEGS'
BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN 'DANCING IN THE DARK'
JOHN WAITE 'MISSING YOU'
U2 'PRIDE'
RAY PARKER JNR 'GHOSTBUSTERS'
GEORGE MICHAEL 'CARELESS WHISPER'
STEVIE WONDER 'I JUST CALLED TO SAY I LOVE YOU'

1. ID: 935243 - ROCK ARENA;SHOW 9 - PROGRAM Email Sales about this item

Recording date: 08-Apr-1985

Duration: 59.17

Summary: THIS EPISODE OF ROCK ARENA INC FILM CLIPS BY ART OF NOISE, FULL MARKS, KAM SHA, AZTEC CAMERA, MENTAL AS ANYTHING, FLOY JOY, HALL AND OATES AND THE STEVE MORSE BAND

More details

Personalities: SUZANNE DOWLING, HOST;ART OF NOISE;FULL MARKS;KAM SHA;AZTEC CAMERA;MENTAL AS ANYTHING;FLOY JOY;HALL AND OATES;STEVE MORSE BAND

Shotlist: 0.19 ROCK ARENA TOMORROW PROMO;0.57 ROCK ARENA TONIGHT PROMO;1.42 OPENING TITLES;1.59 FF#1 ART OF NOISE 'CLOSE (TO THE EDIT) FILM CLIP (ALTERNATE VERSION);5.40 MS SUZANNE DOWLING INTROS SHOW AND NEXT SONG;6.35 FF#1 FULL MARKS 'BREAK DOWN THE WALLS' FILM CLIP;9.47 FF#1 KAM SHA 'WORK UNTIL YOU DROP' FILM CLIP;12.58 MS DOWLING LINK;13.37 FF#1 AZTEC CAMERA 'OBLIVIOUS' FILM CLIP;16.37 FF#1 AZTEC CAMERA 'STILL ON FIRE' FILM CLIP;20.26 MS DOWLING LINK;21.05 FF#1 MENTAL AS ANYTHING 'IF YOU LEAVE ME CAN I COME TOO' FILM CLIP;24.13 FF#1 MENTAL AS ANYTHING 'APOCALYPSO' FILM CLIP;26.53 FF#1 MENTAL AS ANYTHING 'YOU'RE SO STRONG' FILM CLIP;30.12 MS DOWLING LINK;30.37 FF#1 FLOY JOY 'INTO THE HOT' CONCERT PERFORMANCE FILM CLIP;35.50 FF#1 FLOY JOY 'UNTIL YOU COME BACK TO ME' CONCERT PERFORMANCE FILM CLIP;41.00 FF#1 FLOY JOY 'BURN DOWN A RHYTHM' CONCERT PERFORMANCE FILM CLIP;45.22 MS DOWLING LINK;45.53 FF#1 HALL AND OATES 'OUT OF TOUCH' FILM CLIP;50.16 FF#1 HALL AND OATES 'METHOD OF MODERN LOVE' FILM CLIP;55.55 MS DOWLING LINK;56.43 FF#1 STEVE MORSE BAND 'CRUISE MISSILE/GENERAL LEE' FILM CLIP (CREDITS ROLL OVER CLIP);1.00.59 END

2. ID: 553841 - ROCK ARENA - PROGRAM Email Sales about this item

Duration: 72.30

Summary: ABC MUSIC PROGRAM, ROCK ARENA INC ANGELS, MANFRED MANN AND BLUES BAND

More details

Personalities: ANDREW PETERS,ABC PRESENTER;THE ANGELS,MUSIC GROUP;MANFREDD MANN'S EARTH BAND,MUSIC GROUP;THE BLUES BAND,MUSIC GROUP

Shotlist: LIB FTG THE ANGELS LIVE, SHOOT IT UP;LIB FTG THE ANGELS LIVE, NO SECRETS;LIB FTG THE ANGELS LIVE, WATCH THE RED;LIB FTG THE ANGELS LIVE, IS THAT YOU;LIB FTG THE ANGELS LIVE, FACE THE DAY;THE ANGELS FILM CLIP, EAT CITY;MANFREDD MANN'S EARTH BAND LIVE FILM CLIP,DAVY'S ON THE ROAD AGAIN;MANFREDD MANN'S EARTH BAND LIVE FILM CLIP, YOU ANGEL YOU;MANFREDD MANN'S EARTH BAND LIVE FILM CLIP, DON'T KILL IT CAROL;MANFREDD MANN'S EARTH BAND LIVE FILM CLIP, LIES (THROUGH THE 80S);MANFREDD MANN'S EARTH BAND LIVE FILM CLIP, FOR YOU;MANFREDD MANN'S EARTH BAND FILM CLIP, DEMOLITION MAN;THE BLUES BAND LIVE, DIDDY WAH DIDDY;BLUES BAND LIVE, COME ON IN;THE BLUES BAND LIVE, WHO'S RIGHT, WHO'S WRONG?;THE BLUES BAND LIVE, AIN'T IT TOUGH;THE BLUES BAND LIVE, BACK DOOR MAN;THE BLUES BAND LIVE, MAGGIE'S FARM

The 1985 Rock Arena looks great. :heart: Suzanne Dowling.

As i understand it, Andrew Peters hosted Rock Arenas were recorded in Adelaide.

Not sure where the Dowling and Shorrock hosted Rock Arenas were recorded, I assume mostly Melbourne.

Googled Suzanne and found out that she's married to Col'n Carpenter:slightly_smiling_face: