Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tributes to musicians interfering with Retro Month.

I'm sorry to everyone for having a whinge, but I've just had a look at the playlist for week 3 of Retro Month, and I am just baffled as to why Cranberries video clips are being played tomorrow morning in the timeslot that is supposed to be designated for Retro Month, when those exact same video clips are being shown in tonight's tribute to Dolores O'Riordan.

Surely tonight's tribute is suffucient enough, it just doesn't make any sense.

I am having flashbacks to the days of Retro Month when a particular Saturday night was always put aside for the Big Day Out Special.

Re: Tributes to musicians interfering with Retro Month.

I've posted about this in the other thread, but I'm p i s s e d about it, too. This means that, provided no-one dies next week, we'll only get 2.5 hours of retro month videos on Saturday morning this month, when there should have been 4 hours' worth. Ripped off!

The Cranberries segment is totally unnecessary, as the same videos air on Friday night, and will probably air again on Sunday night ABC (that playlist hasn't been posted yet)!

Furthermore, as Brad said in the other thread, some no-name (presumably) 'alternative' Australian recording artist, 'Mallrat' is hosting a segment for just over half an hour on Saturday morning from 9:30. Surely that could have been postponed until next week and a Cranberries repeat slotted in there, if necessary.

Yes, as Nathan said, a few of us commented on this in the other thread, but it's worth repeating that it is very poor form to reduce allocated Retro time whenever an artist dies. There are plenty of other times they could schedule the repeats.

I love Delores and The Cranberries but playing the same videos twice does seem a bit superfluous.

Sad as it is of her death and although I like The Cranberries and welcome a music tribute I too agree this hour this morning on Rage from 10-11am could of been better spent playing classic music clips from those artists that are featured on tonight’s Countdown shows selection. 🤔

Yes, and it's not like there will be many other opportunities to play rare Real Life videos (unless one of them dies...) (sorry)

Brad
Yes, and it's not like there will be many other opportunities to play rare Real Life videos (unless one of them dies...) (sorry)
Would rage even care enough to air one if that happened? They're not Triple J/'alternative'. Though, I suppose, The Moody Blues weren't either, and they did one for them recently.