Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Re: rage are zooming in on the Countdown episodes :(

The 4th episode (1982) is also not-stretched and the audio is in-sync. Woohoo! It seems they did listen... but for whatever reason, didn't get the first 2 episodes shown sorted.

Thanks Jason & Clip Magnet for your efforts. Hopefully this won't be an issue again.

The last (1983) episode is also fine.

been recording for the last few years with an old SD foxtel decoder switched to 4:3 Input Recording,no watermark.

And coincidentally, the first 3 Countdown episodes were deinterlaced, but the final two (which were presented in the correct aspect ratio) were left alone (interlaced). Maybe they've now got the message? We can only hope!

Clip Magnet
And coincidentally, the first 3 Countdown episodes were deinterlaced, but the final two (which were presented in the correct aspect ratio) were left alone (interlaced). Maybe they've now got the message? We can only hope!
I told you your email would be read! :laughing: Though I guess they never replied? But wow, they are quick responders at rage, as it can't have been easy to re-digitise/crop/whatever it is that needs to be done for three one-hour shows with only one work day to do it, on top of their other work.

I think we (or you - since you gave them the technical info) should contact them this coming week to thank them... which will hopefully help keep it in their minds that they need to not do what they were doing for week 1/the first 2 episodes of last night ever again.

So the third episode, which was in the correct aspect ratio, was deinterlaced?

"So the third episode, which was in the correct aspect ratio, was deinterlaced?"

Correct, but on a closer look the fourth episode was also deinterlaced. So only the final episode is "pristine" - correct aspect ratio, and not deinterlaced.

I just read these posts now, the episodes this weekend were not as stretched this weekend as much as last weekend which is good.

The first 2 episodes were my favourites, just brilliant xxxx

So then last episode was the only one not stretched at all?

Though the first 4 were not as stretched as last weeks episodes?

Jason 'The Moderator'
I just read these posts now, the episodes this weekend were not as stretched this weekend as much as last weekend which is good.

The first 2 episodes were my favourites, just brilliant xxxx

So then last episode was the only one not stretched at all?

Though the first 4 were not as stretched as last weeks episodes?
I've already answered this by email, but for the benefit of anyone else reading... No, only the first two Countdown episodes shown last night were stretched beyond the 4:3 region of the screen.

Two of the Cranberries videos shown last night/this morning (Promises & Free To Decide) had out of sync audio.

1 2