Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Classic Countdown to Screen from 6pm Sunday Nights from 17th September

I had to google it the other day, but apparently Paul Stewart is out of Painters & Dockers.
Very, very poor choice of host. The 1986 episode was by far the least enjoyable, with the over-emphasis on audience members dancing almost ruining the performances, it all looks so amateur.

Far too much emphasis on obscure Aussie rock, it wasn't a true reflection of what was popular in 1987, but more of a "Triple J' bias that made it look like a very bad year.

The 1985 and 1986 episodes were good though, with Kate and Deborah fitting choices as hosts.

Jason 'The Moderator"
I don't know why we keep getting these CD's from the ABC of Countdown!

The 4 CD c r a p is going to have the same generic tracks with no imagination what so ever compiled by some person at the ABC who's music knowledge is probably not so great. There have already been a few Countdown Double CD releases over the last 2 years and the same tracks will re appear: Girls Just Wanna Have Fun, Love Is In The Air, Dancing Queen, Horror Movie, I'm Bored e.t.c ... yawwwwwwwwn ....

I am sure many of the so called performances which have not been seen in 'decades' have been played on rage throughout January

Most m o r o n s probably have no idea rage have been playing Countdown episodes for decades now every January, probably not even the ABC. Seeing they say Performances that haven't been played in decades...

Agree with these points totally

I doubt this will impact on the forthcoming retro month, as the tribute to Michael Shrimpton last year didn't.

Jason 'The Moderator"
I also spoke to him about the great job rage are doing with the Vault specials on Mondays. He told me ABC only give them a short time and start very late but they use that time to play as many RARE videos as possible and told me it is a little hard sometimes as all the videos they get have to be sent to Sydney as all the Music Video archives are from Melbourne

Wow, that is interesting info. Good you passed on your feedback, too. I hope the Monday night Vault shows continue long into the future. They're the highlight of my week, when they're good

I always look ahead in the electronic TV guide (once it's up) to see how long the next episode runs for. Next week's is just over 2 hours, I'm pretty sure.

Maybe rage could play these remastered performances in their entirety one monday night in january

How do you go about getting the phone number for Rage

Hi all. Thought I'd share some Classic Countdown covers I made for DVD or Bluray. You can get them here: Google Drive - Countdown. Cheers, criscles.

Sorry all, the previous link was just to the BR cover. Here's the folder: Google Drive - Countdown Folder

criscles
Sorry all, the previous link was just to the BR cover. Here\\\\\\\'s the folder: Google Drive - Countdown Folder
Those look professional :ok_hand: