Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Every Monday night (Tuesday morning) on ABC1 now a Vault special

Rage on the ABC website has no Rage for early Tuesday morning. Check this out ...

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/programs/rage/
Website

They have ...

Monday 4 Dec 2017, 1:00am

then ...

Wednesday 6 Dec 2017, 1:23am

Nothing for Tuesday morning (late Monday night) :sob:

Michael
Why don't they put Monday night playlists up on the website? I know they post on facebook, but if they put all the other nights playlists up on the website, why not Monday's?

I get the impression rage have been on 'skeletal staff' since around the time the election was announced, and still appear to be. They never comment on Facebook posts anymore, for example.

Guru Bob
Are they replacing this segment with women's soccer repeats now or am I reading the TV guide wrong?

I really hope not.

Who wants to watch (women's or men's) soccer at that hour?

Looking at next weeks' programming they are only showing the women's soccer on the Tues/Wed night - which is a repeat of their regular Sunday afternoon program.

It looks like they will only replay the Saturday afternoon soccer on the Mon/Tues night and next week there is no game broadcast in that slot so it should be back to normal vault segment.

Checking the soccer broadcast fixture it appears that the Saturday game shown last week was a one off to launch the season (although it was actually round 2 apparently). The W League season runs for 14 weeks plus 3 weeks of finals but in round 10 (Jan 1&2) there will be no broadcast game.

So it looks like we will be back to normal after tonight.

The version of Life On Mars played during December 5 hasn't been played before until now

WOW!!! All the Kim Carnes videos!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO RARE <3 More Love and Invisible Hands, fantastic. WOuld have loved Voyeur as well but Kim Carnes videos are not easy to obtain and there amre some RARE ones there xxxxx And Looking Over My Shoulder by Til Tuesday!!!!! How AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If only rage included the video to Breakdance by Irene Cara!

But how super duper COOL!

Shoina Lang as well!

Jason 'The Moderator"
WOW!!! All the Kim Carnes videos!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO RARE <3 More Love and Invisible Hands, fantastic. WOuld have loved Voyeur as well but Kim Carnes videos are not easy to obtain and there amre some RARE ones there xxxxx And Looking Over My Shoulder by Til Tuesday!!!!! How AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shoina Lang as well!

I started reading the playlist from the bottom up when I first saw it, and wasn't too thrilled, but yes there is some rare stuff shown earlier on.

I wish they'd shown 'Left of Center' instead of 'Luka', though, as I don't have a watermark-free digital copy of that.

Jason 'The Moderator"

Shoina Lang as well!

Hi Jason,

If you are interested I have Voyeur from a Laser Disc. It is a great video and nice and clean if you are interested?

Thank You Nathan for uploading the rage Playlist every Monday night. I have left Facebook as I loathe Social media and don't plan to return till November when I submit Countdown requests.

Would appreciate it if you continue pasting the Playlists for Monday nights

Jason 'The Moderator"

Would appreciate it if you continue pasting the Playlists for Monday nights

Sure, I plan to continue.

Next week's Tuesday morning episode is only about an hour long. No doubt they'll pick a really good theme, then

It's starting later than normal because of that W league (whatever that is) that has been airing normally on Wednesday mornings. Typical Australia - sport trumps everything else

Interesting, only 1 hour long. Perfect to play the Countdown episode from 11/04/1982 in that hour. But according to them, they don't have time in their upcoming programming. Fools

Has anybody who were the fans of Bardot? Bardot is an Australian girl band and pop group from the early 2000s.
For more information, try Wikipedia.

Great theme for Monday night - solo singles from band members. One song I wish they'd played was Bright Eyes by Art Garfunkel. Surely his most well known (but rarely played) song. It would be good to have it played on Rage.

RetroTragic
Great theme for Monday night - solo singles from band members. One song I wish they'd played was Bright Eyes by Art Garfunkel. Surely his most well known (but rarely played) song. It would be good to have it played on Rage.

...except they have aired it, 4 times since playlists have been online (January 1998):

9 December 2000
19 July 2008
2 February 2013
15 November 2014

I have a recording of it from rage, too.

RetroTragic
Great theme for Monday night - solo singles from band members.

I hope they do an Aussie one. I'd like to see Mark Seymour's solo clips which haven't aired on rage for a very long time.

They did play it. They replaced the clips with Countdown performances as they were playing Countdown eps at this time as well

The Meldrum tapes im talking about as discussed on the previous page. Sorry im a bit slow

Oh bugger. My recorder stopped just after the Daryl Hall videos. Can anyone help me out with the rest??

RetroTragic
Rage on the ABC website has no Rage for early Tuesday morning. Check this out ...

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/programs/rage/
Website

They have ...

Monday 4 Dec 2017, 1:00am

then ...

Wednesday 6 Dec 2017, 1:23am

Nothing for Tuesday morning (late Monday night) :sob:
Thanks for that link; I didn't previously know about it. Looking ahead, there is an ABC episode scheduled for the 12th at 12:32am, which I assume means the Vault is back the following week. Starting a fair bit earlier than it has done the last few weeks, too, so hopefully it means a long episode (with a good theme).

Looks like a 1997 special tonight, though at least one of those (Eels) is from 1996. As usual, it's pretty much all Triple J-friendly material.

Tonight on the VAULT Radiohead​, The Chemical Brothers, Björk​, Fiona Apple​, Missy Elliott​, Wu-Tang Clan​, Portishead​, Primal Scream, Beck​, Grandaddy​, Stereolab​ and more. 12:32 am on ABC TV. Playlist below.

CORNERSHOP Brimful Of Asha (Norman Cook Remix)
BLUE BOY Remember Me
BENTLEY RHYTHM ACE Bentley's Gonna Sort You Out
DAFT PUNK Da Funk
RONI SIZE/REPRAZENT Brown Paper Bag
CHEMICAL BROTHERS, THE Block Rockin' Beats
PRODIGY, THE Smack My ***** Up
PORTISHEAD Over
BJORK All Is Full Of Love
BETH ORTON She Cries Your Name
FIONA APPLE Sleep To Dream
ERYKAH BADU On And On
JANET JACKSON Got 'Til It's Gone
MISSY ELLIOTT The Rain (Supa **** Fly)
MASE Feel So Good
NOTORIOUS B.I.G. Hypnotize
WU-TANG CLAN, THE Triumph
RADIOHEAD Paranoid Android
BLUR Beetlebum
PULP Help The Aged
PRIMAL SCREAM Star
SPIRITUALIZED Electricity
EMBRACE All You Good Good People
VERVE, THE The Drugs Don't Work
NICK CAVE and THE BAD SEEDS Into My Arms
BOB DYLAN Not Dark Yet
BECK Jack-Ass
EELS Novocaine For The Soul
FOO FIGHTERS Everlong
PAVEMENT Stereo
YO LA TENGO Sugar Cube
GRANDADDY Summer Here Kids
TEENAGE FANCLUB Ain't That Enough
BELLE and SEBASTIAN Lazy Line Painter Jane
STEREOLAB Miss Modular

1985 theme tonight:

Tonight on the VAULT Kate Bush, Prefab Sprout, Scritti Politti, UB40, Romeo Void, 'Til Tuesday, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Hall & Oates, Grace Jones and more. 12:20 am on ABC TV. Playlist below.

CURE, THE Close To Me
ORCHESTRAL MANOEUVRES IN THE DARK So In Love
PREFAB SPROUT When Love Breaks Down
GENERAL PUBLIC Tenderness
MARILYN Baby U Left Me (In the Cold)
SCRITTI POLITTI The Word Girl
UB40 Don't Break My Heart
SADE Hang On To Your Love
LOOSE ENDS Hanging On A String
ROMEO VOID A Girl In Trouble (Is A Temporary Thing
TIL TUESDAY Voices Carry
SIMPLE MINDS Alive And Kicking
KILLING JOKE Love Like Blood
KATE BUSH Running Up That Hill
BRYAN FERRY Slave To Love
BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN I'm On Fire
DIRE STRAITS So Far Away
TOM PETTY and THE HEARTBREAKERS Don't Come Around Here
TALKING HEADS Road To Nowhere
CARS, THE Hello Again
HALL AND OATES Method Of Modern Love
POWER STATION Some Like It Hot
GRACE JONES Slave To The Rhythm
YELLO Vicious Games
FLASH and THE PAN Midnight Man
JAN HAMMER Miami Vice Theme
RUSS BALLARD Voices
HOOTERS, THE All You Zombies

Great playlist from my favourite year (well equal favourite with 1984).

Nothing particularly rare, but I haven't seen Russ Ballard in good quality before.

Monday night's Vault episode, which I think for the first time actually starts on Monday night (11:57pm), playlist is up on the rage website now, and it's a Christmas special:

http://www.abc.net.au/rage/archive/s4783896.htm

Rather boringly, it looks very similar to last year's Christmas special.

Loadacrap tonight:

Tonight on the VAULT Jimi Hendrix, James Brown, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, David Bowie, Lou Reed, Nina Simone, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Joy Division and more. 1:04 am on ABC TV. Playlist below.

JIMI HENDRIX Fire (Live)
DOORS, THE Crawling King Snake (Live from GTK)
JAMES BROWN Get Up Offa That Thing (Live at Chastain Park)
J.J. CALE Cocaine (Live)
BILLY THORPE and THE AZTECS Cigarettes and Whiskey (Live from GTK)
DADDY COOL Come Back Again (Live)
SUPERTRAMP Bloody Well Right (Live)
WHO, THE Can't Explain (Live)
PINK FLOYD Comfortably Numb (Live)
LED ZEPPELIN Immigrant Song (Live)
DEEP PURPLE Fire Ball (Live)
BLACK SABBATH Neon Knights (Live)
ALICE COOPER School's Out (Live)
ROLLING STONES, THE (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction (Live)
DAVID BOWIE Let's Spend The Night Together (Live)
DAVID BOWIE Changes (Live)
LOU REED Rock 'n Roll (Live from GTK)
STEVIE WONDER Superstition (Live)
BILLY PRESTON I Wrote A Simple Song (Live)
NINA SIMONE For A While (Live at Ronnie Scott's)
RENEE GEYER It's A Man's Man's World (Live)
ELVIS PRESLEY Love Me Tender (Live)
NICK CAVE and THE BAD SEEDS The Mercy Seat (Live in Lyon)
GO-BETWEENS The Clarke Sisters (Live)
JOY DIVISION Transmission (Live)
SONIC YOUTH Sister (Live)
DEAD KENNEDYS, THE Holiday In Cambodia (Live)
BUTTHOLE SURFERS 100 Million People Dead (Live)
BIG BLACK Jordan Minnesota (Live)

ohnoitisnathan
Loadacrap tonight
Indeed. Bring on Retro month, hopefully nothing like this.

Totally not interested in watching live performances. Hopefully that 'theme' is now out of their system. Music videos in my book are purpose-made films to studio recordings.

Looks like 90s Australian special tonight:

Tonight on the VAULT The Cruel Sea, You Am I, Hoodoo Gurus, Yothu Yindi, Christine Anu, Frente, Underground Lovers, Itch-E & Scratch-E and more. 12:22 am on ABC TV. Playlist below.

CRUEL SEA, THE The Honeymoon Is Over
NICK CAVE and THE BAD SEEDS Do You Love Me?
DAVE GRANEY 'N' THE CORAL SNAKES You're Just Too Hip Baby
YOU AM I Adam's Ribs
HOODOO GURUS The Right Time
HUNTERS and COLLECTORS Throw Your Arms Around Me
CROWDED HOUSE Distant Sun
YOTHU YINDI World Turning
CHRISTINE ANU Monkey and The Turtle
CHRISTINE ANU with PAUL KELLY Last Train
CALIGULA Before
UNDERGROUND LOVERS Losin' It
UNDERGROUND LOVERS Your Eyes
SEVERED HEADS Dead Eyes Opened
ITCH-E and SCRATCH-E Sweetness And Light
KYLIE MINOGUE Confide In Me
SINGLE GUN THEORY Fall
FRENTE Bizarre Love Triangle
MAX SHARAM Coma
NICK BARKER Time Bomb
YOU AM I Jaimme's Got A Gal
YOU AM I Berlin Chair
CRUEL SEA, THE Black Stick
CRUEL SEA, THE Better Get A Lawyer
TUMBLEWEED Daddy Long Legs
SILVERCHAIR Tomorrow

Well, rage seem to have abandoned the above playlist.

I tuned in about 20 minutes after it started, and 'Confide In Me' was on (which wasn't scheduled until the second hour)... then 'Fall', and then Frente!'s 'Horrible', which isn't on the playlist above, then 'Bizarre Love Triangle' and 'Coma', which is now airing.

D@mn. I hope I didn't miss anything good not scheduled in the first 20 minuets. Was anyone recording then?

After the clips mentioned above, they aired:

NICK BARKER Time Bomb
YOU AM I Jaimme's Got A Gal
YOU AM I Berlin Chair
CRUEL SEA, THE Black Stick
CRUEL SEA, THE Better Get A Lawyer
TUMBLEWEED Daddy Long Legs
SILVERCHAIR Tomorrow

as listed, then, oddly they repeated the Saturday morning Vault segment (the 8:30-9+ slot), from some artist I've never heard of.

I recorded it out of habit and they must have changed the broadcast timing as I set it to start recording 20min before the scheduled start and when I checked it this morning it was part way through Underground Lovers - Losin' It (which is a great song but I have it already from their Guest programming slot last year).

As the music is all around 1994 and it repeated part of the Saturday morning slot I had no interest in it and deleted it about 5 hours ago.

Armin
I recorded it out of habit and they must have changed the broadcast timing as I set it to start recording 20min before the scheduled start and when I checked it this morning it was part way through Underground Lovers - Losin' It (which is a great song but I have it already from their Guest programming slot last year).

As the music is all around 1994 and it repeated part of the Saturday morning slot I had no interest in it and deleted it about 5 hours ago.
Thanks. They've got the amended playlist up on the website now, anyway. It appears to have started an hour earlier than scheduled.

For anyone interested, this morning (Wednesday morning), the ABC rage program, which ran for just over half an hour, played the following:

DIVINYLS I Touch Myself
PJ HARVEY Down By the Water
GARBAGE Q u e e r
HOLE Celebrity Skin
IMANI COPPOLA Legend of a Cowgirl
SHERYL CROW If It Makes You Happy
MAZZY STAR Fade Into You

Normally, the Wednesday morning ABC program re-airs part of the Saturday night guest programmer/special. As the show was too short to replay a full Countdown episode, I guess they went with this.

Wow, Monday night's playlist is already on the website, and contains some great clips including Toni Basil's 'Over My Head'! I'm not sure what the theme is, though.

Monday night's playlist is up here http://www.abc.net.au/rage/archive/s4789396.htm

The theme appears to be artists who've been in groups and released music as a solo act... though I'm not sure how Toni Basil, Pat Benatar, Sinead O'Connor, Divinyls, Innocence or Monie Love fit into that.

Chrysalis label maybe

Matt
Chrysalis label maybe
Clever cookie! That's it! Probably. Though I wasn't aware that Toni Basil was on Chrysalis. I thought Stiff Records was her label? Anyway, I'm just glad they're playing that video.

edit - 'Over My Head' was released on Chrysalis, so that must be the theme.

ohnoitisnathan
Matt
Chrysalis label maybe
Clever cookie! That's it! Probably. Though I wasn't aware that Toni Basil was on Chrysalis. I thought Stiff Records was her label? Anyway, I'm just glad they're playing that video.

edit - 'Over My Head' was released on Chrysalis, so that must be the theme.
The online playlist shows a few EMI labels as well. Chrysalis is owned by EMI. But then there's some Festival/Mushroom, Ensign, Virgin and one Sony in there as well. Chrysalis, EMI and Virgin are now all under UMG (Universal Music Group) but Festival/Mushroom is not (Warner Music Group) and Sony is Sony.

Maybe rage should run a weekly competition to guess what the theme is and the winner gets to programme 1 hour of vault the following week :smile:

But I was going to say... good to see the Tuesday vault shows having the playlist on the website now. There's some good stuff in there this week and some clips that have never been played on rage since online playlists have been up.

Some of those acts were on Festival locally, but Chrysalis for international releases.

I wonder why rage chose to do a special on Chrysalis artists? It's not really like it would be a well-known label by the general public. EMI, they might have heard of, but not really this. Still, it's a good episode.

I had been suggesting Toni Basil's 'Over My Head' for a while, several years back. I don't really make requests/suggestions these days, as I figure they'll just play what they want to. But maybe they had noted it down as one to look for in the archives.

this thread for the benefit of Jason and any others who are used to my Monday playlist posts. Tonight's playlist was posted on the rage website on the weekend, and is linked above.

WOW !!!!!!!

Jellybean with Just A Mirage and The Real Thing!!!!!

Toni Basil with Over My Head!!!!!

And Sinead O'Connor with MC Lyte with i Want Your Hands On me which I have requested for years!

I have zero space on my DVD Recorder from the weekend with rage goes retro 2, better start burning

Jason 'The Moderator'
WOW !!!!!!!

Jellybean with Just A Mirage and The Real Thing!!!!!

Toni Basil with Over My Head!!!!!

And Sinead O'Connor with MC Lyte with i Want Your Hands On me which I have requested for years!

I have zero space on my DVD Recorder from the weekend with rage goes retro 2, better start burning
I knew you'd like this one Jason, as do I. Best night of the Vault in ages, with many clips they've never shown before. I just hope there's no stretching...

We are very spoilt tonight and this month with Countdown galore. It really is 80s heaven x

Some very RARE clips tonight which I have wanted for a long time

Terrible nineties Triple J playlist tonight.
I hope that doesn't mean Week 4 of Retro month has moved into "Recovery" mode.

I was hoping you'd relieved me of posting this one, Brad...

Tonight on the VAULT Sublime, Buck-O-Nine, Less Than Jake, Royal Crown Revue, Rancid, The Living End, Toe To Toe SHC, Bad Religion, Sick Of It All, Pennywise, Unwritten Law, Millencolin, NOFX, Frenzal Rhomb and more. 12:37 am on ABC TV. Playlist below.

QUICKSAND Dine Alone
BAD RELIGION Do You Love Me?
ORANGE 9MM High Speed Changer
SICK OF IT ALL Potential For A Fall
PENNYWISE Same Old Story
TOE TO TOE Falling Short
H2O Everready
FACE TO FACE I Won't Lie Down
UNWRITTEN LAW Lonesome
BODYJAR Glossy Books
DOWNTIME Monkey
FRONT END LOADER Summer Hits
LIVING END, THE Prisoner Of Society
FRENZAL RHOMB Disappointment
VANDALS, THE It's A Fact
NO FX Leave It Alone
BLINK 182 Josie (Everything's Gonna Be Fine)
MXPX Chick Magnet
OFFSPRING, THE I Choose
MILLENCOLIN Lozin' Must
SUBLIME What I Got
311 All Mixed Up
SPRUNG MONKEY Get 'Em Outta Here
BUCK-O-NINE My Town
SUICIDE MACHINES No Face
HEPCAT No Worries
ROYAL CROWN REVUE Watts Local
REVEREND HORTON HEAT, THE One Time For Me
RANCID Time Bomb
VOODOO GLOW SKULLS Left For Dead
PIETASTERS, THE Out All Night
LESS THAN JAKE Dopeman
REEL BIG FISH Sell Out
MIGHTY MIGHTY BOSSTONES, THE The Rascal King
NO DOUBT Spiderwebs

ohnoitisnathan
I was hoping you\'d relieved me of posting this one, Brad...

Tonight on the VAULT Sublime, Buck-O-Nine, Less Than Jake, Royal Crown Revue, Rancid, The Living End, Toe To Toe SHC, Bad Religion, Sick Of It All, Pennywise, Unwritten Law, Millencolin, NOFX, Frenzal Rhomb and more. 12:37 am on ABC TV. Playlist below.

QUICKSAND Dine Alone
BAD RELIGION Do You Love Me?
ORANGE 9MM High Speed Changer
SICK OF IT ALL Potential For A Fall
PENNYWISE Same Old Story
TOE TO TOE Falling Short
H2O Everready
FACE TO FACE I Won\'t Lie Down
UNWRITTEN LAW Lonesome
BODYJAR Glossy Books
DOWNTIME Monkey
FRONT END LOADER Summer Hits
LIVING END, THE Prisoner Of Society
FRENZAL RHOMB Disappointment
VANDALS, THE It\'s A Fact
NO FX Leave It Alone
BLINK 182 Josie (Everything\'s Gonna Be Fine)
MXPX Chick Magnet
OFFSPRING, THE I Choose
MILLENCOLIN Lozin\' Must
SUBLIME What I Got
311 All Mixed Up
SPRUNG MONKEY Get \'Em Outta Here
BUCK-O-NINE My Town
SUICIDE MACHINES No Face
HEPCAT No Worries
ROYAL CROWN REVUE Watts Local
REVEREND HORTON HEAT, THE One Time For Me
RANCID Time Bomb
VOODOO GLOW SKULLS Left For Dead
PIETASTERS, THE Out All Night
LESS THAN JAKE Dopeman
REEL BIG FISH Sell Out
MIGHTY MIGHTY BOSSTONES, THE The Rascal King
NO DOUBT Spiderwebs
Sorry, I prefer to be the bearer of good news :grimacing:

It seems to be the way that after one of the best vault episodes ever, we get a c r a p one.

ohnoitisnathan
It seems to be the way that after one of the best vault episodes ever, we get a c r a p one.
Over 150 comments on facebook, and most seem to be thrilled.
Hopefully it won't have too much impact, but I'm dreading the possibility that Retro week 4, which would already be locked in, will cater to these nineties fans with episodes of Recovery.
Could that be why we've already had 5 episodes of Countdown each week, to get them out of the way? And no Rock Arena. I really hope I'm wrong!

Brad
ohnoitisnathan
Over 150 comments on facebook, and most seem to be thrilled.
Hopefully it won't have too much impact, but I'm dreading the possibility that Retro week 4, which would already be locked in, will cater to these nineties fans with episodes of Recovery.
Could that be why we've already had 5 episodes of Countdown each week, to get them out of the way? And no Rock Arena. I really hope I'm wrong!
You are wrong (see the other thread). But it might as well be Recovery, given week 4 contains a dull episode from 1986, and Rock Arena with live Angels performances. I think I'd rather watch Recovery.

The facebook page generally caters to 'younger' people, I think, which is why the 90s specials get such interest. Even though it's the same 'alternative' music they always play.

Not meaning to be disrespectful, but yet another January death (a member of Judas Priest), meaning yet another tribute that will impact on the Vault if they play (and repeat) a tribute.

More rubbish tonight:

Tonight on the VAULT The Strokes, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, TV On The Radio, The Walkmen, Interpol, The Kills, The White Stripes, The Rapture, LCD Soundsystem and more. 1:17 am on ABC TV. Playlist below.

WALKMEN, THE The Rat
TV ON THE RADIO Staring At The Sun
INTERPOL Obstacle 1
YEAH YEAH YEAHS Maps
YEAH YEAH YEAHS Date With The Night
LIARS Mr You're On Fire Mr
RAPTURE, THE House Of Jealous Lovers
LCD SOUNDSYSTEM Losing My Edge
STROKES, THE Hard To Explain
STROKES, THE The Modern Age
KINGS OF LEON Red Morning Light
HIVES, THE Hate To Say I Told You So
HOT HOT HEAT Bandages
VINES, THE Outthaway
VON BONDIES, THE C'mon C'mon
VON BONDIES, THE It Came From Japan
WHITE STRIPES, THE Fell In Love With A Girl
WHITE STRIPES, THE Hotel Yorba
KILLS, THE Wait
BLACK REBEL MOTORCYCLE CLUB Spread Your Love
RAVEONETTES, THE Attack Of The Ghost Riders

Rubbish indeed! How can that stuff even be considered retro?

1 2 3 4 5 6