Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Countdown Live on ABC New Years Eve

Personally, I'd rather rage. I guess rage probably will still air on NYE after this, though its start will probably be later than usual.

Re: Countdown Live on ABC New Years Eve

I read in an article on the TV Tonight blog that Molly Meldrum will be introducing Countdown Live on NYE, which should be an interesting highlight of the night. I remember coming up with the idea for New Years rage many years ago back when rage had message boards. I said it would be better than being stuck with the option of having to watch Richard Wilkins bring in the New Year again. :D The only issue with NYE rage is that they program obscure indie videos in the mix when it should just be a celebration of past hits. It does not match the demographic of people who would be tuning into New Years rage and it would make people turn off or switch channels. In previous years, there have been other music shows on New Years, such as The Loop on Ten/Eleven and Volumz on NITV, though rage would have to be the pick of the bunch. I hope rage can just stick to playing past hits and not go off track by including obscure indie tracks in the mix.