Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
COUNTDOWN IS BACK!

I saw an attached photo of a newspaper article and it's turns out to be that Countdown is going to be revived by the ABC and will screen next year following the success of Countdown Classics.
I wonder if there will be more Australian music on the commercial radio by bringing the recent Australian music acts to perform on the show just like the good old days when the show was on before.

Re: COUNTDOWN IS BACK!

Nicholas
I saw an attached photo of a newspaper article and it's turns out to be that Countdown is going to be revived by the ABC and will screen next year following the success of Countdown Classics.
I wonder if there will be more Australian music on the commercial radio by bringing the recent Australian music acts to perform on the show just like the good old days when the show was on before.

I hope they air untampered-with episodes, and not just from a particular year/era.

I saw an ad last night that ABC2 is becoming ABC Comedy on December 4. Yeah, that's going to work well . No doubt it'll end up like other specifically-named channels that soon end up just airing anything to fill the slot.

ohnoitisnathan
Nicholas
I saw an attached photo of a newspaper article and it\'s turns out to be that Countdown is going to be revived by the ABC and will screen next year following the success of Countdown Classics.

I hope they air untampered-with episodes, and not just from a particular year/era.

I saw an ad last night that ABC2 is becoming ABC Comedy on December 4. Yeah, that\'s going to work well . No doubt it\'ll end up like other specifically-named channels that soon end up just airing anything to fill the slot.
Nathan - it sounds like they are reviving the brand, not replaying old episodes. It will be new "Countdowns".

Clip Magnet
ohnoitisnathan
Nicholas
I saw an attached photo of a newspaper article and it\\\'s turns out to be that Countdown is going to be revived by the ABC and will screen next year following the success of Countdown Classics.

I saw an ad last night that ABC2 is becoming ABC Comedy on December 4. Yeah, that\\\'s going to work well . No doubt it\\\'ll end up like other specifically-named channels that soon end up just airing anything to fill the slot.
Nathan - it sounds like they are reviving the brand, not replaying old episodes. It will be new "Countdowns".
Wow, I sure misintepreted this thread :laughing:

I don't see how it can work with current acts, and don't see it lasting long.

I'd rather see complete repeats!
I have no interest in a revived Countdown with current acts.
Fair enough to people who do like "new" music, but at best it sounds like it would be more like Recovery than Countdown.
For me though they seem to be missing the point of the interest in Countdown - it's the nostalgia of a bygone era, rather than the actual format revived using current acts.
But... yeah, I don't begrudge it for people who like new music, it's just not for me.