Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: My Lost&Found 70's Countowns

Did anything concrete come from the above KC finds, and are they safe and well in the archives awaiting an air date sometime soon? If so then they would in all likelyhood be my requests for this year, or make a significant part thereof.

Re: My Lost&Found 70's Countowns

Last I heard of that it was just a hoax from someone in Tasmania. Apparently they actually went to the ABC, were given some copies of some Countdown footage in good faith and then were never heard of again but I can't confirm that as I only got that info second hand. If anything had surfaced then you would think we would have heard about it by now.

Anyhow, that 1976 Steve Groves footage, which appears to have been uploaded by his son, is amazing footage to have survived and in such good condition. If the ABC have any more stand alone performances from episodes that no longer exist such as we saw on some of those recent Classic Countdown shows then I hope they air all of those. There must be some great compile tapes still in the archives.