Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
George Young dies on Sunday 22/10/17

I noticed yesterday that George Young (Easybeats, Vanda and Young, Flash and the Pan) passed away at 71 years of age. This guy was an absolute legend. Of course he is also the brother of Angus and Malcolm from AC/DC. He has done so much for Australian music since the 1960's. Rage better show a very decent tribute to all his videos and songs this weekend. Not just 4 or 5 but everything. It would probably take all night.

Btw, I have a new email as yahoo wouldn't let me get into the old one, so I have lost all my emails. So if anybody needs to say hi, please press on the new email link, that way I can have your email again.

Thankyou

Re: George Young dies on Sunday 22/10/17

They almost certainly will have a tribute, especially since they've had more than a few days notice. But if they did play everything GY had a hand in, yes it would take all night.

I expect they will mostly focus on him as a performer, so it will be Easybeats and Flash And The Pan.

Clip Magnet
They almost certainly will have a tribute, especially since they've had more than a few days notice. But if they did play everything GY had a hand in, yes it would take all night.

I expect they will mostly focus on him as a performer, so it will be Easybeats and Flash And The Pan.

The tribute is this coming weekend/Saturday night.

This, combined with the repeat of the Judas Priest 2015 guest programming last weekend suggests to me that rage are currently bereft of guest programmers! Maybe they've got them all tucked away for Aus Music Month in November, and no other/international acts were available (willing?) to program in the interim.

My commiserations to the Young family, especially Angus and Malcolm; as well as to the wider "Albert's' Family" at this time. Truly the most significant loss the local industry has endured this year.

Flash and The Pan are one of most unique, creative and most art forward bands Australia had.

Their music was so ahead of the game as were their videos xxxxxx

I have their CD playing now 'The Return Of Flash And The pan' - Ayla - The Best Of Flash And The Pan, such a brilliant collection of masterpiece, every track is genius. They should have been bigger in Australia but they were far too interesting for their time.

And their original version of Walking In The Rain is utterly stunning <3

Also Down Among The Dead Man is KILLER and Early Wake Up Call is 80s Bliss as is of course Midnight Man and Waiting For A Train ...

But no Hey St Peter?! Did rage lose the clip?

So it does appear that ABC/rage has lost the clip for "Hey St Peter", presumably they would have shown it if they had it. I was hoping against hope that it was not in the online playlist by accident/omission, but that they would play it. No dice.

And the clips for "Walking In The Rain", "Media Man", "Ayla" and "Something About You" also missing.

And they played Easybeats "Sorry" and "In My Book" twice! They played Sorry, In My Book, then "Sorry / In My Book"!! I think you call that a production error...

Hello Clip Magnet

Do you need Hey St Peter and Ayla by any chance?

There's a mini-series about The Easybeats and it will be on Sunday November 26 and December 3 on ABC, I wonder if it's got pre-Countdown shows like Bandstand and The Go Show in this new mini-series.