Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Countdown 1976 Special

I just noticed that they are also playing a single stand alone Countdown clip on Thursday nights at 6pm in a 5min segment.

Tonight they played Skyhooks - All My Friends Are Getting Married

Next Thursday 12th Oct they will be playing AC/DC - Baby Please Don't Go.

On the 19th they will play Sherbet - Howzat

Not sure what they played on the first 2 weeks as I hadn't realised it was on.

Something to keep an eye out for just in case they show a lost gem in an unadvertised slot.

TV1 (which is now TV Hits and is absolutely ****) on Foxtel used to do the same thing in the early 2000's. Throw in a random Countdown performance in their schedule.

More rarities on the 1977 special as well - that Lindsay Bjerre studio insert from a wiped episode is the first time that has aired since transmission as well. Wonderful stuff. I am thinking that 1978 will also throw up some more rare orphans.

Although not a big Van Halen fan, I noticed they showed the full 1978 interview prior to Rage starting last week. The 1978 episode only had edited segments of that. Not sure if they have shown that before.

That Van Halen interview is being replayed tonight @ 6pm as part of Countdown Extras ABC #2.

Hey Jason. I sent you an email regarding a copy of the 1976 tape :)